NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Last thing I read about P-C-S was that he wasn't good enough for HSV. Would take M'Vila in a heartbeat, don't need a midfielder though.

Disagree we certainly need a cb and striker but a box to box midfielder is vital, we offer nothing through the centre and havent since Nolan left. It is possible cabaye could play that role but he hasn't looked like it so far. Seems to prefer to sit deep as a playmaker.

M'vila would be a fantastic purchase, as would sissokho the former can play as box to box or defensive mid. In an ideal world we would get decent money for tiote and bring them both in. I think cheick will return to form though eventually.

Been talking to a friend of mine from France, and Aliadiere has apparently been really good this season, and has alternated between the left hand side and upfront. Has scored a number of goals and assists already.

The guy is 29 though ... so this would be quite surprising. Probably a cheaper short term alternative if we can't get who we're after.

Not sure though. That guy loves getting injured. He'd probably sprain something just getting off the plane.

We won't buy a replacement for Colo until the summer at the earliest. What if he decides to stay? The club could go under.

Yeah true we wouldn't want to unbalance the books now would we. Summer you say? Try Jan 2014!

Guest VanBarduck

anyway some more rumours for people to dismiss out of hand

the return of the proud tradition of this lad getting linked to us every window (now with added copy paste from Norwegian origin)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2260479/Per-Ciljan-Skjelbred-transfer-target-Norwich-City-Newcastle-United.html

and M'Villa just because he's french which naturally means either us or Arsenal will sign him

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2260453/Yann-MVila-Newcastle-radar-QPR-snub.html

Skjelbred for me , remind me of a young Plasil ...