NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

The long and short of it is that the guy is a fraud of a footballer. Do we really want him 'coaching' our kids? Hardly an inspiration.

I'm not saying that only the best players make the best coaches, but he's got no coaching credentials whatsoever to suggest that he could be a decent appointment. Anyway, as others have said, I can't see Pardew/Ashley sanctioning it.

How could you possibly know this?

I don't. If he has, fair enough.

I just don't like the guy. No, it's not his fault that he was given a contract too good to refuse, nor that he's simply not very good. I'm sure he's probably a jovial chap off the field too. But he epitomises everything that was wrong with this club - overpaid has-beens bleeding the club dry whilst we teetered on the edge.

The only reason he hasn't been swiftly moved on was because:

a. His wages.

b. He's shit.

Let's take the chance whilst we have it and get shot for good.

Spot on. Hope Pardew/Ashley has the same viewpoint.

Signed 2007 for circa £6m. He's seeing his contract out (his prerogative) and had been paid circa £50k a week.

That's the thin end of £20m he's cost this club. £20,000,000. Twenty million quid. And he's contributed, what, 10 good games?

He's a fucking leech and now his contract is up, no cunt with a brain wants him anywhere near their club so he suddenly wants to become a coach? He can piss right off, the talentless, gormless fucking knacker.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Signed 2007 for circa £6m. He's seeing his contract out (his prerogative) and had been paid circa £50k a week.

That's the thin end of £20m he's cost this club. £20,000,000. Twenty million quid. And he's contributed, what, 10 good games?

He's a f***ing leech and now his contract is up, no c*** with a brain wants him anywhere near their club so he suddenly wants to become a coach? He can p*ss right off, the talentless, gormless f***ing knacker.

Guest VaVaVoom

Trippier looks a decent prospect and would be a good move as back up to the 1st team. Him and Tavernier as fullbacks in the "development squad" next season pushing Santon and hopefully Pieters.

Talkin of Pieters, i see on the SkySports website his agent has been saying this week that he is still interested in joining us and has been following us this season because he is very good friends with Krul. I have a feeling that we are going to sign this lad.

Pieters and Santon as our starting fullbacks next season...Nice!

Let Simpson go, bring in Trippier, keep Tavernier around the 1st team and with Raylor we would be pretty covered.

As a side note, Lovenkrands and Ranger will no doubt be leaving in the summer, Jay Rodriguez would be a great shout to come in and challenge.

If we signed Trippier and another full back one of Trippier or Tavernier would have to go on loan for the season.

We could actually have quite a big squad next season if some of the youngsters step up.

4-3-3/4-2-3-1

Keepers -

Krul, Elliot, Harper - 3

Defenders -

New FB, Simpson, Colo, Saylor, Williamson, New CB, Santon, Perch, Tavernier, Ferguson - 10

Midfielders -

Cabaye, Tiote, Guthrie, Gosling, Jonas, Raylor, Abeid, New MF (Romain?) - 8

Forwards

HBA, Cisse, Ba, Best, Shola, Vuckic, Sammy - 7

He's a great bloke, blah blah blah. I'd be a great bloke as well if I was getting paid £60,000 a week to essentially keep fit and train with professional footballers.

What's he done wrong though? He probably knows he is w*** at football, but you can't deny he served us well when we needed him. He will leave in the summer, but I hold no grudge like I do with the likes of Owen.

Served us well? In what capacity? He's a f***ing shocking excuse for a footballer. If he wanted to actually play he would've asked for a route out a long time ago. He didn't. For that reason alone I've no time for him.

Remember all the bottling bastards who took us down and couldn't wait to f*** off? Smith probably didn't pick how much he is paid man. . As I say, he probably knows he's s*** at football but at least you could honestly say he actually helped us at some point, more so than the others who essentially couldn't wait to leave.He captained us for the majority of the Championship season and for the first 5/6 games he was one of the best players

:lol:

No offence, mate, but you really are a bit of a tool.

Can you imagine that aresehole imparting advice to our young prospects, man?

Smith's the last of the cunts from a gutless, souless, talentless time in NUFC's history. We should be entertaining the idea of banning him from club premises forever, not inviting him back to help all those kids become egomaniacal, wannabe hardmen unable to properly pass a ball 15 yards.

Smith's the last of the cunts from a gutless, souless, talentless time in NUFC's history. We should be entertaining the idea of banning him from club premises forever, not inviting him back to help all those kids become egomaniacal, wannabe hardmen unable to properly pass a ball 15 yards.

Bang on. The kids are probably better than he is tbh.

Smith looked areet in the Championship for a few games and did play a part, but when he was dropped and we went with Nolan and Guthrie in the centre of the park we looked about a million times better and started to totally take the piss out of teams at home, instead of edging it by one goal. He's an absolutely shambolic footballer and I can count the number of useful games he's had in our shirt probably on one hand. Arsenal at home under Fat Head, Villa at home under Hughton, a couple in the Championship. Utter shite.

Guest Chubby Jason

Smith's the last of the c***s from a gutless, souless, talentless time in NUFC's history. We should be entertaining the idea of banning him from club premises forever, not inviting him back to help all those kids become egomaniacal, wannabe hardmen unable to properly pass a ball 15 yards.

It's not his fault he was never given a chance as an out-and-out striker.

Guest andrew

The sad truth is that he probably would instruct academy defensive midfield plays in the fashion of: "When your team has the ball, stay away from it. You're a holding midfielder, your team doesn't need you. Stay away from the ball and mark space that attackers could run into. If they do, slide in and win it back."

Guest Chubby Jason

I liked how he used to swear at the referee all the time. I bet it made him feel like a right big man.

For all his vital experience and genuine professionalism, he didn't half settle for below-par displays from his very first (competitive) game for us. Similarly to Duff, it seemed like we signed a player who had no interest in playing football and improving.. us or himself. So glad the days of such nightmare transfers are behind us.

Really, really cannot apologise enough that Ronaldo, the fountain of all knowledge doesn't agree with me. I hope everyone can get over this.

Alan Smith is a train wreck of a footballer, and I cringe everytime his name is on the teamsheet, and I certainly wouldn't keep him at the club in any capacity. But he should receive nowhere near the hostility the likes of Duff/Owen get in my opinion.

i'm sure the club wouldn't keep him on out of sentiment. there have been whispers coming out for a while about his attitude when working with the reserves/kids etc. I have my reservations as i#ve heard a few stories about him but all from when he was an arrogant kid. right now i wouldn't advocate it but i'll give the club the benefit of the doubt if it needs to be.

Guest ToonZA

Smith....FFS. Just get a hobby. Go buy a horse, a car, a boat, go fishing, go fuck yourself..whatever, just stay away from football.

i'm sure the club wouldn't keep him on out of sentiment. there have been whispers coming out for a while about his attitude when working with the reserves/kids etc. I have my reservations as i#ve heard a few stories about him but all from when he was an arrogant kid. right now i wouldn't advocate it but i'll give the club the benefit of the doubt if it needs to be.

yup :thup: that's the crux of it. He means nothing to the club or the fans. If he stays on it's probably because there is evidence to back up his claim for a coaching role.