NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

Being a loon is one of the necessities of being an NUFC fan...is it not?

:cheesy:

I think it is indeed a requirement. :lol:

I'm not sure what it says about us non-native fans. We actually chose to follow this club at one point. Epitome of loony. :lol:

Aye, i suppose there must a sliding scale of daftness and we patrol the top :lol:

I'm not sure what it says about us non-native fans. We actually chose to follow this club at one point. Epitome of loony. :lol:

Aye, i suppose there must a sliding scale of daftness and we patrol the top :lol:

I actually CHOSE this shit man  :yao: What the fuck was I thinking  :lol: Madness

Hey man i was 4 years old when i decided to support this team, i didn't know any better :lol:

Llambias has walked, I don't think anything is out of the question now.

No he hasnt, hes moved sideways.  why are people talking utter bollocks about all of this?  Lambazy is an accountant(effectively) and should never have been involved on the football side.  Its clear that the press are printing all sorts of made up junk over this, and some you sponges are just accepting it.  Be discerning for once in yer life!

He's resigned mate.

Am I the only one who would be happy with Bent.  With him and Cisse in the box, if we can have HBA on one wing and bring in another pacey winger with good delivery on the left I think we would be a massive threat going forward.

Guest Lalasialex

Am I the only one who would be happy with Bent.  With him and Cisse in the box, if we can have HBA on one wing and bring in another pacey winger with good delivery on the left I think we would be a massive threat going forward.

Agree, but...

Don't think we can have Ben Arfa and another pacey winger on the left! Will leave the two central midtfielders to much area to cover!

Cabaye, Tiote, Sissoko - do some magic and make them work together and let them shine:)!

Then we can send Haidara/Santon forward instead! Tiote always covering for the fullback going forward...

But Bent? Yes please - IF there is a plan about it..

Think it's been discussed before. You will have 2 similar strikers who can't work in tandem with a partner, won't have a good supply line, and neither of which will be happy sitting on the bench.

I sure hope we spend our budget more wisely.

Alan Pardew hands Joe Kinnear summer hit-list

by Mark Douglas, The JournalJun 20 2013Comments (23)

DEFIANT Alan Pardew presented Joe Kinnear with a hit-list of players who he wants to add to Newcastle United’s squad at their first meeting this week.

On a day when Derek Llambias quit as managing director – partly on a “point of principle” about Kinnear’s appointment, The Journal understands – Pardew broke his self-imposed silence to confirm he would not be resigning despite the controversial arrival of the former Wimbledon boss.

Despite spending the last few days assessing his position, he used his first contact with Kinnear to re-assert his belief that Newcastle need more experience.

The list is topped by Darren Bent, who the club have already approached Aston Villa to enquire about, and includes other British-based players.

In his new role Kinnear will be expected to present his recommendations to Mike Ashley, and Bent’s arrival is a serious possibility.

Pardew (right), along with Graham Carr, is waiting to see whether the changes at the top will spark a sea-change in the owner’s thinking on summer recruitment, which was set to be limited to one or two new arrivals.

The influential Kinnear has Ashley’s ear and the tone may be different.

A senior source at the club told The Journal that the chaos at the club has forced “everyone” to re-assess their positions, and Pardew has taken some counsel over the last few days.

He heard the Talksport interview that outraged United’s supporter base and privately admits that it may leave Yohan Cabaye unsettled about his future. But Pardew will definitely not resign.

Without being drawn on Kinnear’s appointment, he issued a single line quote confirming he was staying, but sources close to the manager have been much more bullish.

Pardew has told friends he does not want to add to the chaos by resigning and will not “let down” the club staff and players that he has worked with for nearly three years by jumping ship.

He also added that the prospect of a director of football was first mooted after the end of season summit that was held to assess the problems the club encountered last season – although Kinnear was not mentioned. His first meeting with Kinnear was said to be cordial, with the club’s new director of football much less strident than he has been in public.

He was prepared to listen and take advice from Pardew, and was not confrontational.

The manager is prepared to see how the appointment works out in practice, and as long as Kinnear does not attempt to have an influence over team selection or any other aspect of front-line management there is a feeling that it may work.

Kinnear has been asked to limit his public utterances, and did not give a Talksport interview that he was scheduled to give yesterday morning. Although uncertainty continues to cling to the club – and senior officials could not rule out more departures – there was more of a sense of calm among football staff.

However, it is anticipated that the first day of pre-season training will be a difficult one, with Ashley having visited uncertainty on the club by appointing one of his close allies in such a senior position.

It has certainly put the club’s existing staff on the back-foot and Llambias’ departure creates a vacancy for someone to work on the financial side of the football administration.

Financial director John Irving could step up but there may be a new appointment, who would be tasked with finding commercial deals to top those that Llambias managed to strike.

Just a day after putting his name to quotes welcoming Kinnear to the club, Llambias resigned yesterday morning.

It is understood that he had taken issue with the appointment of Kinnear.

“I have had an incredible journey during my five years at the club, including some challenging times. I will reflect with great fondness on my time in the North East and, in me, Newcastle United have a lifelong supporter,” he said in a club statement.

“I want to thank the staff for their hard work, our fans for their support of the club, and wish them all well for the future.”

Read more: Journal Live http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news//2013/06/20/alan-pardew-hands-joe-kinnear-summer-hit-list-61634-33499822/?campaign=Newcastle_email_journalliveemail:20130620#.UcLKnvYK20U.twitter#ixzz2WkNwK1Rk

Guest Lalasialex

Think it's been discussed before. You will have 2 similar strikers who can't work in tandem with a partner, won't have a good supply line, and neither of which will be happy sitting on the bench.

Ferdinand and Shearer worked well together... It could work, it all depends on AP to make the best out og all players... It could work, but faaaar from sure...

Ferdinand and Shearer worked well together... It could work, it all depends on AP to make the best out og all players... It could work, but faaaar from sure...

Bother were intelligent strikers but they also has incredible service from the wings.

Guest Roger Kint

Seriously comparing apples and oranges there. Cant see any way Cisse & Bent could work at all :lol:

2 strikers who knew there are options other than hoarding the shots for themselves, with great service from midfield and a manager who knew how to make things work.

Couldn't be more different from our current situation.

Guest bimpy474

We can buy who we like, if Pardew doesn't change his style of football it isn't going to matter.

*sigh*

Pardew is so clueless man, with all of the compatibility issues between Cisse and Ba, were set to go down the exact same route again.

I actually like Bent a lot, but this is clearly not going to fit our team. Only possible way is a diamond midfield setup with a playmaker in behind the two of them. That doesn't sound like Pardew at all. He ain't that sharp.

Darren Bent! past it english striker with his best years behind him. why not go for peter crouch whilst were at it. can't believe how fast this club is going backwards. typical league 1 pardew signing  :rant:

i  don't see many clubs lining up to sign him apart from hull which shows how much clue pardew has. just look at our squad and you can see a mile off which are pardews reccomendations eg, obertan & elliot  :sad:

We need a bloody striker who can bring other people into the game, it's so obvious it's scary. Darren Bent is probably one of the worst strikers at doing that. He's a goalscorer yes, but ask any Tottenham, Sunderland or Villa fan and they'll say he scored goals at the detriment to the overall play of their team.