Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest guinness_fiend

So Cisse travels back,medical,signs,nowt stopping Ba doing the same and going elsewhere, question remains Ashley needs to balance books in his mind so whose going.

You hopefully

Even if the worst happens, at least we have bought before we (possibly) sell, which is the right way to do things.  Ashley will learn how to use a knife and fork next.

A new number 9 - happy days!

Guest Vinkent

So now we have two Ameobi's and two Demba's. Waiting for the next SSN exclusive where :pards: is revealed to be...

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh72/Shunt666/Xzibit.jpg

He properly reminds me of Daniels from The Wire.

I can see that, and whoever said Ashley Young for Marlo is spot on.

Aye, I think I put that in the lookalikes thread a couple of years ago.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-banter/Footballers-who-look-like-characters-from-TV-show-The-Wire-starring-Glen-Johnson-Ashley-Young-and-Robbie-Keane-article152749.html

Sunderland fans reaction must be epic... that's bang on the head indeed.... :lol:

To be fair, just yesterday they were saying he was one of the world's best strikers. He must have had a complete loss of form in 24 hours because now they are saying he's akin to Kevin Kyle.

This is a marquee signing.

Not a standard Ashley buy, a proper #9 for a genuine fee rather than dodgy clauses. Sometimes you have to pay for quality and hopefully it's the kind of buy that can really push us on.

:thup: If we can get through the next fortnight without selling a big player (and this should be the point where we're dragging Colo, Ba etc to the negotiation table to get them signed up on new deals which suit both parties), I'll have real optimism going into the second half of the season. The clubs at the top are as weak a pool as they have been in 15 years and this is a genuine chance to get amongst them. 4 points off 4th? It's not out of reach.

I have a few Nigerian friends who I watch football with... Seen some games via them... Not saying he's a bad player... And I do trust Carr... All I'm saying is I don't see the obvious upgrade from what we've got already... I.E. Ba being our current centre forward alongside one... AP said they list their targets and start at the top and work down the list rarely going lower than third choice... I just feel after Gamerio Gerviniho Erdinc and Cisse this lad has got 5th choice written all over him... Maybe I'm wrong but dare I say as I'm not a fan of his that if Carlton Cole was going on a free with sensible wages attached then the board would have a decision to make... As if value for money comes before everything else... Maybe we will cast the net out further if still flying high come January...

Would definitely have him over Gervinho and Erdinc like. I'm not sure if I'm reading it right, but do you want Carlton before Maiga?

Sorry... You seem to of picked up what i was getting up wrong... I'll try and be as concise as i can... (Though re-reading i realised i haven't again!)

From what I've seen when he's been playing internationals I didn't see anything that really blew me away though to be fair the pitches weren't possibly not suited to him(?)...

I also believe the more desperate we got in the summer to fill the number 9 shirt the further down the list of targets we got... With him at best being 3rd or 4th but more than likely 5th...

Since then we are performing beyond everyones expectations... And I include owners and management in that...

So I feel the club has a dilemma... Restart search as we are in a greater bargaining position theoretically and aim higher...

Or revert to type and go along the purely value for money route...

In my opinion they are thinking the later rather than the former so i was making the comparison on relative value that if Carlton Cole became available at overall smaller cost I wouldn't be surprised him being considered... Which i know is frightening... But if the logic is Maiga (Now at £8m than the original £5m) over Cisse at an estimated £10-12... Then surely this logic applies lower down the scale... And the difference in quality not the biggest...

It's like the Cissokho was number one target but a poorer Pieters was deemed adequate and now that we are doing well the management are talking up Taylor as performing better than Jose and might make do...

I was never expecting or calling for a trophy signing... I just feel this is THE key signing/addition to push the team forward and was hoping we would push the boat out for one of Carr's higher choices... I.E. Cisse...

Over the moon they've pushed the boat out... Maiga a smokescreen all along...

I like the look. He can hold the ball up and pay deep, interchange well with the midfield, and then bam, straight into the box ready for the follow up pass.

Defenders will hate his runs, especially as Ba is up there too.

For what it is worth, not expecting much from him this season. I'd imagine that he starts on the bench and will have to displace whoever initially starts next to Ba.

I like the look. He can hold the ball up and pay deep, interchange well with the midfield, and then bam, straight into the box ready for the follow up pass.

For what it is worth, not expecting much from him this season. I'd imagine that he starts on the bench and will have to displace whoever initially starts next to Ba.

Yes, James...but what about the insurance policy the club must have had to take out for him? Eh?

Can't believe this and feels just unreal. Always thought he's out of our range especially with Ashley in charge. Feels surreal to wait them back from Africa.

And fair play to Ashley, guess he got little excited after we won Man United and got above Liverpool last weekend and realized it's much more fun to have competitive team than just getting 10th-14th with peanuts spend. :lol:

He'll have a hard job displacing Shola alright.