NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Hypothetical:

He does leave, we get the 26 million we're 'holding out' for .....who would people see as  an adequate replacement? Personally, I haven't a clue

Why even ask the question, man?

I don't watch a lot of european football, and curious to know what other players are similar to him around.

Hypothetical:

He does leave, we get the 26 million we're 'holding out' for .....who would people see as  an adequate replacement? Personally, I haven't a clue

I don't watch a lot of european football, and curious to know what other players are similar to him around.

Think you're missing the point slightly.

I just wouldn't sell him, same with Colo. Some players are irreplaceable, not only in terms of playing quality but what they mean to the supporters. Seeing him in a Chelsea shirt would break me.

Who the f*** is going to pay £26m for Ben Arfa?

If Jordan Henderson is worth £18m, Ben Arfa is easily worth £26m.

In fact, given that Ben Arfa is 10x the player Henderson will ever be he should be worth 10x as much - £180m will do nicely!

I just wouldn't sell him, same with Colo. Some players are irreplaceable, not only in terms of playing quality but what they mean to the supporters. Seeing him in a Chelsea shirt would break me.

Jesus, I got cold chills reading that.

Like I said though, he's not going anywhere.

Guest MrSundlofer

Who the f*** is going to pay £26m for Ben Arfa?

If Jordan Henderson is worth £18m, Ben Arfa is easily worth £26m.

In fact, given that Ben Arfa is 10x the player Henderson will ever be he should be worth 10x as much - £180m will do nicely!

Henderson is English. Ben Arfa is not.

Hypothetical:

Think you're missing the point slightly.

Apparently so

Hmmm i could put a price tag on Tiote, Cabaye or Krul but i dont think we could replace Ben Arfa at all. Certainly not like-for-like. But this is hypothetical because Chelsea will not be in for Ben Arfa.

Why would we sell him for 18m anyway? most reports say we wouldnt listen to anything less than 20m for Cabaye or Tiote so why would sell Ben Arfa for less than them?

Fact is Ben Arfa probably isnt worth 26m in a normal market but this isnt a normal market and we are not in the business of selling our players for fair prices we are in the business of getting as much as possible for our players.

Are Cabaye and Tiote worth 20m in a normal market? are they f*ck :lol:

No way we would sell for 18m when we are in a age when many average players have gone for more.

:clap: Tiote, HBA or Colo in a Chelsea/ManU shirt would have been heartbreaking regardless of how much money they paid us.

Guest Phil K

Remember, it's the national rag writers. If there isn't interest in a Newcastle player, they'll CREATE it. The Sun only last week, used a Liverpool fansite which cobbled together a load of disperate quotes over MONTHS from Ben Arfa, added the words "big club" themselves, (meaning themselves, you know what they're like) and The Sun bought it and printed it, because Liverpool fans would LOVE Ben Arfa. Yet 2 pages later, printed a recent interview saying how he's happy.

Its the press. They sew chaos where there is none, where we are concerned.

I just don't get why Chelsea would want him with who they've signed already and probably going to sign Hulk as well. Does Roman not realise they need a defender or 2 as well? Or are they just boring

I wouldn't sell Hatem for any price. He's a match winner- as he's shown time after time- and is an absolute joy to watch. The type of player he is, supremely gifted, means he's almost irreplaceable imo.

The last thing Hatem will want is to not be playing games at this stage of his career, even the risk of that. He's said he'd need to feel real love & support from a big side if they went for him. Chelsea history of rotating everyone on the planet and their zero support of Torres doesnt make them great candidates.

As if we wouldn't sell at £18m. :lol:

Crock of shite.

To Chelsea? I think Ashley's smart enough to know that he could push them further than that if they were really that keen.