NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

IIRC, Carr said we don't scout in South America.

If true, i wonder why?...

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nechronical/feb2009/9/0/Gonzalez_321032749.jpg

(yes i know he was at Valencia at the time...)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4620313/German-Pezzella-a-target-for-Newcastle.html

NEWCASTLE are in a fight with Napoli and Roma for German Pezzella.

The Argentinian centre-half, 21, has impressed for River Plate and will cost around £4.5million.

Disco, Mole - any good? Seems a bit pricey. He's also not very tall..

Only seen him once and he didn't stand out so can't really judge tbh. River's defence has been poor this season as a whole though. Even if he came (and he won't) he'd take a while to fit in, centre back is probably the last position I'd buy direct from South America for.

Would prefer to see us go for Lisandro (Ezequiel) López of Arsenal (not that one) if we were going to buy any from over there, far further on and crying out to take the next step.

I heard about him a year or so ago that is one of the most promising defenders in South America ( mind you i did hear that from a River fan :lol: )

I really can't say anything about him though as i have never watched him because i don't really watch South American club football.

Newcastle will, however, be forced to dig deep if they are to secure the France international's services, with Toulouse in a position to demand a sizeable fee for one of their prized assets.

I thought he was available on a free at the end of the season?

Newcastle will, however, be forced to dig deep if they are to secure the France international's services, with Toulouse in a position to demand a sizeable fee for one of their prized assets.

He is Sky talking utter poop as per usual.

Maybe they mean if we're getting him in January, and maybe by 'dig deep' they mean - relative to a typical Newcastle outlay (eg. £5-6m?)...

Thing is clubs can sign a pre-contract agreement in January with the player as he's 6 months from the end of his contract.

Either way he's not going to cost anything, unless some club was desperate and paid cold hard cash to get him 6 months early.

Thing is clubs can sign a pre-contract agreement in January with the player as he's 6 months from the end of his contract.

Either way he's not going to cost anything, unless some club was desperate and paid cold hard cash to get him 6 months early.

If Tiote is going away for ACoN (and elsewhere, as always rumoured) and the club don't trust the back-ups then he could come in early. Not sure what to make of it. Over-analysing what could just be shoddy journalism, mebbe.

Wait and see, as usual.

If Tiote is going away for ACoN (and elsewhere, as always rumoured) and the club don't trust the back-ups then he could come in early. Not sure what to make of it. Over-analysing what could just be shoddy journalism, mebbe.

Wait and see, as usual.

Aye :thup:

If we did want him in January then we could get him on the cheap because Toulouse would be well aware that if they price him too high then there's a good chance they'll be left with nothing at the end of the season.  Doesn't matter too much to us if we get him in January or next summer, we've got nothing toulouse.

If we did want him in January then we could get him on the cheap because Toulouse would be well aware that if they price him too high then there's a good chance they'll be left with nothing at the end of the season.  Doesn't matter too much to us if we get him in January or next summer, we've got nothing toulouse.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/images/160x/1986232.jpg

Maybe they mean if we're getting him in January, and maybe by 'dig deep' they mean - relative to a typical Newcastle outlay (eg. £5-6m?)...

Perhaps.  Just seemed like lazy journalism to me.  I don't see how they're in a position to command a sizeable fee?!

What are Sissoko's fm stats like for this year. Has he regressed from the wonderkid he was two games ago?

Signed him on FIFA13 for us.  Paradoxically, he is an extremely mobile immovable object.  Week technically mind.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/images/160x/1986232.jpg

Perfect use of meme. I am still chuckling  :thup:

Wing forward and fourth centre-back for me. Simpson isn't pulling up trees, but if we have limited money I'd put that third on our list for the meanwhile.

Aye although Simpson is out of contract in the summer so we would have to get someone in as a replacement id imagine. ( hopefully an improvement)

Sissoko does offer something different to the rest of our midfielders but unless someone leaves its not really a position that needs desperate reinforcement.

Although seeing as it's a free transfer all logic seemingly goes out of the window when it's free.