Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 21/01/12 Pre-match.

wormy

I see Gosling's doing well for you.

He's not done well so far but I can't understand why so many people have gone overboard saying he's shit. He's played about 6 games in two years, it's ridiculous.

I'm more than willing to stick my neck on the line and say Gosling's shit. You don't need to see that much of such a poor player, to work out he is not very good, imo.

I think it's clear we got him based on pure opportunism and the media reporting him to be a bit of a prospect.

I'm sick of footballers who are scared of the ball, especially central mid-fielders ffs.

I see Gosling's doing well for you.

Hasn't really been given a chance. Would like to see him get an extended run but as it stands, there are simply other players who are performing better than him when they have been given an opportunity.

I am not saying he is indefinitely s***, just that he is in no way ready to start a premier league game.

So who is, providing Cabaye is out?

I see your point.... I know this might sound batshit mental, but i would look at perch.

I am not saying he is indefinitely s***, just that he is in no way ready to start a premier league game.

So who is, providing Cabaye is out?

I see your point.... I know this might sound batshit mental, but i would look at perch.

Might? ;)

Krul

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Santon

Ben Arfa  Guthrie    Vuckic  Jonas

Shola      Best

Never happen like.

For good reason unfortunately, that central midfield is waaaaay too lightweight. A 4-3-3 with Vuckic Guthrie Jonas and Barfa Shola Best might work - we sort of did that against QPR already.

Krul

Shola      Best

Never happen like.

For good reason unfortunately, that central midfield is waaaaay too lightweight. A 4-3-3 with Vuckic Guthrie Jonas and Barfa Shola Best might work - we sort of did that against QPR already.

That's just the same but more attacking :lol:

Krul

Shola      Best

Never happen like.

That's just the same but more attacking :lol:

Well, the logic is that it can revert to 4-5-1 when defending.

Raylor is doing well in centre, not great but definitely better than Perch

Based on what exactly? I can't think of a game in which either have started in CM with the exception of Raylor's horror show against Bolton last season.

Guest ykmkmdd

Think Cabaye will play tbh. Reckon Pardew had to lay it on a bit thick about how badly he was hurt after his performance when being stretchered off last week.

Think this could work:

Guthrie - Cabaye - Jonas

HBA - Shola - Best

You'd think people would have learned after the Guthrie at West Brom business. Gosling needs regular games, one good thing about him is he gambles and gets into the box often, we lack that after Nolan left.

Agreed, far far too early to be writing him off next season we should prob looking to send him on loan if he isn't going to get games with us and give the lad a chance to develop his game.