NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

`Kinnear did say we were in for the same players as a couple of clubs. Maybe Marseille are who he meant. `

You used to jump over Assumption Falls as a kid didnt you?

`one giant leap for alexf, one small step for gnomic kind`

:serious:

`Kinnear did say we were in for the same players as a couple of clubs. Maybe Marseille are who he meant. `

:lol: :lol:

Alderweireld ruled out going to a club that wasn't going to play in Europe a couple of months ago. Was a fair few quotes on that, so I'd be surprised if he came here

He wouldn't be the first one to say that and still end up at a club without European football.

Alderweireld ruled out going to a club that wasn't going to play in Europe a couple of months ago. Was a fair few quotes on that, so I'd be surprised if he came here

He wouldn't be the first one to say that and still end up at a club without European football.

Agreed, but if he seemed pretty adamant, and Ajax has CL themselves. Don't know of his contract situation, or if Ajax wants to cash in though.

Agreed, but if he seemed pretty adamant, and Ajax has CL themselves. Don't know of his contract situation, or if Ajax wants to cash in though.

1 year left unsurprisingly.

1 year left unsurprisingly.

Bet he took french at school. Or went to Morocco on a family holiday as a bairn.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/pressure-growing-joe-kinnear-seal-5716373

JFK believes? He still doesn't know?

The Journal understands that Kinnear believes he was given a transfer fund of around £20m to spend by Mike Ashley – and the club want a striker and wide man to add to the acquisition of Loic Remy and complete their squad.

But he has been unable to make progress in a number of deals proposed over the summer – and their struggles have prompted United’s director of football to receive calls from a number of agents pitching potential forward options.

Newcastle’s modus operandi is not to sign players without a dossier of scouting work behind them and the likelihood is they will stick to a first-choice list that was compiled before Kinnear’s arrival.

United are understood to be monitoring the situation of Florian Thauvin, who is rumoured to be available despite signing for Lille in January.

Newcastle made two bids for the France under-20 striker at the turn of the year before he signed for Bastia.

The move for Bafetimbi Gomis has been torpedoed by the complications of agents’ demands, while Darren Bent has been asked to take a pay cut and a two-year contract to complete his move to Newcastle. The England striker

continues to wait for alternative options, with Crystal Palace linked over the last 48 hours.

Another name explored by Kinnear – Braga striker Eder – has hit a roadblock because the player will be missing until the start of October with a serious ligament problem.

There is no truth at all in talk of a move for Genk striker Jelle Vossen, the prolific Belgium international.

Wouldn't we actually have to bid for Bent too? :lol:

Did we meet Bastia's valuation of Thauvin (I can't remember), hard to imagine we'll suddenly want to pay an extra £5m on top of that based on a few extra good games.

Mark Douglas not happy with GFN France saying his comment on Thauvin was guesswork:

Mark Douglas ‏@MsiDouglas 2h

@davidpick1987 @GFN_France Guesswork? I'd be very careful about throwing around phrases like that GFN France. Very careful.

http://file030b.bebo.com/4/large/2007/05/31/14/808104076a4543996315b355061978l.jpg

:lol:

I've just come to the conclusion and acceptance that we'll sign nobody, I mean its pretty much the norm for the summer anyway isn't it.

Good to se old JFK is coming through after shooting his mouth off in live radio bigging himself up :lol: Jesus wept

I've just come to the conclusion and acceptance that we'll sign nobody, I mean its pretty much the norm for the summer anyway isn't it.

Good to se old JFK is coming through after shooting his mouth off in live radio bigging himself up :lol: Jesus wept

Me too. Would be surprised if we get anyone else now.

Just f***ing stick a bid in for Thauvin Joe you crazy f***er!

Agreed ! Remy and Thauvin i'd be happy with. Would give us all a much needed lift signing someone young exciting quick and skilful like Thauvin !

At the moment our only two really creative players from out wide will be HBA and Remy.  If one of those are injured then we are really going to struggle to create anything yet AGAIN this season !

If not Thauvin then Scott Sinclair for £6m or similar player would be a very decent signing for us. Can't see us paying his £60k a week wages though.

Just watched Thauvin again on youtube looks like a hell of a prospect ! F*ck it spunk the lot all £20m on Thauvin Joe !!! Just get him here !!!