NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Say it again I think the lad would score goals but if we're not in for him we're not in for him. If he's desperate to return to the NE then he might have to swallow his stated hatred for Sunderland. Thing is he might be passing up a cup final and there'll be offers in the summer.

Graham would be greeted with an undoubted underwhelmed reception probably by me too but I think the lad would score goals thinking about it. He's a good finisher, seems to have have a knack for poaching goals and he'd be playing in front of his home crowd. Committment wouldn't be an issue either.

Graham isn't the striker/forward I'd want ideally. The only reason I'd want him at all is in case we aren't able to get a genuine top forward through the door this month. Knowing the way we work that seems probable so in that case get him in.

After reading what he said about them in that article I couldn't understand how they could accept him or he could go there. I'd be foaming if we went after someone who said that shit about us, and if I were him I couldn't play for them, is not like he's stepping up or even sideways. What a total cock end if he goes there. He'll be hated by both sides like Bruce.

Graham would be greeted with an undoubted underwhelmed reception probably by me too but I think the lad would score goals thinking about it. He's a good finisher, seems to have have a knack for poaching goals and he'd be playing in front of his home crowd. Committment wouldn't be an issue either.

Graham isn't the striker/forward I'd want ideally. The only reason I'd want him at all is in case we aren't able to get a genuine top forward through the door this month. Knowing the way we work that seems probable so in that case get him in.

Agree with you on both counts there mate

Have the Gouffran quotes been posted?

Ligue 1 side Bordeaux have revealed they are ready to listen to offers for star striker Yoan Gouffran.

Gouffran, 26, has set his sights on leaving les Girondins after spending last four and a half years at the club and has rejected a contract extension from Bordeaux.

The French giants are now prepared to cash in on their prized asset, but club president Jean-Louis Triaud admits that the player’s desire to move to English Premier League is limiting his options.

“He was offered an extension, but this did not seem to please him”, Triaud told French radio station Radio Monte Carlo.

“In order to consider his departure, it is necessary to have offers or contacts. He is thinking. He is on the lookout.

“His only potential choice is England and this limits the possibilities. In June he had an offer from Reading, he refused it, it makes sense.”

Yoan Gouffran joined Bordeaux in a €6.5 million deal from Caen and didn’t need a lot of time to establish himself as a first team regular at Stade Chaban-Delmas.

He has scored a total of 31 goals in 139 Ligue 1 appearances for les Girondins despite being rarely used as a centre forward.

Gouffran has been in fine form this term, netting 8 times in 19 Ligue 1 matches.

Ligue 1 side Bordeaux have revealed they are ready to listen to offers for star striker Yoan Gouffran.

Gouffran, 26, has set his sights on leaving les Girondins after spending last four and a half years at the club and has rejected a contract extension from Bordeaux.

The French giants are now prepared to cash in on their prized asset, but club president Jean-Louis Triaud admits that the player’s desire to move to English Premier League is limiting his options.

“He was offered an extension, but this did not seem to please him”, Triaud told French radio station Radio Monte Carlo.

“In order to consider his departure, it is necessary to have offers or contacts. He is thinking. He is on the lookout.

“His only potential choice is England and this limits the possibilities. In June he had an offer from Reading, he refused it, it makes sense.”

Yoan Gouffran joined Bordeaux in a €6.5 million deal from Caen and didn’t need a lot of time to establish himself as a first team regular at Stade Chaban-Delmas.

He has scored a total of 31 goals in 139 Ligue 1 appearances for les Girondins despite being rarely used as a centre forward.

Gouffran has been in fine form this term, netting 8 times in 19 Ligue 1 matches.

always like him even though he hasn´t lived up to the earlier hype. Wenger probably wants him?

Cheap, good age, doing well at the moment, can play on the wings and upfront.

Aside from the striker we are after (if it's not him that is), I would still sign this guy in addition anyway!

always like him even though he hasn´t lived up to the earlier hype. Wenger probably wants him?

What's his style of play like? Anyone you'd compare him to in the premier league? Would he link well with Cisse upfront do you think?

I'd say Graham's exactly the level that a club like us should have as backup to their main striker in order to be able to go in four competitions.

Of course the board have managed to convince a lot of people that unless they're purple, they're not worth a place in the squad (cos it'll bankrupt us) and that we should sign only one player who can manage to be first choice out wide and cover for Cisse at the same time.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8402704

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas claims that Bafetimbi Gomis has turned down the chance to leave the club this month.

Gomis has been strongly linked with a move in the winter transfer window, with Chelsea, Liverpool and Newcastle all said to be keen on the France international striker.

However, Aulas has now revealed that Gomis has turned down the chance to leave the club.

"We had offers for Gomis, but he refused," Lyon's president told BeIn Sport.

Gomis himself has reiterated that he is settled at Lyon.

"I want to finish the season here but the club also has their say, let's wait and see. Until the window closes there will be speculation," he told Sky Sports.

Would Graham want to be backup though? Thought that's why he wanted out of Swansea?

Things are a bit too quiet at the minute though. Quite nerve wracking

Some good news before this weekends game would be huge, particularly as it is a home one.

Give the fans some encouragement for goodness sake.

I'd say Graham's exactly the level that a club like us should have as backup to their main striker in order to be able to go in four competitions.

Of course the board have managed to convince a lot of people that unless they're purple, they're not worth a place in the squad (cos it'll bankrupt us) and that we should sign only one player who can manage to be first choice out wide and cover for Cisse at the same time.

Surely we'll be sniffing around this - 26 years old, striker/winger, pacy, can finish with both feet and he seems to be available at a decent price.  I don't know much about the guy but he sounds spot on!