NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Thing is though, if we go 4-3-3 we don't have ANY quality backup/rotation options for CM. Yes Marveaux can play there in a offensive positions but with his injury record im not sure we should rely on him to be the one. Never mind loosing Cabaye or Tioté for a while as we don't have anyone even near their quality.

Agreed, but i'm more concerned by the level in defense and upfront atm if i'm honest.

So Pardew says we'll have to wait two weeks before we'll see another a new signing? Blatantly going to sign someone completely out of the blue tomorrow like.

Seriously hope that's the case, all sounded a bit long finger unfortunately.

Big signing tomorrow then. :)

This 'year of the youngsters' idea is ludicrous

I have seen nothing to suggest the underbelly of Sammy Mehdi Vuckic is good enough to step up

Dangerous to say the least

The other side to that argument would be to say you've hardly seen them in first team action. They're a fairly unknown quantity at present and Vuckic, in particular, looked mega when he started against WBA. Seeing them get more time is one of the things I'm looking forward to most next season.

Guest BooBoo

Mega? Steady on there. Sicko's right. For his age, Vuckic should have made some impact by now. I think if he doesn't break through this season and impress, then he never will.

Mega? Steady on there. Sicko's right. For his age, Vuckic should have made some impact by now. I think if he doesn't break through this season and impress, then he never will.

He's always fucking injured therefore you can't even rely on him to be available for most games.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I have seen nothing to suggest the underbelly of Sammy Mehdi Vuckic is good enough to step up

The other side to that argument would be to say you've hardly seen them in first team action. They're a fairly unknown quantity at present and Vuckic, in particular, looked mega when he started against WBA. Seeing them get more time is one of the things I'm looking forward to most next season.

I was there for that game and believe me he was not mega. 2 shots from distance, one that rattled the bar was about his contribution. Leggy and outplayed by WBAs midfield for the majority of the game

Lots of work to do imo

He nearly scored twice from outside the box and played a great through ball. He impressed everyone in the ground that day.

He's only 19, has had a few long injuries and is trying to get into a team that's doing really well so he couldn't have played THAT much, even if he is supremely talented. Did well at Cardiff also, I believe?

He's not even 20. That's quite an ultimatum.

I was there for that game and believe me he was not mega. 2 shots from distance, one that rattled the bar was about his contribution. Leggy and outplayed by WBAs midfield for the majority of the game

Lots of work to do imo

Disagree about his performance in that game, obviously. For one of his first starts in professional football you're being too harsh.

Actually being on the pitch will help his development. He'll learn nothing by being injured or in the reserves.

Thing is though, if we go 4-3-3 we don't have ANY quality backup/rotation options for CM. Yes Marveaux can play there in a offensive positions but with his injury record im not sure we should rely on him to be the one. Never mind loosing Cabaye or Tioté for a while as we don't have anyone even near their quality.

Agreed, but i'm more concerned by the level in defense and upfront atm if i'm honest.

So am i, but we still need a CM or it's not enough to be competitive in all 4 competitions imo.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Lots of work to do imo

Disagree about his performance in that game, obviously. For one of his first starts in professional football you're being too harsh.

Actually being on the pitch will help his development. He'll learn nothing by being injured or in the reserves.

Agree to disagree Jack

Even at Cardiff he was in and out.

If he's not making an impact at Cardiff on a regular basis at 20 i dont think hes good enough for premier league. Thats just my opinion.

Technically good, yeah, but dosnt have the mobility for the premiership, and at 20, thats not something thats going to improve

Our squad is very very small, honestly think we need 4/5 players more to compete in all competitions. Not that it's gonna happen though.

Krul,Elliot, Harper

Colo, Saylor, Santon, Perch, Williamson, Raylor, Ferguson, Tavernier, Good

Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Gosling, Abeid, Amalfitano, Bigi, Vuckic

HBA, Cisse, Ba, Shola, Sammy, Marveaux, Obertan

I reckon a right back, centre back and forward should be enough. Then development players and another back up keeper. We will have two players for each position even if there is a slight reliance on youth at times (don't most clubs do that?).

Plus quite a few of those can play in a number of positions.

All of those bolded are either massively unproven and/or represent a huge drop off in quality from the starting XI.

We needed signings across the board before we binned a load off.

I still think barring an injury crisis we should be ok due to players versatility as long as we sign the three positions mentioned and replace anyone else who leaves.

If our whole midfield is wiped out we will probably struggle but that's likely to be the same for most clubs.

My main concerns are Goalkeeper (not as down on Elliot as some, seemed to be rated quite highly by the Charlton fans but he is none the less untested) and if we lose Cisse and Ba in January but hopefully we sign that striker and are playing the 4-3-3/4-2-1-3 formation that served us well last season.

Plus I really like Ferguson, have complete faith if he was needed to step in.

Lots of work to do imo

Agree to disagree Jack

Even at Cardiff he was in and out.

