Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 15/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 42

Mike

The crowd was flat because of the team that was picked - no flair and no HBA. The only thing I would say in Pards defence is that he made the right sub when Cabaye was injured and I think we need to play 433 to suit HBA and we had our best spell with this formation.

One of those days where we'll remember the goal and be grateful for three points.

I'll get slagged for this but based on our performances this season god knows how we are 6th. It probably says a lot about the average quality of the Premier League this season and while I won't complain about being 6th, we could be doing arguably even better if we were to perform that bit better in games. Our tactics and team selections are often all wrong. We are fortunate that we have extremely good players in key positions who can contribute whatever the weather if you like and that we have this seemingly fantastic team spirit because based on several performances this season, we'd be screwed without them. We were as poor as QPR today if not moreso despite being 7th in the table, with better players and being at home. We are due a f*** up or two if we do not drastically change the way we play and start putting out a better XI.

Don't think you should get slagged for that, it is hard to argue that we have always bossed the games we have won. But every year the top teams in this league win games when they aren't playing too well and they aren't bossing the game. I would also say that frequently you will get tough games against lower placed teams in the league who are fighting for their lives and, to coin a phrase, are "up for it". We were faced with an "up for it" team today but got the result. Let's not forget that only a few days ago we deservedly beat the reigning Premier League champions (and Champions League finalists). On balance I think we are where we are in the league on merit. 

I'll get slagged for this but based on our performances this season god knows how we are 6th. It probably says a lot about the average quality of the Premier League this season and while I won't complain about being 6th, we could be doing arguably even better if we were to perform that bit better in games. Our tactics and team selections are often all wrong. We are fortunate that we have extremely good players in key positions who can contribute whatever the weather if you like and that we have this seemingly fantastic team spirit because based on several performances this season, we'd be screwed without them. We were as poor as QPR today if not moreso despite being 7th in the table, with better players and being at home. We are due a f*** up or two if we do not drastically change the way we play and start putting out a better XI.

Don't think you should get slagged for that, it is hard to argue that we have always bossed the games we have won. But every year the top teams in this league win games when they aren't playing too well and they aren't bossing the game. I would also say that frequently you will get tough games against lower placed teams in the league who are fighting for their lives and, to coin a phrase, are "up for it". We were faced with an "up for it" team today but got the result. Let's not forget that only a few days ago we deservedly beat the reigning Premier League champions (and Champions League finalists). On balance I think we where we are in the league on merit. 

agree with both of those posts. we've not played particularly well for stretches this season but when top teams get results despite their performances it is seen as the mark of a successful side. if we can put in professional performances and get results despite not dazzling against the lesser teams, and try and raise our game for one-off matches against the big boys we'll continue to challenge the likes of Liverpool and keep clear of Stoke.

Obviously i'd like to see an improvement in how we play but I doubt it's going to happen with Tiote and Ba away. for the short-term we have to get by in difficult circumstances.

first post since FT as I've been driving back to Stoke and then chatting to my new French housemate who has a cracking arse.

Happy with the 3 points, but lacklustre performance.  Shola was utterly abysmal.  Absolutely no movement and no effort, a striker this January is a must IMO.  Santon was superb, loved his attacking side, but also coped defensively.  Thought Guthrie did well in the middle.  Fucking horrible tackle by that clogger Derry on Yohan (QPR were just a team of cloggers pretty much, their fouls showed that).  However, utterly bamboozling selections by the Pardy man with regards to our midfield when Yohan went off.  Gosling's sat on the bench, yet he throws Perchy on.

Again, chuffed with the win, but I'm a bit wary of going down to Fulham next week.  We need to up our game.

first post since FT as I've been driving back to Stoke and then chatting to my new French housemate who has a cracking arse.

Happy with the 3 points, but lacklustre performance.  Shola was utterly abysmal.  Absolutely no movement and no effort, a striker this January is a must IMO.  Santon was superb, loved his attacking side, but also coped defensively.  Thought Guthrie did well in the middle.  Fucking horrible tackle by that clogger Derry on Yohan (QPR were just a team of cloggers pretty much, their fouls showed that).  However, utterly bamboozling selections by the Pardy man with regards to our midfield when Yohan went off.  Gosling's sat on the bench, yet he throws Perchy on.

