NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Whether you believe Pardew's words or not, it's pretty concerning that we're now at the stage at which the manager is publically saying 'buy me two players or we're going down'. :lol:

Yeah its basically what he is saying, proof he has no say and is now publicly begging.

Guest bimpy474

Whether you believe Pardew's words or not, it's pretty concerning that we're now at the stage at which the manager is publically saying 'buy me two players or we're going down'. :lol:

Yeah its basically what he is saying, proof he has no say and is now publicly begging.

But with the squad we have we should have no trouble staying up, the reason we are where we are is because of his god awful tactics. He is as much of a problem as the lack of squad depth imo.

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

Clarification on the 'we need 2' point: two to avoid relegation. Am sure the squad will be strengthened beyond the 2 senior recruits but they'll be more likely to be Haidara type young players. My info is a chance of more than 2 senior recruits... One would be a start tho!

Two good senior players to go straight into the first team and one or two promising young players would be an excellent outcome. Six months too late, but excellent nevertheless.

It looks increasingly unlikely.

Yup. Getting in someone like that Thauvin lad would be good, but we need these kind of recruits now not in the summer, so that we can keep the likes of Sammy, Ferguson, Shola, Williamson and Obertan out of the team, they're just not good enough at the moment/ever. That's on top of getting in a couple of long overdue "purples".

This two to stay up crap worries me slightly.. I mean we have a team already that should be midtable not loitering at the bottom. Also I hope our players don't read into those quotes either..

Exactly, and at no stage has he taken any of the blame, which really worries me. If he can't see what's wrong in what he's doing, as well as the players and the need for new blood then we really are fecked.

This is my biggest concern - if he doesn't accept that his tactics, set piece routines, team selections etc. are even partly responsible for our league position (which he clearly doesn't) then we're in big trouble.

Even with our injury problems we've usually put out teams that should at least be giving the opposition a decent run for their money but we've looked clueless, gutless and have been rolled over convincingly time after time.  Pardew's demeanor and comments seem to suggest that he intends for us to carry on using the same tactics but that we need 2 new first team players to make it work?

If we stay up this season it'll be in spite of Pardew, not because of him. TWAT!

But with the squad we have we should have no trouble staying up, the reason we are where we are is because of his god awful tactics. He is as much of a problem as the lack of squad depth imo.

I'm not convinced we will sign anyone of note so pardew best sort out a way to make this team play or we are fucked.

Pardew man  :lol:

Can't imagine how he felt after we got gazumped by QPR for Remy.

I reckon he would have just about taken a swing at Llambias.

Pardew is cracking up.

"2 or 3 players, no 3 or 4, 1 or 2, 2 for 1, 1 for all, all for one ... no more relegation!"

What is the significance of these numbers anyway? Really needs to stop talking about players we're after in that way. It's embarrassing and depressing the way the numbers start to dwindle as his confidence plummets with each passing day.

Guest bimpy474

This two to stay up crap worries me slightly.. I mean we have a team already that should be midtable not loitering at the bottom. Also I hope our players don't read into those quotes either..

Exactly, and at no stage has he taken any of the blame, which really worries me. If he can't see what's wrong in what he's doing, as well as the players and the need for new blood then we really are fecked.

This is my biggest concern - if he doesn't accept that his tactics, set piece routines, team selections etc. are even partly responsible for our league position (which he clearly doesn't) then we're in big trouble.

Even with our injury problems we've usually put out teams that should at least be giving the opposition a decent run for their money but we've looked clueless, gutless and have been rolled over convincingly time after time.  Pardew's demeanor and comments seem to suggest that he intends for us to carry on using the same tactics but that we need 2 new first team players to make it work?

If we stay up this season it'll be in spite of Pardew, not because of him. TWAT!

:sadnod:

Guest bimpy474

I'm not convinced we will sign anyone of note so pardew best sort out a way to make this team play or we are fucked.

Which i don't think he has the ability to do :(

I can't believe that anyone thinks that Pardew, Newcastle manager Pardew, doesn't think he's responsible for how the team plays, because George Caulkin tweeted that he wanted 1 or 2 players to help us stay up.

I hope something happens soon, because the level of discussion on here has reached absolutely frightening depths.

All he would end up with is a different set of people having a go at him, for a slightly different reason. And I don't think you can judge the tone of his interview from a tweet by George Caulkin.

Anyway, who cares.

Who cares ?

Well i do, i'm not talking so much about what he's saying just how he is saying it. I want my manager to be upbeat, especially in adversity. I want him giving the team enthusiasm and guile, to go out and win against the odds.

Not what we have now, a fucking dour, useless tactically clueless idiot who is sending the team out as if they are already beat.

So yes i fucking care.

Have to agree with Bimpy on this. Pardew's guff wouldn't be so bad if the idea was to put pressure on the board, but since it will have zero impact what's the point? All it does is send out negative vibes and undermine the confidence in the squad.

