Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 15/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 42

Mike

Guest neesy111

interesting analysis piece on MotD2 about how we didn't really try to get beyond their midfiled and how they could press because of it till ben arfa came on. many on here have been saying similar for much of the season.

Thought we were far too deep 1st 20 mins which ended with us spraying aimless long balls.

Still don't understand why people go to the match if they're just going to sit there like silent statues, going with the motions.

Supposed to be passionate football supporters but half of the stadium can't wait until 41 mins to fuck off for a pie and a pint.

Load of shit.

Still don't understand why people go to the match if they're just going to sit there like silent statues, going with the motions.

Supposed to be passionate football supporters but half of the stadium can't wait until 41 mins to f*** off for a pie and a pint.

Load of s***.

I agree 100%. You go to the match to watch football, not to fuck off and get a pie. Thats what half time is for.

But as far as the atmosphere goes, it was an early Sunday kick off in the freezing cold, where the game was extremely poor. Without a dedicated singing section we are always susceptible to shit atmospheres if the conditions are right. 

MOTD seemed to make a half hearted attempt to portray us as a team sufffering a bit of a wobble or slide.

4 wins out of 5 and 100% record in 2012 may have blown the "new" myth.

BTW thought the QPR fans were very good, not great numbers but for a 1.30 pm Sunday televised game decent enough. There was an older fella, quite tall with a walking stick and blue and white hat and scarf walking up to Gallowgate having a good go at anyone within earshot and even doing his best to mimic a Geordie accent at times. He was loving it. Great stuff.

I got there late yesterday because my train was 35mins late and there were still people happily buying food and drink and just watching the game on the monitors. Seems weird to me.

There's some folk who seem to just sit and watch most of the game in the concourse. I mean, wtf.

I understand people leaving on 89 mins to catch a bus back to fucking Ashington or some shithole, but people leaving before half time to stuff their faces and drink piss-water really narks me.

I don't expect everyone at the match to be bouncing off the walls and cheering for a full 90 mins, but unless you've got a debilitating throat condition, it costs you nowt to be vocal and positive.

Should be a sections for the encouraging supporters and a fucking paddock for the sour-faced cunts high in the heavens.

Guest neesy111

Supposed to be passionate football supporters but half of the stadium can't wait until 41 mins to fuck off for a pie and a pint.

Load of shit.

Correct.  I feel like a right twat when there's only 2 to 3 of us singing where I'm sitting.

Guest neesy111

I understand people leaving on 89 mins to catch a bus back to fucking Ashington or some shithole, but people leaving before half time to stuff their faces and drink piss-water really narks me.

I don't expect everyone at the match to be bouncing off the walls and cheering for a full 90 mins, but unless you've got a debilitating throat condition, it costs you nowt to be vocal and positive.

Should be a sections for the encouraging supporters and a fucking paddock for the sour-faced cunts high in the heavens.

Does the Leazes end actually bother singing anymore, hardly a peep from them at home games.

I understand people leaving on 89 mins to catch a bus back to f***ing Ashington or some shithole, but people leaving before half time to stuff their faces and drink p*ss-water really narks me.

Should be a sections for the encouraging supporters and a f***ing paddock for the sour-faced c***s high in the heavens.

Does the Leazes end actually bother singing anymore, hardly a peep from them at home games.

There is only a couple of hundred left standing.

I got there late yesterday because my train was 35mins late and there were still people happily buying food and drink and just watching the game on the monitors. Seems weird to me.

Games like this one are more about the day out than they are about willing your team on to get 3 pts to some people. Can't expect everyone who goes to be fully immersed in the support and the league table.

Games like this one are more about the day out than they are about willing your team on to get 3 pts to some people. Can't expect everyone who goes to be fully immersed in the support and the league table.

http://i42.tinypic.com/dc5zfb.jpg

:lol: What? You pay your money to watch the match, if you don't want to be fully immersed, it was on the tele, and im sure it can form your background noise as you nibble on your sunday roast.

There was a sour looking  lady near me, must have been in her 40's, wearing a leopard print scarf and a face like she'd just had a paper cut across both eyelids.

A young lad started chanting directly behind her, she turned round, looked him up and down and shook her head in disgust.

He told her to fuck off, and she went and got a tea and king size mars bar at half time and squeezed it inside her mouth.

Load of shit.

Amen.

Was sat in the Gallowgate yesterday and a group of 5 came 10 minutes late in the first half, left 10 minutes before half time then came back 10 minutes late for the second half and then left 10 minutes before the end again!