NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

MAY need to bring in ONE or TWO?

fuck me

Aye much better man management and cost effective to just state we need 5 players to come in....

"We are shite all over the pitch, we need at least five signings or we're getting relegated". Cheers Alan.

If a manager says he's bringing in a number of players it might just give some of our current team a kick up the arse that their place might be under threat.

Possibly, true. Different players will respond in different ways I suppose.

Pardew never seems to use negative motivation though, not sure whether that's good or bad.

Guest Roger Kint

fuck me

Aye much better man management and cost effective to just state we need 5 players to come in....

"We are shite all over the pitch, we need at least five signings or we're getting relegated". Cheers Alan.

If a manager says he's bringing in a number of players it might just give some of our current team a kick up the arse that their place might be under threat.

Its obvious to everyone what areas are open to improvement, the players will know that even 'one or two' could mean their place is gone without having to go overboard. If he said 5 and we got one this place would break down :lol:

The worst for me was when he basically said the youngsters we have were shite, after the Bordeaux game. Now many of them haven't exactly been tearing the place to shreds but this is their first proper season in the team, a team that has been off the rails most of the season. Slagging them off in public is not the way to go about it if you ask me and definitely not in the situation we are in.

fuck me

Possibly, true. Different players will respond in different ways I suppose.

Pardew never seems to use negative motivation though, not sure whether that's good or bad.

He might not hammer players in public that often (after Bordauex would be one occasion though ottomh, or maybe Hatems and Rangers darker periods), and rightly so. But I think it's nonsense to suggest he's restricted to motivation through praise alone.

f*** me

"We are s**** all over the pitch, we need at least five signings or we're getting relegated". Cheers Alan.

Not saying we need more first teamers. We need Premiership standard squad players as well. I'd say new CB, winger and RB for first team, regardless of what happens with Demba. Plus maybe another full-back and maybe another DM.

The worst for me was when he basically said the youngsters we have were shite, after the Bordeaux game. Now many of them haven't exactly been tearing the place to shreds but this is their first proper season in the team, a team that has been off the rails most of the season. Slagging them off in public is not the way to go about it if you ask me and definitely not in the situation we are in.

aside from how awful he's been doing with the actual football he's showing signs of cracking with like this mind, it'll get him in the end, it gets them all in the end the madness :lol:

Debuchy

Sissoko

Douglas (for example)

And i'd feel a lot better about where we are going.

No doubt we'll sell Ba, Santon & one other and bring in zero.

http://www.footballtop.com/sites/default/files/photos/players/michael_james_williamson.jpg

If Ba leaves we should sign 4 new ones, of quality, should............

Replace him with a proper winger and a decent backup for Cissé. Start playing players in their right positions.

I'll be fucking livid if we try to replace Ba with Carroll or someone like him.

Pardew has to play things down, if he said we need 5 players people would assume we are trying to get 5 players when he knows there is absolutely zero chance his bosses will bring in nearly what is required.

He does contradict himself a lot but he really is in a no win situation which is why I always say unless it's an injury or something we know to be likely then it's really not worth paying any attention to.

Guest bimpy474

Since Ashley has taken over transfer rumours fucking depress me no end. There is just no fun when you know your owner will spend fuck all if he can get away with it.

Best just not even entertain any transfer stuff until you get a surprise like Cisse's transfer, saves on the misery.

If you had the choice of two players who have been linked who would you go for? Douglas and Remy for me.

RB or LB and CB for me. If we can go back to being solid at the back, our front 3 or 4 should give us enough chance to win or at least draw games we are losing at the moment.