NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

It's been a smashing season but do not labor under the delusion anyone is untouchable with this lot.  Or that there's no way they would take the team two steps back by asset stripping and trousering the cash, especially given their tendency towards self inflicted gunshot wounds to the feet when it comes to all things football.

That thread from a few days back about keeping 4 players might seem like wishful thinking by the end of it all.

Have you signed up to deliberately do this?

I dont think Arsenal will go after Hoilett, they have enough wide players as it is and Sunderland are just s***.....

If those teams are the only ones with concrete interest then we only have Spurs to worry about IMO and for both us and Spurs he would'nt be guareenteed first team football so it depends on his personal choice imo.

Cant help but LOL that Sunderland think they have a chance at competing with us, Spurs and Arsenal tho :lol:

Why would Sunderland not stand a chance? They could offer first team football and if they're willing to match his wage demands (which is what I think this will come down to) I don't see why it's such a ludicrous suggestion..

I dont think Arsenal will go after Hoilett, they have enough wide players as it is and Sunderland are just s***.....

If those teams are the only ones with concrete interest then we only have Spurs to worry about IMO and for both us and Spurs he would'nt be guareenteed first team football so it depends on his personal choice imo.

Cant help but LOL that Sunderland think they have a chance at competing with us, Spurs and Arsenal tho :lol:

Why would Sunderland not stand a chance? They could offer first team football and if they're willing to match his wage demands (which is what I think this will come down to) I don't see why it's such a ludicrous suggestion..

Because they are shit and going nowhere, if he wants to improve himself as a footballer then surely he will completely blank them?

Guest johnson293

It's been a smashing season but do not labor under the delusion anyone is untouchable with this lot.  Or that there's no way they would take the team two steps back by asset stripping and trousering the cash, especially given their tendency towards self inflicted gunshot wounds to the feet when it comes to all things football.

That thread from a few days back about keeping 4 players might seem like wishful thinking by the end of it all.

I smell Mackem..... though it could be fish guts, as I work near North Shields Fish Quay.

Guest Realist

http://i.imgur.com/EZ5Gw.jpg

Guest Realist

for reals though, relax a little and unclench your collective sphincters.  No one genuinely uses the word "trousering" :lol:

Because they are s*** and going nowhere, if he wants to improve himself as a footballer then surely he will completely blank them?

This time last season we were "shite" if finishing mid table is what you call "shite". Didn't stop us from signing some bloody good players did it? We're talking Junior Hoilett here, not Lionel fucking Messi. Anyway, as with most free agents, I think his decision will primarily be finance based, so I don't think we have a particularly great chance of signing him as we'd probably not be willing to offer more than squad wages.

I'm foolishly optimistic about the close season tbh.

The two touted ones will leave (for big money) and we'll sign five cracking players for just under a tenner.

Must be the dizzying height of fifth place making my head light.  :cheesy:

You can expect Europe's big guns to come after our players seen as we are a surprise package and will maybe being seen as easy pickings

Similar to how we profited from Cabaye from Lille.

Unbelievable!. There is just about zero chance Hoilett will join Sunderland. And for the love of God, please don't suggest Sunderland is equal to Newcastle in any single way.

What is this shit?

Inter after Tiote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2141756/Inter-Milan-want-Cheick-Tiote-Nigel-Jong.html#ixzz1uNGFgedK

And Juventus after Ben Arfa....

This will be a harsh summer..

wouldn't pay attention to it, you see the same things regarding Italian sides every transfer window, load of big names linked to various big Serie A sides (Juve in particular I've noticed) and time after time they fail to materialise

as i have already said....im not afraid we will loose our big stars this summer. its to early for many...santon, cisse, cabaye, arfa.

colo wont leave he is our captain and think we wants to achive things here.

krul would be mad to leave....it will be very difficult for him to find a club where he can be first choice at the same level as here, imo.

tiote, well its difficult....i do not doubt he would like to stay another year at least, but again everybody is for sell if the price is right...like caroll.

I thnk ALL of our players will be more than happy to stay but if MA agrees a fee for one of them then why would they stay ? Its not like we are paying the biggest wages and I am sure they want to feel wanted by the club, I just can't wait until the transfer window closes, even though its not even open yet but then we can breathe easy.

I thnk ALL of our players will be more than happy to stay but if MA agrees a fee for one of them then why would they stay ? Its not like we are paying the biggest wages and I am sure they want to feel wanted by the club, I just can't wait until the transfer window closes, even though its not even open yet but then we can breathe easy.

turning that round, you're ok with us knocking a bid back, the player saying they want to go and us saying "ok then away you go" ?

turning that round, you're ok with us knocking a bid back, the player saying they want to go and us saying "ok then away you go" ?

No of course not.. I would prefer we signed the players we need straight away then the fax machine gets unplugged and MA & DL fk off on holiday.

I want the club to refuse to sell our top players, if any of those top players want to go then depending on contract length I want the club to do like Spuds did with Modric and refuse to sell. As I said above though I do not see any of our players wanting to leave, so I can't see that being an issue.