That Wraith clown reckons Darren Bent.

Transfer windows supporting us are no fun anymore.

Two of the more obvious Premiership strikers who seem to be on the market are Bent and Danny Graham so both are likely to get touted in rumours. I don't know what Villa are paying Bent but suspect it might be more than we would so that could kill that one off fairly sharpish? I like Danny Graham and would be happy to have him among our options, he's from Gateshead so maybe a Newcastle shirt might mean something other than a job to him.

Would trade a couple of new faces for a new manager at this moment, like. Am convinced a more competent coach could get the best out of this bunch to keep us up.

Aye :thup: does depend on who the replacement would be though, as knowing Ashley he would probably find someone worse. :lol:

Pardew is so negative, and not just with the team on the pitch. He is just so weird.

He literally can't win though, if he said he was happy with the players he had he would be absolutely ripped to shreds on here.

I agree with this. Obviously if he could win a bit more often, we wouldn't be having a relegation threatened season

I can't believe that anyone thinks that Pardew, Newcastle manager Pardew, doesn't think he's responsible for how the team plays, because George Caulkin tweeted that he wanted 1 or 2 players to help us stay up.

I hope something happens soon, because the level of discussion on here has reached absolutely frightening depths.

As SBR said, every manager, if asked, would want just 1 or 2 more players. That's got nothing to do with the inescapable (and i'm sure you agree with this) fact that our players, pretty much every single one of them, has been playing below their optimal level and that as a group, they've looked disjointed and bereft of ideas. It's almost like they don't practive WITH the ball all week, like they the only time they see it is on matchday (obviously they don't but their is no pattern to our use of the ball). You can call it whatever you like, you can refer to last season or any of his previous seasons with any of his other clubs but the point is, we play like crap.

Now i think he's just trying to do what worked last season because, imo, he hasn't got the nous to turn it around. If he had, even with the injuries because he's always had enough decent ball players at his disposal and as a collective they've played like poo.

You can say we were alright sporadically but so you will be able to say that the all 3 teams that relegated this year.

FWIW, im not kneejerking because it's going badly, i called him out last year when things were going well. I thought we were very, very lucky in some games where we got big results, results the performance didn't really deserve, and i thought we'd be found out if we didn't evolve. Guess what? We didn't.

As SBR said, every manager, if asked, would want just 1 or 2 more players. That's got nothing to do with the inescapable (and i'm sure you agree with this) fact that our players, pretty much every single one of them, has been playing below their optimal level and that as a group, they've looked disjointed and bereft of ideas. It's almost like they don't practive WITH the ball all week, like they the only time they see it is on matchday (obviously they don't but their is no pattern to our use of the ball). You can call it whatever you like, you can refer to last season or any of his previous seasons with any of his other clubs but the point is, we play like crap.

Now i think he's just trying to do what worked last season because, imo, he hasn't got the nous to turn it around. If he had, even with the injuries because he's always had enough decent ball players at his disposal and as a collective they've played like poo.

You can say we were alright sporadically but so you will be able to say that the all 3 teams that relegated this year.

FWIW, im not kneejerking because it's going badly, i called him out last year when things were going well. I thought we were very, very lucky in some games where we got big results, results the performance didn't really deserve, and i thought we'd be found out if we didn't evolve. Guess what? We didn't.

Great post. Belongs in the Pardew thread, but I'm sure there's a few versions there already.

Guest bimpy474

Of course he knows it but he just ploughs on regardless. He has stuck with same formula of "hoofball" as it's so rightly put basically all season so far. The same with Set Penises, which frankly he deserves the sack for on their own.  My point is, if he does see the flaws, he has done nothing to change them, and proof over the last 6 months that he's tactically inept and completely clueless at what to do. All of which tells you he isn't good enough.

You can give him 2 new players, by all means, give him 4, 6......nothing will change if his tactics and ability to change don't improve. We will just look less shit with better players trying to play his crap football.

Great post. Belongs in the Pardew thread, but I'm sure there's a few versions there already.

It's all perfectly reasonable, but my post was in response to people claiming that Pardew doesn't think he's responsible for our play. Which is a mad assertion IMO.

I wasn't saying anything about whether he does or doesn't have the ability to improve things.

Guest bimpy474

That Wraith clown reckons Darren Bent.

Transfer windows supporting us are no fun anymore.

Two of the more obvious Premiership strikers who seem to be on the market are Bent and Danny Graham so both are likely to get touted in rumours. I don't know what Villa are paying Bent but suspect it might be more than we would so that could kill that one off fairly sharpish? I like Danny Graham and would be happy to have him among our options, he's from Gateshead so maybe a Newcastle shirt might mean something other than a job to him.

Mick dodah, said on total sport that Graham was way down on our list, which doesn't bode well in trying to sign him. Personally i don't think we are even in for him. Bent = meh imo.

Guest bimpy474

O0