NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Just support a different club, easy. PSG or Man City perhaps.

Changing your team is akin to murdering a small rabbit, puppy or some similar cute creature with a lump hammer. Just wrong.

This.  Everybody knows you use a claw hammer for small animals.

Apparently Bony can play behind the striker as well as up on his own so we could in theory fit Aubameyang, Cisse, Bony, Ben Arfa, Sissoko and Cabaye in the same team and not be insanely imbalanced.

With that said i highly doubt we will get both of them.

:lol:

Laugh all you want but if we pressed properly it would be fine..... there's many teams with just as many attacking players but balance it out by being an organised cohesive unit with and without the ball.

If we don't press properly then we might as well forget about ever being solid as a unit anyway.

Not many teams play with 3 out and out strikers, a winger and two attacking midfielders. With good reason too, as they'd most likely get slaughtered more often than nothing. I understand the importance of pressing when not in possession, I just don't think that front 6 you've listed are particularly suited for it, apart from Cabaye.

That wasn't they only reason that suggestion made me snigger tbf. The chances of us getting Bony AND Aubameyang are slim to none, then add to that the chances of conservative Pardew to set us up so offensively and you're left with a "chance" of pretty much 0.

Apparently Bony can play behind the striker as well as up on his own so we could in theory fit Aubameyang, Cisse, Bony, Ben Arfa, Sissoko and Cabaye in the same team and not be insanely imbalanced.

With that said i highly doubt we will get both of them.

:lol:

Laugh all you want but if we pressed properly it would be fine..... there's many teams with just as many attacking players but balance it out by being an organised cohesive unit with and without the ball.

If we don't press properly then we might as well forget about ever being solid as a unit anyway.

Not many teams play with 3 out and out strikers, a winger and two attacking midfielders. With good reason too, as they'd most likely get slaughtered more often than nothing. I understand the importance of pressing when not in possession, I just don't think that front 6 you've listed are particularly suited for it, apart from Cabaye.

That wasn't they only reason that suggestion made me snigger tbf. The chances of us getting Bony AND Aubameyang are slim to none, then add to that the chances of conservative Pardew to set us up so offensively and you're left with a "chance" of pretty much 0.

I agree with that..... But Cabaye and Sissoko are not attacking midfielders.... one is a central midfielder and one is a box to box midfielder which is the usual combination for most 4-2-3-1s..... Aubameyang plays on the wing consistently so i wouldn't really call him an out and out striker even if he can play there.

I mentioned that Bony can play SS/AM so if thats the case then i see no reason why he couldn't play behind Cisse unless Whoscored/Transfermarkt are lying to me.

Its no more attacking than Dortmund's front 6 of Bender, Gundogan, Kuba, Gotze, Reus and Lewandowski.

I realise its highly unlikely we even signed one of them and under Pardew he would set them up in such a way to work.... which is why i hope the rumors of new coaches joining the backroom staff being true.

But i do believe if we did signed the both of them and some changes to the backroom staff was made we could have an effective and balanced line up.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-wilfried-bony-interest-1911175

Newcastle will step up their interest in £12million-rated Vitesse striker Wilfried Bony after a double transfer blow.

The 24-year-old Ivorian has scored 46 goals in 63 games for Vitesse and is an international team-mate of Cheick Tiote.

As the Magpies look ahead to next season, they have been priced out of their top two targets – Liverpool’s Andy Carroll, who looks set to stay at West Ham, and Saint-Etienne frontman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who is a target for wealthy Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala.

That has turned the spotlight back on Bony.

Newcastle’s problems have increased with uncertainty over veteran striker Shola Ameobi.

Championship sides Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday have expressed an interest and if Ameobi leaves, the Magpies will be left with just one striker – Papiss Cisse.

:undecided:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfers-wilfried-bony-interest-1911175

Newcastle will step up their interest in £12million-rated Vitesse striker Wilfried Bony after a double transfer blow.

The 24-year-old Ivorian has scored 46 goals in 63 games for Vitesse and is an international team-mate of Cheick Tiote.

As the Magpies look ahead to next season, they have been priced out of their top two targets – Liverpool’s Andy Carroll, who looks set to stay at West Ham, and Saint-Etienne frontman Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who is a target for wealthy Russian outfit Anzhi Makhachkala.

Newcastle’s problems have increased with uncertainty over veteran striker Shola Ameobi.

Championship sides Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday have expressed an interest and if Ameobi leaves, the Magpies will be left with just one striker – Papiss Cisse.

6.0ft...

Exactly what I was thinking... Can we really afford to loose shola? :undecided:

Oh god yes.

:lol: Our only tall striker? Never.

Guest Roger Kint

From the little i have seen i hope this is true.

Not 100% convinced, obviously youtube isnt a good source but the standard is largely woeful. Maybe Unbelievable will come in to tell me he is that good but im not sure really. PEA was the one i had hoped for as i made a habit of watching their games and he is what we need. Hopefully if true i will be wrong now.

Not 100% convinced, obviously youtube isnt a good source but the standard is largely woeful. Maybe Unbelievable will come in to tell me he is that good but im not sure really. PEA was the one i had hoped for as i made a habit of watching their games and he is what we need. Hopefully if true i will be wrong now.

Bony is far and away too good for this league, but I have my doubts if he's really cut out for the Premiership tbh. I have also been put off by the way his agents have been trying to engineer a move away non stop this past season. Seems a bit of a mercenary.

He has shown enough raw tools to suggest he could be a perfect fit for this league tbh, yes the league is of a poor standard.

But i wouldn't be turned away because of that for every Kezman and Alves there is a Van Persie and Suarez.

Guest Roger Kint

Bony is far and away too good for this league, but I have my doubts if he's really cut out for the Premiership tbh. I have also been put off by the way his agents have been trying to engineer a move away non stop this past season. Seems a bit of a mercenary.

Cheers, managed to prove all my worries in one post :lol: Just something about him doesnt fit for me tbh

Guest Roger Kint

He has shown enough raw tools to suggest he could be a perfect fit for this league tbh, yes the league is of a poor standard.

But i wouldn't be turned away because of that for every Kezman and Alves there is a Van Persie and Suarez.

True but van Bommel was a goalscorer this season :lol:

By contrast Albert Luque's YT vid looked like an amalgamation of Maradona and Cantona.

:lol: :thup:

Can honestly say I've never watched a potential signing on Youtube since. Utterly pointless.