Newcastle United 1 - 0 QPR - 15/01/12 - Post-match reaction from page 42

Mike

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can only a recall a couple of chances for QPR. One coming from an awful Ryan Taylor clearence, the other from Guthrie being dispossessed about forty yards from goal. First twenty minutes we were there for the taking and Bothroyd only troubled the fans sitting behind the goal.

Guest michaelfoster

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can only a recall a couple of chances for QPR. One coming from an awful Ryan Taylor clearence, the other from Guthrie being dispossessed about forty yards from goal. First twenty minutes we were there for the taking and Bothroyd only troubled the fans sitting behind the goal.

Ben Arfa gave one away where it clipped the post on its way out, SWP hit the top of the bar, the early shot by Helgusson & the shot that Krul parried and Colo was tackled when he tried to take it away where it went for a GK.

If QPR had a decent striker who could score we could of easily drawn/lost today

Ben Arfa gave one away where it clipped the post on its way out, SWP hit the top of the bar, the early shot by Helgusson

I was referring about the first twenty minutes, but aye a better forward than Bothroyd probably would of punished us.

However, utterly bamboozling selections by the Pardy man with regards to our midfield when Yohan went off.  Gosling's sat on the bench, yet he throws Perchy on.

You say that, yet every time we've hoyed Perch on in CM for the last ~15 minutes, we've never looked worse, or severly under pressure as a result. He's a liability as a defender but for me, he's fairly useful to chuck in there to see the game out.

However, utterly bamboozling selections by the Pardy man with regards to our midfield when Yohan went off.  Gosling's sat on the bench, yet he throws Perchy on.

You say that, yet every time we've hoyed Perch on in CM for the last ~15 minutes, we've never looked worse, or severly under pressure as a result. He's a liability as a defender but for me, he's fairly useful to chuck in there to see the game out.

just seems bizarre when you've got a natural centre mid sat on the bench.  I do agree Perchy's done little wrong.

Completely agree, not long ago it would have been "what the fuck!? Ah for fuck sake man!" but it doesn't even register any more.

I think there is a decent player in Perch, unfortunately he is a 'sliding doors'* player, where if he was a second earlier in everything he did he would be pretty good. Unfortunately he is the second version of him which makes most tackles mistimed.

*Just made that up, not even seen the film but from what I understand it's about someones life and how it would have all been different if they got on a train a bit earlier or something, isn't it?

just seems bizarre when you've got a natural centre mid sat on the bench.  I do agree Perchy's done little wrong.

It does seem bizarre, but it's worked areet for us a few times now and provided he's coming on in midfield, I'm not at all fussed about seeing Perch come on.