NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

The club has to prepare for the possibility Ba will go, yeah he hasn't proved himself in holland but our scouts have done alright in picking players in other leagues who'll adapt. I'd be very happy for him to turn up, but would be surprised if we got him, heard of him as someone pretty much everyone was after.

They must read this forum, because quite a few of us would love to sign Guidetti as a 3rd choice.

Why would he want to come here as a third choice? He possibly wants to leave a bigger club than us because he's not first choice, and there are plenty of other clubs where he would be first choice (Feyenoord for example are desperate to have him stay on loan for another season).

With Ba and Cisse likely to be away at the African Cup of Nations in 2013 we need a new striker who isn't African.

:thup:

Yep. Mind you, I actually still think that Best is capable enough of doing a decent job in Ba and Cissé's absence but signing another striker this summer (someone like Jay Rodriguez/Jordan Rhodes) would be a very good plan.

Guest Heneage

Guidetti wouldn't come here as a backup.

Depends how you pitch it to him imo.

I still don't get why he signed a three year deal at Man City. I remember it being announced he was to join Twente and then all of a sudden has a change of heart. He's good, but he'll never get in the City side.