NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Don't want us to sell Cabaye! But IF he went, a bidding war between PSG and Monaco would be nice.

dont think we could attract a good enough replacement to sell.

Neither do i, unfortunately..

both our midfield players are liabilities.....cabaye, with his mental problems, and tiote, cos hes just an idiot, a fair amount of the time.

Personally i would loan cabaye out to a champ league team, in hope of a 20m+ payout.....6month down the road.

Mental illness can go on for years, could reappear at any moment.

both our midfield players are liabilities.....cabaye, with his mental problems, and tiote, cos hes just an idiot, a fair amount of the time.

Personally i would loan cabaye out to a champ league team, in hope of a 20m+ payout.....6month down the road.

What kind of mental illness do you have?

Guest taps01

What a daft post.

I think he's referring to Cabaye's struggle with depression.

Anyway with Cabaye in my opinion he has been poor for the last 18 months, if we had a decent offer for him I'd be happy to let him go.

Log off Dad you're drunk.

/Flippant

I'd have got depressed if I went from a mainstay in a team that got to the Champions League to a team that you were promised would be playing on-the-deck football in a foreign country and it turns out you were lied to.

I think he's referring to Cabaye's struggle with depression.

Anyway with Cabaye in my opinion he has been poor for the last 18 months, if we had a decent offer for him I'd be happy to let him go.

He was brilliant during the second half of last season and was one of our better players during the first half of this one.

Half the cunts on here must watch different matches to me. I swear I've got a season ticket to the wrong fucking Newcastle United.

I'd sell Cabaye for the right offer tbh. He's struggled with the physical side of the Premiership, and if he wants to leave it'd be counter-productive to try and dig our heels in.

When people say 'I wouldn't sell' do they really mean 'not at any price?' That strikes me as lacking in imagination, and influenced by fear of the unknown.

I only want us to sell players once a tried and trusted replacement is already through the door and preferably has had some experience. Teams that cope with lots of player transitions, and ones run by owners hoping for the squad to finance itself through sales do it by good planning of whose inheriting positions. I do not trust this club to sell Cabaye this window and instantly find someone who can fill that creative all action midfielder slot. I really really rate him, think his influence on our game has dwindled as he hasn't had a reliable passer next to him and has had to do a lot of the defensive duties but I don't think he has 'struggled' that much.

He hasn't been entirely consistent but, has had poor periods but still, I really don't like these discussions of getting rid of him while there is no central midfielder who can adequately fill in.

We have got a lot of midfielders too, maybe in time Bigi and Inman will become that player for us, but if we rely on being able to just sell and then replace like for like we're going to be disappointed.

I'd sell Cabaye for the right offer tbh. He's struggled with the physical side of the Premiership, and if he wants to leave it'd be counter-productive to try and dig our heels in.

When people say 'I wouldn't sell' do they really mean 'not at any price?' That strikes me as lacking in imagination, and influenced by fear of the unknown.

As Mike Ashley or as a fan?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-united-targeting-celtic-midfielder-4039475

Full article now up:

Newcastle United targeting Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama

2 Jun 2013 08:30

Newcastle United are back on the trail of Celtic's 21-year-old Kenyan midfield enforcer Victor Wanyama

Share on print Share on email

Victor Wanyama

Newcastle are back on the trail of Celtic’s midfield enforcer Victor Wanyama.

Sources close to the Scottish champions told the Sunday Sun that the 21-year-old Kenyan’s agent has been working towards getting his £8million-rated player a move to the Premier League – with St James’ Park his preferred destination.

Arsenal have been closely watching Wanyama, man of the match in both of Celtic’s European games against Barcelona, as have Everton.

But we understand Newcastle are in prime position to make a move for a player they first courted 18 months ago.

Cheick Tiote looks to be on his way out of St James’ Park, with a move to Lokomotiv Moscow in the pipeline, so Alan Pardew needs to find a replacement.

And Wanyama, who cost £900,000 two years ago from Beerschot FC in Belgium, would be an ideal fit into the United midfield.

Alan Pardew’s No 1 target remains Wigan’s James McCarthy, but the £15m price tag on the Ireland international may be the stumbling block.

I'd be happy with both, imo Wanyama would be decent Tiote replacement, but guess would be a big step up. McCarthy I do like, not sure why he's no1 target when we really need strikers and defenders...unless Cabaye or Ben Arfa are off...