NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I'm starting to wonder whether there's any truth to these Van Wolfswinkel rumors not only have 2 papers in Portugal reported on it but Voetbal International ‎are claiming we have interest too.....

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/234644/International-Van-Wolfswinkel-in-beeld-bij-diverse-clubs.htm

I think it's unlikely but also not unrealistic. The prices for players in January might be less expensive than the Summer when no doubt they will be inflated because of the new TV deal. Gouffran is more of a replacement for Best/Lovenkrands meaning Ba has still not been replaced. Whether MA agrees with this or opens his wallet yet again is another matter.

i keep hearing about Gouffran being a replacement for Best/Lovenkrands as if its a fact, why? because he is cheap and not as highly rated? Gouffran is the same time of player as Remy and would play wide of a front 3, he is more than likely the alternative option to Remy. If we had got Remy would people be saying he is the Best/Lovenkands replacement? very much doubt it

Have a feeling (based on fuck all really) that Gouffran will do better than expected. Someone mentioned the Ba signing before and it feels similar, ie 'he will be a good squad player but we need'.

The first few games it will be 'well you get what you pay for, £1.5m wasn't it!?' then he will get to grips and cause real problems.

Have a feeling (based on f*** all really) that Gouffran will do better than expected. Someone mentioned the Ba signing before and it feels similar, ie 'he will be a good squad player but we need'.

The first few games it will be 'well you get what you pay for, £1.5m wasn't it!?' then he will get to grips and cause real problems.

Aye i think so too, but he's no Ba which is why i think we will get a more high profile forward in the summer.

Prove me wrong Yoann but i don't think he's of that level, mind you i thought Ba would be crap so shows what i know :lol:

Mark Douglas tweeted something about Gouffran being it [the replacement].

gs ‏@gsowerby

@MsiDouglas mark in your opinion is Gouffran the new striker or can we expect another??

Mark Douglas Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas

@gsowerby Gouffran is the striker... Bit more on this in Journal tomorrow.

How the fuck can he expand more on it then that?

Guest ItalianMagpie

And that's when a release clause will pop out :lol:

gs ‏@gsowerby

@MsiDouglas mark in your opinion is Gouffran the new striker or can we expect another??

Pre-contract with someone?

gs ‏@gsowerby

Probably go on about who we 'targeted' and were offered etc.

Because Gouffran isn't a Ba level player, while Remy if you get the best out of him is.

Wether that's true or not the club obviously rate him and he appears to be the back up option to Remy so this Best/lovenkrands stuff is nonsense

As long as Gouffran is better than Shola I don't care. For £1,5m he can be Obertan for all I care. It's not a risk and we are much more comfortable in defence now where we really have been lacking genuine quality. I have no doubt that Cisse will be class and won't get injured. *KNOCKs ON WOOD*