NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

We're selling Cabaye?

Not yet, We're putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 though.

Let us know what's happening, oh wise one. :lol:

Neebody's got a fucking clue cos we're being run by an unpredictable fucking pleb. Pardew seems to think there's a decent chance though by the sounds of it.

Cabaye is so ineffective in our side I wouldn't be that cut up like, although obviously disappointed. I don't think he's quite the top midfielder he's made out to be; if he was, he'd shine through, even in our turgid set-up.

Doesn't matter who replaces him, attacking midfielder or whatever, they'll be shoulder to shoulder with Steven Taylor every week in any case.

I think you're underestimating how important it is for players to be used in a correct set up.

Xavi wasn't the Xavi we know today until Guardiola moved him forward and built the team around him.

Doesn't matter how good you are if the manager is a clueless nutjob you will struggle.

Which is why Keegan was always a lot better tactically than given credit for, say what you want about him but he always got the best out of his players and gave them the freedom to excel.

Anyway Cabaye is a funny case, i get the feeling neutrals rate him higher than we do.

Cabaye is so ineffective in our side I wouldn't be that cut up like, although obviously disappointed. I don't think he's quite the top midfielder he's made out to be; if he was, he'd shine through, even in our turgid set-up.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

We're selling Cabaye?

Not yet, We're putting 2 and 2 together to make 5 though.

Let us know what's happening, oh wise one. :lol:

Neebody's got a fucking clue cos we're being run by an unpredictable fucking pleb. Pardew seems to think there's a decent chance though by the sounds of it.

Well if you were suspicious you would think we are signing Fernandes to replace Cabaye, us not really needing a CM right now. Sorting out our replacement for Cabaye before we sell him.

While possible, like fuck we would sort out a replacement first  :yao:

Selling Cabaye or not, Fernandes is a good player and for £3m (if true) he would be an absolute steal.

IF we let Cabaye go, we should go with an Ajax replacement and move them up in the whole and put Sissoko back where he belongs.

I'm going to guess he means buy Christian Eriksen and put him behind the striker and move Sissoko back to a more defensive role.

Doesn't matter who replaces him, attacking midfielder or whatever, they'll be shoulder to shoulder with Steven Taylor every week in any case.

I think you're underestimating how important it is for players to be used in a correct set up.

Xavi wasn't the Xavi we know today until Guardiola moved him forward and built the team around him.

Doesn't matter how good you are if the manager is a clueless nutjob you will struggle.

Which is why Keegan was always a lot better tactically than given credit for, say what you want about him but he always got the best out of his players and gave them the freedom to excel.

Anyway Cabaye is a funny case, i get the feeling neutrals rate him higher than we do.

By neutrals you would mean teams that are set up to play passing football. Pardew would like to think that he can do the same but he doesn't know how to make it work. I still don't know if Cabaye is suited to the Premier, hard to tell until I see him playing for a  different manager. In any case, as long as Pards is here, his effectiveness is going to be limited, so if we get good money I'm not that fussed.

I think we're set for attack minded central midfielders tbh. I don't want an out and out DM but someone who can put in a lot of work, not go missing and can be relied upon to get back when needed. McCarthy would be great but I couldn't see us paying what Wigan would want.

Rumours over in Belgium that we've matched Spartak Moscow's 5m bid for Alderweireld.

Would be the classic go for a player because he's available despite not being necessarily what we need move.

He any good? Wouldn't recognise him if he was stood infront of me?

It was in our press y'day btw - http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/421826/Newcastle-United-only-contenders-for-Liverpool-and-Spurs-target-Toby-Alderweireld

Guest icemanblue

Rumours over in Belgium that we've matched Spartak Moscow's 5m bid for Alderweireld.

Would be the classic go for a player because he's available despite not being necessarily what we need move.

He any good? Wouldn't recognise him if he was stood infront of me?

We do need another centre half, like.

Guest bimpy474

He's a quality centre half, rated as high as vertonghen, I can't see him wanting to come to us.

Like Mapou?

We had the attraction of Euro footy, now we have the attraction of "thank god we aren't in Europe".

Guest bimpy474

Taylor and Colo are the current first choice pairing IMO. Can't argue too much, even though I'd be excited to see Yanga-Mbiwa and Colo form a partnership.

Ron aint gonna like this :lol: