Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 21/01/12 Pre-match.

wormy

it's those forward passes we miss without Cabaye, Guthrie is capable but needs to make sure he's passing through their midfield if it starts pressing and doesn't panic and just pass back. His passing has always impressed me though, should be ok.

String 4 across the middle of the park, play Ben Arfa behind Best and hit them on the break.

Taylor    Guthrie    Gosling/Abeid    Gutierrez

Ben Arfa

Best

Krul

Simmo  Willow  Collo  Santo.....n

Gosling  Raylor  Guthrie

HBA                        Jonas   

Best               

Possibly Abeid for Gosling, and bring in Harris if we are struggling to unlock their defence. Or Shola for Best to tear them apart for the last 10 mins. Also Obertan as sub to blast them with pace.

Vuckic didn't even make the bench last game, so I'd be surprised to see him play tomorrow.

HBA Gosling Guthrie Abeid Jonás

Best 

Is what I'd go for. Gosling can't be as bad as what his performance against Norwich suggests. Don't think we'll see that though.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I'm gonna throw in my 3 predictions as I usely do now because when I don't Nufc play bad for the match and we don't want that now do we.

Optimistic prediciton: 0-3 to us

Realistic: 1-1

Pessimistic: 2-0 defeat

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Thought you meant he was bad Roy. I can't play Fifa anyway :okay:

ah I shouldn't be using my local slang on this forum then. Where I'm from savage means "great/brilliant". And I feel pain for ye not been able to play it because it's the best game going.

No because then I don't get to say I TOLD YOU SO when he lets us down. Not that Obertan wouldn't let us down, but he'd add some completely badly applied pace there. Prefer Jonas further back helping in middle 3. Quite happy to slot Gosling there and jonas out in place of Obertan, but kinda want Jonas' safe hands there.