NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Steven Taylor is a very good defender who's given us quite a lot of good performances over the years.

If not for his injuries I'd think we'd thought higher of him.

He's never been a very good defender.  He's always liable to a f*** up.

all defenders are liable to fuck up. in fact i cant think of many of taylors in the mindless sending off at liverpool/following long for no reason and getting raped/allwoing rodallega a free header from a set piece style.

colo is the better defender right now but he is just as liable to fuck ups.

get with the programme man  ian, any good rumours are bullshit, any negative rumours are to be treat as gospel.

Quite a few people seem to think we're going to sign Remy, or is that a negative rumour?

get with the programme man  ian, any good rumours are bullshit, any negative rumours are to be treat as gospel.

Quite a few people seem to think we're going to sign Remy, or is that a negative rumour?

most seem to be treating it as a rumour "if" he comes, as opposed to "when" ba goes type attitudes.

most seem to be treating it as a rumour "if" he comes, as opposed to "when" ba goes type attitudes.

It's not being treated as "Bullshit" and a decent player coming in is positive.

take a look in the remy thread. plenty of negative spin in there.

Guest ItalianMagpie

I don't know why everyone thinks it's so impossible that we'll sign any good players, when we've recently signed people like the captain of the French Champions and one of the most prolific scorers in Germany.

French champions? I'd rather say he was playing at Lille. In France it's not so rare that random (crap) clubs win the title (just look at how good the mighty Montpellier did in the Champions League and how good they are doing in the league this year...), that doesn't make them top clubs.

Cissè was playing for Freiburg: yes, he was prolific, but there are dozens of prolific players playing for lower clubs around Europe, and they don't always have many big clubs chasing after them. Cissè didn't, and that's why we signed him.

Bastos is a different story, he's been linked for years with all the european top clubs, he's not exactly a mostly unknown lower german side's player.

Guest ItalianMagpie

It's not being treated as "Bullshit" and a decent player coming in is positive.

take a look in the remy thread. plenty of negative spin in there.

But I think that's because we're kind of used to read about endless negotiations that eventually lead to nothing. Of course after a while you are liable to be cautious when you hear this kind of rumours...

Hilarious from madras who created this thread in the first place, a thread that now has over 35,000 posts. :lol: 99%+ of incoming rumours are total bollocks, of course it's overly negative.

shouldn't the negativity be directed at the press and not the club then ?

Damian Spellman ‏@DamianSpellman

#nufc manager Alan Pardew insisting he is leaving owner Mike Ashley in no doubt as to what is required next month. Pardew said: "I need a couple of players and if you think I am not asking for them, then you are seriously mistaken."

Can just see Pardew in Ashley's office.

'Would you like me to lapdance for you? Ah-ah, I wanna second striker. I want 3 points, we're getting none'.

:lol:

'My peephole pringle is modelled on an SAS (Shola and Sammy) balaclava'

Probably just bluster from the president.

More quotes from him:

The president of San Lorenzo de Almagro, Matthias Lammens, today admitted that the arrival of Fabricio Coloccini, defending champion of the Clausura 2001 at the club, "is an impossible dream."

"For January 3 we have at least one of the two reinforcements hierarchy to the next tournament.'s Dream is to bring Fabricio (Coloccini), but we know it is economically impossible," said Lammens.

In an interview with the "Wake up," TyCSports President "Barca" said: "The father (Osvaldo, coordinator below) is handling the issue. Know that he is a fan, but it's hard because Newcastle is very well, and holds master ".