NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Some negative bastards on this forum like. We haven't sold anyone, we have strengthened our midfield and full back positions. Fair enough we don't have a back up striker, but we can play Cisse upfront and play Marv on the wing.

Selling Best counts as selling "someone" when he isn't replaced.

And Lovenkrands.

Of the Carroll money,. how much has been invested on new transfers?

Less than half. Imagine Spurs or Liverpool doing that. :lol:

And that's without an annual transfer budget aside from sales profit,. which most other clubs operate with., Am I correct?

Campbell is coming through, he will replace best as 4th choice I guess. Best barely played after Cisse signed anyway.

Simpson isn't that bad, I'd make a forum bet that he saved us more goals last season than he cost us with goal line clearances

Guest Wally_McFool

Some negative grateful bastards on this forum like. We haven't sold anyone, we have strengthened our midfield and full back positions. Fair enough we don't have a back up striker, but we can play Cisse upfront and play Marv on the wing.

Fixed  :cheesy:

what's fucking infuriating is that when fans begin to voice their concern or question why, they just fall silent and refuse to answer.  Instead Pardew is stuck in front of the cameras to churn out more "it was a fantastic window because we didn't sell!" twaddle.

How mad is that right? :lol:

Guest Craig-NUFC

This is bollocks. Can't believe we didn't bother to get Debuchy in ffs

:lol: Didn't bother.

Because transfers are just that simple.

I like how we pull off several potential signings of the season for the past 2 years, and we don't get a back up striker or a right back and we are a selling club, and Ashley has no ambition.

Doesn't get a lot more simple than the player actually to come here though does it?

Clubs like to make out that transfers are oh-so-complicated but it's funny how they manage to get several done in a day when they need to.

No doubt this is a naive outlook or will be perceived to be but with the big TV windfall money coming in at the end of the season, I imagine we will look to be active then. A lot of PL clubs have spent money they don't have in anticipation of that (there's been unprecedented spending in the smaller sides) Tv money. When some inevitably get relegated or don't do that well, they will potentially need to sell players cheap or certainly won't be able to spend big in the transfer market. I could see us doing some very good business in the summer.

I'm not excusing the lack of spending in this window, or saying it was what I wanted but I hope there's some truth in what I've written. Aside from that, I can't wait for 11pm

More likely that transfer fees will go up and we don't even want to pay them now.

Maybe you're right, I could be proved to be a fool but I think it will work out because all the signs over the past two seasons have said it's been working

Players wage demands will go up as will agents fees - always happens when the TV revenue increases.

Maybe it would have made sense to tie players up on long-term deals on the current rates.

Guest neesy111

Doesn't get a lot more simple than the player actually to come here though does it?

Clubs like to make out that transfers are oh-so-complicated but it's funny how they manage to get several done in a day when they need to.

Aye.  If both clubs want deal done ASAP it'll be done ASAP.

Guest neesy111

Some negative bastards on this forum like. We haven't sold anyone, we have strengthened our midfield and full back positions. Fair enough we don't have a back up striker, but we can play Cisse upfront and play Marv on the wing.

What fullback did we sign?

Aye.  If both clubs want deal done ASAP it'll be done ASAP.

Well obviously, the problem is if the clubs disagree about something.