Again, chuffed with the win, but I'm a bit wary of going down to Fulham next week.  We need to up our game.

Pics please.

Happy with the 3 points, but lacklustre performance.  Shola was utterly abysmal.  Absolutely no movement and no effort, a striker this January is a must IMO.  Santon was superb, loved his attacking side, but also coped defensively.  Thought Guthrie did well in the middle.  f***ing horrible tackle by that clogger Derry on Yohan (QPR were just a team of cloggers pretty much, their fouls showed that).  However, utterly bamboozling selections by the Pardy man with regards to our midfield when Yohan went off.  Gosling's sat on the bench, yet he throws Perchy on.

Pics please.

In time.  Known her all of 20 minutes!

Guest bimpy474

Pics please.

And what is the lovely fella's name too.

One thing that annoyed me quite a few times was when we had controll of the ball at the end of the game and just passed it around for a while before we passed it back to Krul when we didn't have to and he made the long ball and QPR then got possession like a christmas card.

Guest bimpy474

I'd be interested to know QPR's foul and yellow card stats prior to this game, then including it. Dirty bastards; typical Mark Hughes.

I remember the Henchoz sending off for pulling Martins down by the front and back of his shirt, Hughes reckoned it wasn't even a foul, feckin hate the bloke.

Guest neesy111

I'd be interested to know QPR's foul and yellow card stats prior to this game, then including it. Dirty bastards; typical Mark Hughes.

I remember the Henchoz sending off for pulling Martins down by the front and back of his shirt, Hughes reckoned it wasn't even a foul, feckin hate the bloke.

Was a disgrace when he was a player. 

One thing that annoyed me quite a few times was when we had controll of the ball at the end of the game and just passed it around for a while before we passed it back to Krul when we didn't have to and he made the long ball and QPR then got possession like a christmas card.

Krul's kicking is very poor, like. Needs a lot of work.

I agree with this, glad though that this part is his weakest point as a keeper. Still don't understand why we kept passing it back to Krul when we didn't have to. I hate hoof balls without a thought behind, if you cant make the long ball with quality don't try it if there's another simple option available.

The last part was aimed at some outfield players and not Krul specifically.

Before today they had 27 yellow cards and 3 red cards.

They picked up 4 bookings today.

Very poor is harsh. It's not that bad. Let's focus on the fact he's a class act when it comes to the important GK attributes.

There were hardly any away fans in Sam Jacks, so this random New Zealander got up to do the away day challenge.

He drank all four pints, vomitted in the last glass, then necked the vomit!

:kasper:

:lol:

Bloody hell :lol:

I agree with this, glad though that this part is his weakest point as a keeper. Still don't understand why we kept passing it back to Krul when we didn't have to. I hate hoof balls without a thought behind, if you cant make the long ball with quality don't try it if there's another simple option available.

The last part was aimed at some outfield players and not Krul specifically.

:thup:

Our movement off the ball was parp today, even when we had the ball for decent spells we invariably passed it back to Krul who had no option but to punt it long under pressure.

Was a disgrace when he was a player. 

My dad just said he broke Beardsley's cheekbone years ago and he said it was deliberate. Beardsley threatened to take him to court apparently.

The crowd was flat because of the team that was picked - no flair and no HBA. The only thing I would say in Pards defence is that he made the right sub when Cabaye was injured and I think we need to play 433 to suit HBA and we had our best spell with this formation.

One of those days where we'll remember the goal and be grateful for three points.

thought it was flat cos it was an early sunday game tbh.

ray wilkins gave the worse commentary I think Ive ever heard for a Match.

edit... End Of

There were hardly any away fans in Sam Jacks, so this random New Zealander got up to do the away day challenge.

He drank all four pints, vomitted in the last glass, then necked the vomit!

:kasper:

:lol:

'Yeah bro, that wiz me. Really Regriting now though, ow. Eurgh!'

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCwItEj4jsN84Htr6687E2X82dXDEQ0b9zO15-e84Ia4o2GjkKyQ