If he's not making an impact at Cardiff on a regular basis at 20 i dont think hes good enough for premier league. Thats just my opinion.

Technically good, yeah, but dosnt have the mobility for the premiership, and at 20, thats not something thats going to improve

He was at Cardiff for 1 month, played 5 games and scored 1. Their manager wanted him back but we wouldn't allow it due to injuries.

Attacking midfielders don't need to be mobile if they can use the ball well enough, which IS something he'll learn.

I have the utmost belief and confidence in the kids in midfield, my concerns come from how little options we have upfront behind the front 3 and in defense we seriously need a CB and a RB.

Probably jumping to conclusions a bit quickly, and probably usual Pardew and most likely will sign the players we need but still.

Writing players off at 19 is daft.

Vuckic's problem is his injuries. It has stopped him a. breaking into our team or b. getting a PROPER loan spell under his belt elsewhere.

All these players though, the youngsters approaching 19/20 (Vuckic, Abeid, Ferguson, Sammy) need to have gametime or they won't improve. I don't think any of them will be superstars but I think they're a decent crop who you could see having a faircrack at becoming Prem players. They're all far closer to being a Charles N'Zogbia than they are being a Jamie McClen IMO.

How many of them have really let themselves down when they've been given shots in the first team? I don't think any of them have.

Writing players off at 19 is daft.

Vuckic's problem is his injuries. It has stopped him a. breaking into our team or b. getting a PROPER loan spell under his belt elsewhere.

All these players though, the youngsters approaching 19/20 (Vuckic, Abeid, Ferguson, Sammy) need to have gametime or they won't improve. I don't think any of them will be superstars but I think they're a decent crop who you could see having a faircrack at becoming Prem players. They're all far closer to being a Charles N'Zogbia than they are being a Jamie McClen IMO.

How many of them have really let themselves down when they've been given shots in the first team? I don't think any of them have.

What a contrast :lol:

I'm still confident we'll bring a few more in. Its only natural fans are starting to get a tad frustrated, given the daily attention and increased spotlight we are getting again.

Nitpicking last season though, its worth noting that Cisse excluded, nearly all our deals had some sort of catch. Cabaye had a insanely cheap release clause, Marveaux and Ba didn't involve fee's, Obertan was surplus to requirements and Santon had been frozen out at Inter. Opportunistic and an admirable policy, but can it be repeated for another season with the same results? It would be very difficult imo.

If we are to progress this season some middle ground needs to be considered, and a realisation by the board that as much as we won't get ripped off, clubs will not accept terribly low offers for established and talented players.

The nature of Cisse's deal gives me hope that we will repeat something of that nature, it will be absolute lunacy if we dont acquire another centre half before the campaign starts.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pardew-no-sign-ba-wants-to-quit-newcastle-7936379.html

Pardew did confirm that he expected to sign a new striker following the departures of Leon Best and Peter Lovenkrands, and he felt the goalposts had been moved as Newcastle tried to sign FC Twente's Luuk de Jong, whose price rose to £16m.

He still wants Mathieu Débuchy, the France right-back who has been offered an extended deal at Lille, and said that losing Yohan Cabaye, Débuchy's mate, was not in his plans. The Newcastle manager is also monitoring Junior Hoilett's situation at Blackburn and believes there will be "three new faces" arriving at the club in the summer, which suggests that one might not be Carroll.

Not that it means owt.

I'm still confident we'll bring a few more in. Its only natural fans are starting to get a tad frustrated, given the daily attention and increased spotlight we are getting again.

Nitpicking last season though, its worth noting that Cisse excluded, nearly all our deals had some sort of catch. Cabaye had a insanely cheap release clause, Marveaux and Ba didn't involve fee's, Obertan was surplus to requirements and Santon had been frozen out at Inter. Opportunistic and an admirable policy, but can it be repeated for another season with the same results? It would be very difficult imo.

If we are to progress this season some middle ground needs to be considered, and a realisation by the board that as much as we won't get ripped off, clubs will not accept terribly low offers for established and talented players.

The nature of Cisse's deal gives me hope that we will repeat something of that nature, it will be absolute lunacy if we dont acquire another centre half before the campaign starts.

This O0

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/pardew-no-sign-ba-wants-to-quit-newcastle-7936379.html

Pardew did confirm that he expected to sign a new striker following the departures of Leon Best and Peter Lovenkrands, and he felt the goalposts had been moved as Newcastle tried to sign FC Twente's Luuk de Jong, whose price rose to £16m.

He still wants Mathieu Débuchy, the France right-back who has been offered an extended deal at Lille, and said that losing Yohan Cabaye, Débuchy's mate, was not in his plans. The Newcastle manager is also monitoring Junior Hoilett's situation at Blackburn and believes there will be "three new faces" arriving at the club in the summer, which suggests that one might not be Carroll.

Not that it means owt.

Should Debuchy really have those accents?

Not that it means owt.

Should Debuchy really have those accents?

Suspect he'll have a French accent  :whistle: