Fulham vs. Newcastle United - 21/01/12 Pre-match.

wormy

Guest Heneage

:lol:

Give it 10 minutes.

I'm surprised by the responses of those Fulham fans. More due to their inaccuracy. Of course as other wiser members have point out, there's a distinct hypocrisy in terms of what they're claiming about Sir Bobby and his association with Newcastle.

Now in regards to the thing that matters (i.e. the football match) I do take some encouragement from the team news. Yes we're missing some players (any word on Cabaye?)and so are they. Hopefully Guthrie can do his deep-lying playmaker role again and we can come away with a point or three. Just don't lump it forward would be my only wish, given their man mountain of a centre back.

Anyone suggest best pub pre-match? If not best, at least one most likely to be full of away fans?

Soz if this has been asked earlier in the thread.

The Eight Bells is a common destination IIRC. Too packed for my tastes, but good.

Merci.

The Crabtree ( i think it was called ) was great when i went. Lovely pub right beside the Thames. Plenty of Toon fans in. It was quite warm that day though and we were stood in the beer garden.

Me and my mates are heading to the Eight Bells, just near the Putney Bridge tube station or other then that (as has been mentioned) the Crabtree on the other side of Craven Cottage is a reasonable place to go on the Thames.

Eight Bells is a tight squeeze though.

Eight Bells will be fucking heaving as usual. Never been crabtree but probably going there tomorow. Really looking forward to this. Away fans can make a serious atmosphere at Craven Cottage if they want to. Hopefully its not an appalling game like the last few of this fixture have been. Hope the neutral end isn't full of faggots who want to sit down and be pussies all game and shit.

Guest VaVaVoom

Really lookin forward to this like! I know in recent history its been a bit of a damp squib of a fixture but there is quite a lot at stake thmora. Huge chance to steal a march on Arsenal and Liverpool.

I hope Cabaye is fit, he will be crucial. As will Ben Arfa starting. We can only wait and see.

I reckon we will get a 2-1 win in a good battle. Come on boys lets do this!!

Guest VaVaVoom

ohmelads was bang on we said in this thread there's no point in picking Shola "just because he's a big lad". I'd much rather see Ben Arfa behind Best and Ryan Taylor or Obertan wide right.

Yeah.

I actually wouldnt mind seeinf Obertan on the right thmora. ONLY as long as Ben Arfa starts in behind Best.

Creativity and magic through the middle. Pace outwide and a 5 man midfield when we dont have he ball.

Guest VaVaVoom

Raylor's easily a better option than Obertan  on the right if you want HBA in the middle. You're all forgetting how fucking shit Obertan's been.

Well Raylor will certainly offer better delivery from out wide and i'd be just as happy with him in the team so long as Barfa starts.

I just think maybe pace out wide will offer more in this kind of game.