NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

If he can put in a decent cross and play as a 'proper' wide man in a 4-4-2, he'd make a huge difference to the team with those attributes alone.

He doesn't have much of a cross in him that I recall, he's more a guy that cuts inside.

We have players that do that already!

If he can put in a decent cross and play as a 'proper' wide man in a 4-4-2, he'd make a huge difference to the team with those attributes alone.

He doesn't have much of a cross in him that I recall, he's more a guy that cuts inside.

Not like we don't have enough of those already. We could realy do with wide players who like to get beyond defenders and provide decent crosses for the strikers, but I guess if he can deliver a few goals that is a bonus.

It might be more the manager's fault, but you certainly don't have many players that get into the box.

watching them enough it just doesn't look like it's part of their natural game. manager/clubs fault mind for having such an unbalanced squad.

Get French Football

@GFN_France

'The Times' say #NUFC have made an offer of £7 million for Andre Ayew: getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/newcastle… #OM #NUFC

Didn't see it in the Times

Get French Football

@GFN_France

'The Times' say #NUFC have made an offer of £7 million for Andre Ayew: getfootballnewsfrance.com/2013/newcastle… #OM #NUFC

Great gameplan this - no way they would accept that and rightly not.

Get French Football

@GFN_France

if true how does that go with their valuation ? sure i read 10million somewhere but can't remember if that was pounds or euro.

Guest bimpy474

Get French Football

@GFN_France

if true how does that go with their valuation ? sure i read 10million somewhere but can't remember if that was pounds or euro.

That GFN reckoned he was available for £8m, well below his release clause which was now obsolete. The tweet is on here quite a few pages ok.

It might be more the manager's fault, but you certainly don't have many players that get into the box.

:thup:

Not sure why anyone is desperate to sign someone who gets balls into the box, we never have anyone in there to do anything with it :lol: :okay:

I remember one game last season where a quality cross was put in, just waiting for someone to get on the end of it, Cisse standing 20 yards outs with his hands on his hips and the excuse was "well we don't normally put in balls like that so why would he make the effort to get in there!".

http://i43.tinypic.com/rms383.jpg

Pardew clearly identified this weakness but hasn't acted on it either which is more frustrating. We have two aerial threats in the team and the most prominent is Steven Taylor. Says it all.

Pardew clearly identified this weakness but hasn't acted on it either which is more frustrating. We have two aerial threats in the team and the most prominent is Steven Taylor. Says it all.

You don't necessarily need aerial threat to attack crosses, the passes could be low cut backs from the byline as long as there are players running in attacking the goal.

There are lots of average wingers in our leagues that would be a million times better than jonas. It cant be this hard to address the weakness. We need 1 or 2 wingers that can just go direct down the wing and actually cross a ball, we have noone that can do this, then just sign another striker thatv can get on the end of crosses. Simple

Get French Football

@GFN_France

That GFN reckoned he was available for £8m, well below his release clause which was now obsolete. The tweet is on here quite a few pages ok.

Available for £8m. We bid £7m. Classic

Guest bimpy474

You don't necessarily need aerial threat to attack crosses, the passes could be low cut backs from the byline as long as there are players running in attacking the goal.

It's all very well you being all sensible with your clever suggestions young man. Prey do tell me Tron about getting players in the box, are you mad, have you lost all sense of reality. :lol:

Alan Pardew, getting players in the box  :spit:

Not really funny is it tbh. Our lack of ambition on the pitch is so depressing to watch :(

Get French Football

@GFN_France

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40kGqASIdb0

Guest bimpy474

Get French Football

@GFN_France

I thought exactly that, i think it was RMC (french site) that said it was £8m ish. He's definitely available but one thing's for sure, we wont bid anything near a fair price for him.