NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Pardew had Sinclair at Charlton on loan. He made a couple of sub appearances and went back to Chelsea because he wasn't getting any minutes.

Yeah 5 years ago, pretty sure there won't be a grudge :lol:

Can someone post the article? My internet is being s**** and won't load new pages.

Newcastle United are preparing to beat West Bromwich Albion to Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair with a £5 million bid.

Sinclair looked certain to go to Albion this week on a season-long loan at The Hawthorns.

But the former Swansea winger wants a permanent move - and the Baggies can only offer him a loan.

That could now let in Newcastle boss Alan Pardew, who is monitoring the situation.

Manchester City want to recoup the £6m they paid Swansea for Sinclair last year.

But they could be prepared to negotiate if it means getting the player off their books.

Southampton are also interested in Sinclair, to leave Albion sweating on the deal.

Sinclair’s move to Albion seemed a formality.

But now he is prepared to wait until the end of the transfer window to get the deal he wants.

Sinclair made just two Premier League starts for City last season and sees no future there now.

But he has three years left on a bumper contract and will not be rushed into making a decision.

Albion plan talks with Sinclair this weekend to try and make sure their deal does not fall through.

But it is another delay to Baggies boss Steve Clarke’s plans.

He wants to bring in Salomon Kalou from Lille but the former Chelsea star is not sure he wants to leave France with the World Cup coming up next year.

I'm fairly sure that bit is bollocks given that he doesn't even play for France.

Where does it say he does?

Wasn't it SDN who rubbished the Sinclair rumours in the first place when Sky Bet suspended betting?

http://www.themag.co.uk/the-mag-articles/newcastle-united-dismiss-talk-of-scott-sinclair-transfer-via-mike-ashleys-news-service/

Thought it was. Jokers! Exclusively deny any interest... then exclusively reveal we are lining up a bid  :lol:

They wrote a story denying that Sinclair was on the verge of signing for Newcastle at the time AFAIR.  Doesn't mean they can't then write a story about an interest in the player.  The two stories don't conflict at all so I don't see the problem. ???

I reckon this one is a goer. Pardew already mentioned him by name recently and JFK said we would be looking to bring in a winger in his famously sober interview.

When?

In a newspaper interview when he was talking about how Sinclair had improved using the loan system. It was an article about British footballers not getting as much opportunity due to the influx of foreigners.

Guest Phil K

West Brom are quite openly signing THEY are confident of signing the lad

Not sure how other clubs work but if they are anything like us that means nothing.

Thats true, of course.

Although I think we seem worse than any

I reckon this one is a goer. Pardew already mentioned him by name recently and JFK said we would be looking to bring in a winger in his famously sober interview.

When?

In a newspaper interview when he was talking about how Sinclair had improved using the loan system. It was an article about British footballers not getting as much opportunity due to the influx of foreigners.

I'm sure that was the sports direct site too. Very strange for him to mention him.

[quote author=Nobody link=topic=91363.msg4558788#msg4558788 date=1375977857

Can someone post the article? My internet is being s**** and won't load new pages.

Newcastle United are preparing to beat West Bromwich Albion to Manchester City winger Scott Sinclair with a £5 million bid.

Sinclair looked certain to go to Albion this week on a season-long loan at The Hawthorns.

But the former Swansea winger wants a permanent move - and the Baggies can only offer him a loan.

That could now let in Newcastle boss Alan Pardew, who is monitoring the situation.

Manchester City want to recoup the £6m they paid Swansea for Sinclair last year.

But they could be prepared to negotiate if it means getting the player off their books.

Southampton are also interested in Sinclair, to leave Albion sweating on the deal.

But now he is prepared to wait until the end of the transfer window to get the deal he wants.

Sinclair made just two Premier League starts for City last season and sees no future there now.

But he has three years left on a bumper contract and will not be rushed into making a decision.

Albion plan talks with Sinclair this weekend to try and make sure their deal does not fall through.

He wants to bring in Salomon Kalou from Lille but the former Chelsea star is not sure he wants to leave France with the World Cup coming up next year.

As in he doesn't want to switch leagues and clubs in a world cup year. Leaving a club he's settled at for the unknown etc possibly affecting his place.

Edit:Fuck trying to quote using a tablet.

Sinclair has more PL experience, more so than Ince obviously, and looked good too. He'd be cheaper but cost more in wages. Less of a gamble but I do like a flutter.

If this is true and Mike goes for the safe bet I'd like him to take a gamble on Rhodes. If it took Lambert years to play for England this kid is well ahead of him with a very good goal record.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

[quote author=Nobody link=topic=91363.msg4558788#msg4558788 date=1375977857

As in he doesn't want to switch leagues and clubs in a world cup year. Leaving a club he's settled at for the unknown etc possibly affecting his place.

Edit:f*** trying to quote using a tablet.

Cowies?

Sinclair has more PL experience, more so than Ince obviously, and looked good too. He'd be cheaper but cost more in wages. Less of a gamble but I do like a flutter.

If this is true and Mike goes for the safe bet I'd like him to take a gamble on Rhodes. If it took Lambert years to play for England this kid is well ahead of him with a very good goal record.

Agh the same Rhodes who plays for Scotland. 4 year wait isn't it? ;)

Those who have seen Sinclair, what's he like on end product? I see someone mentioned he's fast and tricky, but wingers need some intelligence as well. Goals would be nice as well.

Those who have seen Sinclair, what's he like on end product? I see someone mentioned he's fast and tricky, but wingers need some intelligence as well. Goals would be nice as well.

8 in 38 for Swansea in the league before his move suggests he knows where the net it.

I reckon Rhodes would cost at least £10m, probably more.

Yes but look at it this way. Put him on a contract say 40k over 6 years and include the transfer fee. Then look at Bent at say 4m on mega bucks for say 3 years no resale fee and work out how much per year each costs.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 18m

Would appear that Scott Sinclair has been offered to clubs including #nufc . Same situation as Downing offer really at this stage. #mcfc

Take the offer ffs.

Scott Sinclair willing to be 3rd choice winger?