NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

We do buy what we need, we just don't always end up with them at exactly the right time. I do think we should get some credit for bringing all those signings forward to January though, although obviously we needed players the previous summer as well.

Personally dont buy this bringing signings forward to January, purely because they should have been done the summer before. It was patently clear we needed players then and the neglect shown imo was shocking.

By bringing them forward to January, they club are effectively admitting they had no intention of recruiting for a whole season excluding Anita, which is criminal when you think about it.

Not really no, just means we had no intention of signing Gouffran, Yanga-Mbiwa and Sissoko that season.  That doesnt mean we werent looking to sign other plays that summer with those three lined up for this summer, before bringing them forward to January.  Cost nearly £10m to get those three six months early BTW.

Would much rather have Maloney over Downing, can't see him costing anywhere near as much either (fee or wages).

Dis. Maloney is a good player and deserves a couple more seasons in the the top flight given his recovery from disappointing spells at other clubs. Really worked hard.

Or we could just get the right players in at the right time. Just a thought.

easier said than done, spurs last season up front, the mackems for years at left back, many clubs have weaknesses and are short here and there, because we don't focus on them as much we take it for granted they are ok.

I hate this idea that anyone over 28 is too old, as some have said Maloney would be a good signing even for only a couple of seasons. I know its totally a different level but Man Utd had no reservations spending a fortune on an older player.

I also think that Bent would be a good signing if the fees involved were reasonable.

I would love to see Sinclair here but £50,000 a week is very steep for a largely unproven player.

Kone aside, none of the Wigan players seem to waging wars against their contract hence their lack of movement.

True enough, haven't heard anything. Either they are hiding it well or they know their level. Thought McManaman would have been linked quite a lot, the wanker.

The premiership is so reliant on pace and fitness that 28 is actually quite old these days. I'd have little problem if we never bought anyone over 28 again, really. Obviously have players older than that, but as investments I think it's quite a sound strategy.

Give them their 6.2m back, offer him a reduced package on the 50k and Jonas' place and get him in, man.

6.2m? Sack that. He's definitely not kept his value. Anyway, no way we'll offer even half his current wage. Unless he's a surprisingly honourable footballer (lol) then he'll keep his wage and sit in the reserves, the wanker.

Give them their 6.2m back, offer him a reduced package on the 50k and Jonas' place and get him in, man.

6.2m? Sack that. He's definitely not kept his value. Anyway, no way we'll offer even half his current wage. Unless he's a surprisingly honourable footballer (lol) then he'll keep his wage and sit in the reserves, the w*****.

You reckon? I think we'd be surprised by what he'd go for. Obviously hope I'm wrong and we can get him for £4/5m (£2m). I think if someone like Everton are in for him they could offer him 35/40k a week if they have competition as they'd have him as a starter.

6.2m? Sack that. He's definitely not kept his value. Anyway, no way we'll offer even half his current wage. Unless he's a surprisingly honourable footballer (lol) then he'll keep his wage and sit in the reserves, the w*****.

Don't see why honour is relevant?

Guest bimpy474

Maloney is a nice clever footballer, shame about his age, i dont care about that but i think it rules him off any list we might have.

The premiership is so reliant on pace and fitness that 28 is actually quite old these days. I'd have little problem if we never bought anyone over 28 again, really. Obviously have players older than that, but as investments I think it's quite a sound strategy.

I would take real Rolls Royce signings like a Berbatov over that age limit. But generally, i'd stay away. I want us to sign players who will get better.

6.2m? Sack that. He's definitely not kept his value. Anyway, no way we'll offer even half his current wage. Unless he's a surprisingly honourable footballer (lol) then he'll keep his wage and sit in the reserves, the wanker.

Wouldn't say that like, I think their's every chance we could offer him a wage in the 30-40k range.  I mean I don't think we'd see him as some kind of average backup player like Simpson who isn't deserving of anything over 20k.

People giving the Berbatov example realise he cost £30m and a few seasons later he was allowed to leave for £4m. On our budget we obviously cannot afford to lose that much money according to Ashley. So even if Maloney cost about £4-5m we wouldn't get any of that back and therefore the club would never be interested in him.

People giving the Berbatov example realise he cost £30m and a few seasons later he was allowed to leave for £4m. On our budget we obviously cannot afford to lose that much money according to Ashley. So even if Maloney cost about £4-5m we wouldn't get any of that back and therefore the club would never be interested in him.

Could help us achieve a higher placed leauge finish which would pay for a decent part of the fee.

The problem with us is that we've been stung by these older more experienced players in the past. Someone like Maloney would be different, he would be coming from a relatively small club in the championship. I think he'd be hungry for success. But agree that our board will stay well away.

Or we could just get the right players in at the right time. Just a thought.

easier said than done, spurs last season up front, the mackems for years at left back, many clubs have weaknesses and are short here and there, because we don't focus on them as much we take it for granted they are ok.

We could (and should) have strengthened if we wanted to that summer, thats my point.