NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 18m

Would appear that Scott Sinclair has been offered to clubs including #nufc . Same situation as Downing offer really at this stage. #mcfc

Take the offer ffs.

Scott Sinclair willing to be 3rd choice winger?

If Pardew plays Cisse-Remy up-top (as he's wont to do), I imagine Sinclair would see the majority of starts at LW.

Yep if we buy a LW i really think we won't ever see 4-3-3, either going to see Remy and Cisse up top or a 4231 like the one he used against Rangers but with Sinclair and Remy instead of Jonas and Sissoko.

3-1 like or even HBA wide right and Remy playing behind Cisse:

Remy----HBA----Sinclair

----------Cisse------------

That's what i'm thinking yeah, the question will be will Pardew have the balls to drop Sissoko back alongside Cabaye and send Tiote into the crowd.

10 days to go before the start of the season, and we've still not bought anyone !!! One injured loanee who might very well get sent down in September. Fucking hell this summer.

10 days to go before the start of the season, and we've still not bought anyone !!! One injured loanee who might very well get sent down in September. Fucking hell this summer.

erm HELLO, joe has his backup transfer hitlist. SIMMER DOWN FFS, HE'S GOT THIS

Would appear that Scott Sinclair has been offered to clubs including #nufc . Same situation as Downing offer really at this stage. #mcfc

Take the offer ffs.

If Pardew plays Cisse-Remy up-top (as he's wont to do), I imagine Sinclair would see the majority of starts at LW.

Yep if we buy a LW i really think we won't ever see 4-3-3, either going to see Remy and Cisse up top or a 4231 like the one he used against Rangers but with Sinclair and Remy instead of Jonas and Sissoko.

Remy----HBA----Sinclair

That's what i'm thinking yeah, the question will be will Pardew have the balls to drop Sissoko back alongside Cabaye and send Tiote into the crowd.

Can't see it at all. I can see Tiote's immovable inclusion forcing another season of square-peg-round-hole-ing.

We need more players no doubt.  But we have actually brought in one quality striker, and him being a loanee makes absolutely no difference to his quality.  He can't be sent down in September either, get a grip man :lol:

Take the offer ffs.

Remy----HBA----Sinclair

Can't see it at all. I can see Tiote's immovable inclusion forcing another season of square-peg-round-hole-ing.

Honestly - if we sign Sinclair, there's absolutely no way he will drop Cabaye, and there's also no way he will drop Sissoko (imo). He HAS to have HBA out there now, including Cisse and Remy. Signing a wide player is essential - one capable of goals and adding pace will probably signal Tiote and Jonas permanently to the bench.

He loves himself some Tiote and Jonas, I know - but a Scott Sinclair, HBA, and Remy will be our 3 behind Cisse, but also offering a bit of dynamic to it allowing Remy to push up next to Cisse and Sinclair and HBA playing wings as we know AP loves his 4-4-2.

Now is Cabaye & Sissoko as a CM pairing what might actually work, that's been up for discussion for ages - but its potentially our best front 6 (from an attacking perspective)

The premiership is so reliant on pace and fitness that 28 is actually quite old these days. I'd have little problem if we never bought anyone over 28 again, really. Obviously have players older than that, but as investments I think it's quite a sound strategy.

I would take real Rolls Royce signings like a Berbatov over that age limit. But generally, i'd stay away. I want us to sign players who will get better.

The problem is that the players we sign never seem to get better, most clearly get worse, in fact it's difficult to think of any player recently who has improved. Maybe Ba? Our coaching as a team and for players individually is appalling. Still most of them are now so s*** that nobody wants to buy them, that's the upside.

Hard to think of one player who has improved under Pardew's tenure.

Most have gone backwards and the only one that in any way showed some improvement was Perch, and only then when played in midfield. Tiote, Cabaye, Sissoko, Cisse, to name but 4, are all arguably worse players now than they were in the early days with the club.

This will continue to be the case as long as he is manager in my view.

Guest bimpy474

He has a St Etienne shirt on in the picture  :lol:

We were apparently interested but he opted for St Etienne instead of a couple of english clubs

It's the desperation, seeing hope :lol:

He has a St Etienne shirt on in the picture  :lol:

We were apparently interested but he opted for St Etienne instead of a couple of english clubs

It's the desperation, seeing hope :lol:

I know the feeling all too well  :lol:

But he would have been a good signing.

So we're one week before the opening weekend and we've brought in one player on loan. Remy is obviously talented but he'll have taken no part whatsoever in the friendly matches and very little part in our six week pre-season programme. Anyone else we sign now won't even have that.

Great work guys, great work. Guess we'll have saved on wages which is the most important thing.

So we're one week before the opening weekend and we've brought in one player on loan. Remy is obviously talented but he'll have taken no part whatsoever in the friendly matches and very little part in our six week pre-season programme. Anyone else we sign now won't even have that.

Great work guys, great work. Guess we'll have saved on wages which is the most important thing.

It's one of the worst transfer windows in my time following the club yet nobody seems arsed. This has become the norm and we all lap it up as usual.