NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

5 million makes him about the same price as that Gouffran chap, and about the same age.

So do we want someone proven in the league who will play his heart out for his local team and can hit the ground running or a French lad who might go up in value...

Gouffran's a left winger/forward so would be much more the type we should be going for IMO. Although we should buy both really.

Ha Ha. Should and will are obviously very different terms. We have spent the Ba money on Debuchy, I think that will be that.

£5m is a fair price for Graham imo. The English factor will probably require an extra £3m or so, though. Plus he's an important player for Swansea so I can't see them buckling easily, especially to a team that would represent a sideways step for him at best.

We rarely sign players when we have competition for their signature. I think only Ben Arfa and Ba have been signed in recent times when there were other teams in for them.

Yohan Cabaye - We were very clever and found out about his clause before other teams did and got it sewn up early

Demba Ba - Everton were supposedly in for him but I think they're maybe one of the few teams that we can (or at least be wllling to) offer better terms than

Sylvain Marveaux - Something unknown happened causing Liverpool to pass up on him and we re-ignited our interest after the agent contacted us

Gabriel Obertan - No-one else wanted him

Davide Santon - No other serious offers

Brian Ruiz - We lost out to Fulham

Shane Long - Lost out to West Brom

Kevin Gameiro - Lost out to PSG

Gervinho - Lost out to Arsenal

Charles N'Zogbia - Lost out to Aston Villa

Papiss Cisse - Some teams had an interest in him but we were the only ones who put in an offer when we found out he was within our price range

Luuk De Jong - We lost out to Borussia Monchengladbach

Junior Hoilett - Lost out to QPR

Andy Carroll - Lost out to West Ham

Vurnon Anita - We were the only real offer. Supposed interest from Sunderland but no proof of bid

Nathaniel Clyne - Lost out to Southampton

Loic Remy - Lost out to QPR on wages

Moussa Sissoko* - This is another player we have real competition for and whilst it's yet to be seen where he ends up it's not looking promising at the moment.

It's not even as though we're missing out to Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... We're missing out to West Ham, QPR and Southampton etc... Newly promoted or bottom half Premiership teams.

That makes you wonder who exactly we can compete with?

We rarely sign players when we have competition for their signature. I think only Ben Arfa and Ba have been signed in recent times when there were other teams in for them.

Yohan Cabaye - We were very clever and found out about his clause before other teams did and got it sewn up early

Demba Ba - Everton were supposedly in for him but I think they're maybe one of the few teams that we can (or at least be wllling to) offer better terms than

Sylvain Marveaux - Something unknown happened causing Liverpool to pass up on him and we re-ignited our interest after the agent contacted us

Papiss Cisse - Some teams had an interest in him but we were the only ones who put in an offer when we found out he was within our price range

Vurnon Anita - We were the only real offer. Supposed interest from Sunderland but no proof of bid

Moussa Sissoko* - This is another player we have real competition for and whilst it's yet to be seen where he ends up it's not looking promising at the moment.

It's not even as though we're missing out to Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool etc... We're missing out to West Ham, QPR and Southampton etc... Newly promoted or bottom half Premiership teams.

It's a very good point. The last bidding wars I can remember us having (off the top of my head) are Owen, and Rooney before that. The Owen signing barely even was, mind; it was just quintessentially Shepherd. Liverpool fannied around without ever meeting Real's valuation; then we just blew them out of the water with a bid that was way over the odds.

Regardless of his career here, at the time the signing was questionable. On paper it looked like a brilliant philosophy; he was a world class player and would, theoretically, go above and beyond Shearer as a replacement. However his mentality was never right.

I bet those Shepherd signings (which were then compounded by Allardyce's failures in the transfer market, under Ashley's stewardship) are something the current owners are extremely wary of.

Right, I forward this on...I dont believe it for a second.

Apparently we have signed Bent or in the process of doing so.

If it was on loan until the summer I'd be happy enough just in case Cisse breaks and we don't have to live with Shola...Still I don't believe it.

That list is depressing :(

Sad but true.

That list is depressing :(

Sad but true.

That is a real eye opener

Did we lose out to half of them? I dont think we were seriously in for Long, N'zogbia, hoilett or clyne and I'm sure Pardew more or less said we didn't get Carroll coz of politics (Liverpool not wanting to sell him back to us) and the Ruiz bid was a lot of bollocks was it not?

Much do you think Mbiwa & Bony would cost us ?

12-16m i reckon.

So £8m we were gona spend on Remy + say another £6-8m HAS to be worth the spend surely? worth it even if we weren't desperate.

Well most french journos seem to think Mbiwa's release clause is around 8m and Bony i heard was about the same but considering the club he plays for and potential theres probably a bit of lee way for negotiation so the Bony part is a bit of guess work on my part.

I'll be gob smacked if we spend over 5m on a defender and a forward, whats more likely is a budget priced CB and 6m+ on a forward.