NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Pardew said that Cabaye was his Quarterback so he might have just confused him giving him instructions for a totally different sport. It would also explain the drop in form of other players Krul (wicket keeper) Tiote (Scrum half) Barfa (pie eating) and Ranger (footballer)

:lol:

Pardew said that Cabaye was his Quarterback so he might have just confused him giving him instructions for a totally different sport. It would also explain the drop in form of other players Krul (wicket keeper) Tiote (Scrum half) Barfa (pie eating) and Ranger (footballer)

This is my bugbear. If you have both a quarterback and a defensive midfielder, then you have two players side by side in the centre, neither getting forward, albeit with different roles. It doesn't work very well.

Yes average , where would the 5th place team in the French League finish in England, Germany or Spain.

And my point is that I am just amazed at the knowledge of some people on here have on French football 

If you bet on football youll quickly find yourself watching all kinds of leagues.  Do it for long enough and youll find you know the leagues and players and start watching it even if theres no money on.

In his entire time here, not once has Pardew played him in the right way, and in the right system, with the right style to get the best out of him. The run we had playing 4-3-3 season before last was just about the only time it resembled anything suiting him.

He compensated by working his bollocks off because the way Pardew had/has us playing meant he would chase. As commendable as that is, i would much rather he was on the ball dictating the pace of a game, than chasing the ball around like a loon because of our managers ineptitude.

This might help.

Position                                                              Apps Goals Assists Rating

DMC (Defensive Midfielder - Centre)                      18      4      1      7.23

MC (Midfielder - Centre)                                        11      2      0      7.15

Sub (Substitute)                                                    3      0      0      5.99

AMC (Attacking Midfielder - Centre)                        2      0        1      6.68

MR (Midfielder - Right)                                          1      0        0    7.06

Newcastle Formations Last Season 

Formations:4231 (16)  442 (13)  451 (4)  433 (3)  4411 (2)  Last season

442 (26)  433 (4)  4411 (4)  451 (3) 41212 (1) Season Before

This is my bugbear. If you have both a quarterback and a defensive midfielder, then you have two players side by side in the centre, neither getting forward, albeit with different roles. It doesn't work very well.

Tiote should be pressingh higher up on the pitch. He gives ridicilous amount of silly and needless fouls and freekicks when he sits in front of CBs. Cabaye playing a bit deeper so he has time on the ball and can use his best attribute: passing. If he is higher up pressing the opp, he tires himself out in 60 minutes.

Tiote should be pressingh higher up on the pitch. He gives ridicilous amount of silly and needless fouls and freekicks when he sits in front of CBs. Cabaye playing a bit deeper so he has time on the ball and can use his best attribute: passing. If he is higher up pressing the opp, he tires himself out in 60 minutes.

I think if one player presses higher up the pitch, they all have to do it. And I don't fancy Cabaye as the deepest-lying midfield player, because defensively he's weak.

I'd be prepared to listen to offers for both. Our midfield is static and needs revamping. If we get decent enough fees, we ought to be able to put together a midfield that's a bit more dynamic down the centre.

Apparently we want £25m for Cabaye - just enough to buy Zouma and PEA.

£25m for the creative force behind a bottom five finish?

The words 'cloud' 'cuckoo' and 'land' spring to mind.

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. He's not worth that IMO, but if PSG or Monaco are willing to pay such an amount we should surely be fleecing them?

No idea why people hate it when we quote 25m for one of our key players. It's like we desperately want the guy to go and would gladly accept a transfer without much fight.

No idea why people hate it when we quote 25m for one of our key players. It's like we desperately want the guy to go and would gladly accept a transfer without much fight.

Who has said or implied they hate it when we (theoretically, because it's just the press speculating) such an amount?

Who has said or implied they hate it when we (theoretically, because it's just the press speculating) such an amount?

CG doesn't seem too happy.

CG doesn't seem too happy.

All he's doing is saying it's unlikely somebody will bid that much. How did you conclude he's unhappy if we ask for that much?

£25m for the Frances first choice CM? Makes sense.

France aren't very good though. It's the one thing I think of when people say NUFC should be good because we have a team full of French Internationals. France are about on par with England who also aren't very good.

Having said that, if we sell Cabaye I hope it's for as much money as possible so if it was for £25m then fine.

All he's doing is saying it's unlikely somebody will bid that much. How did you conclude he's unhappy if we ask for that much?

Fair enough if I read it the wrong way.

We should do everything to hold on to him in any case.