NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Would anyone take Gomis?

Me. No idea who he is but his stats look much better than the experts on here are suggesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baf%C3%A9timbi_Gomis#Club

He's a good player i just don't want to see hoofball all day long, i'm sure he would be a good signing under the right style of play. But would prefer someone pacy who could play wide, or like Siem De Jong who could play behind Cisse and add creativity as well as goals.

But yeah beggars can't be choosers.

The reported interest in Douglas is good news and bad news. Good that we're interested, bad in that eventually we seem to sign our first choice targets only. Makes me nervous that after the Remy failure we might not pursue another striker seriously this window.

I don't get how if we want a CB & we do need one but if he is a target you would expect early action from us, they will need to replace him its not like he is a bench warmer for them.

Guest icemanblue

Fucking 'hoofball', man. Has to be the most over used and inaccurate term on here. Our over reliance on long balls disappeared quite some time ago, yet it's still used as a stick to beat the manager with.

f***ing 'hoofball', man. Has to be the most over used and inaccurate term on here. Our over reliance on long balls disappeared quite some time ago, yet it's still used as a stick to beat the manager with.

When you say 'some time ago' do you mean a couple of games ago?

Weird window.

Could still end up being a really good one, but could also end in disaster.

Teetering between the two at the minute.

Yeah potential to be a great window but I think most fans lack faith that it will be, urgency is needed but I think excuses are being readied, I think a lot would welcome a good old panic buy at this stage.

Is this serious????

Guest Roger Kint

It's true, like. We haven't been overly direct on a consistent basis since Stoke away.

Negative and turgid, yes. But overly direct all the time? I think not.

Agree with that.

f***ing 'hoofball', man. Has to be the most over used and inaccurate term on here. Our over reliance on long balls disappeared quite some time ago, yet it's still used as a stick to beat the manager with.

Aye but if we went and bought Gomis we would be going back to it pretty quickly.

Guest icemanblue

We're still top of the long ball stats by quite some way like.

Are we? I haven't checked, I must admit. :lol:

Whatever the stats say, there's been a marked improvement in our football recently, and a massive decrease in the amount of hoofs from all over the pitch aimed at noone in particular. This does not take Mike Williamson into account, and he obviously got a rocket up his arse about them at half time against Norwich.

Do the stats on long balls differentiate between clearances, set pieces and aimed diagonal or cross field balls?

Do the stats on long balls differentiate between clearances, set pieces and aimed diagonal or cross field balls?

It's passes that are 35 yards or longer I think. Might be 25 yards in fact.

Whatever the stats say, there's been a marked improvement in our football recently, and a massive decrease in the amount of hoofs from all over the pitch aimed at noone in particular. This does not take Mike Williamson into account, and he obviously got a rocket up his arse about them at half time against Norwich.

I wonder this too. I've definitely seen a big improvement in our attempts to keep the ball on the deck, yet every game is followed bys us being slagged off on here for hoofing it too much. Which we clearly don't do as much as we have. It's like everyone is waiting to pounce on every long ball, and ignores the rest of the play.

Pass completion stats are a far better indication of better football than the amount of long passes per game. Hell, Barcelona play as many long balls per game as West Ham do, so it's not a great comparison.

I wonder this too. I've definitely seen a big improvement in our attempts to keep the ball on the deck, yet every game is followed bys us being slagged off on here for hoofing it too much. Which we clearly don't do as much as we have. It's like everyone is waiting to pounce on every long ball, and ignores the rest of the play.

It was like the Anita nonsense after the Norwich match - most of his supposed 'hoofs' were 30 yard balls that he was trying to clip in behind the defence for Cisse.

We've definitely tried to pass the ball more in the last month or so, we just haven't looked very well drilled at it, and usually resort to hoofing it long again by the second half in most games.

Swedish international potential successor Douglas at FC Twente

Should Douglas this transfer still leave at FC Twente, then the Tukkers his successor already in the picture. Pontus Jansson, 21-year-old defender actively Malmö FF is the name.

because Douglas again of attention of Newcastle United Twente Jansson studied recently. The Swedish International reported that self Twente is the only club that the transfer fee, of around 2 million, willing and able to pay. Furthermore, because the Italian club Cagliari, Parma and Torino interest in Jansson. Would Twente see money for Douglas, it will have to sell him this transfer window. The contract shall run from the defender at the end of this season. An interim sales thus belongs to the possibilities.

http://soccer4u.nl/nieuws/10781/Zweeds-international-mogelijke-opvolger-Douglas-bij-FC-Twent

Would take him for sure.

Not French enough

It was like the Anita nonsense after the Norwich match - most of his supposed 'hoofs' were 30 yard balls that he was trying to clip in behind the defence for Cisse.

Symptomatic of the same fundamental problem with attacking fluidity, movement and build up play.

Symptomatic of the same fundamental problem with attacking fluidity, movement and build up play.

We know a thread about that don't we boys and girls?

Tra la la la tra la la la

Would you rather we used that stick or the "still can't win using other tactics" stick?

http://www.card-boredbox.com/tinyimages/Carnival_Cruise_Lines_Pinata.jpg