Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Howaythetoon

His gait, runs and the way he hooks the ball from the air athletically with his legs, especially in the box, remind of Andy Cole. I think Cisse will be our box man, our goal getter, and Ba our all-rounder, the one who drops off, comes deep, links up etc. Who of course will also score goals as he's shown.

Guest bimpy474

Alan Green has just claimed that we were helped by "Djibril Cisse" today :lol:

David Pleat kept calling Bent "Best"

Sounds like a load of old farts who cant remember owt.

Somebody remind me of some shit players who scored cracking goals on their debuts so I can calm down and go to sleep

Tbh there's nobody, most of them have went on to win the Champions League and World Cup shortly afterwards.

Stephane G'uivarch?

Jon Dahl Tomasson?

He looked sharp, like he has a good relationship with Ba and they can read each other, and he has a cracking touch (some of Krul's kicks that he brought down :fwap: ).

Just needs to integrate into the team now. Looked like he was just wandering around for a few set pieces - got in Williamson's way on a couple of occasions too.

Overall - impressed :thup:

Considering the lad touched down in our city on Thursday, and has barely trained with his new teammates, he did alright like! Great goal, amazing start for the lad. Pressure immediately off. Looks like a taller Cole, the way he runs up right and plays on the shoulder of the last defender. Will get caught offside plenty but will score a lot too. Really exciting front two for the first time in a long time, can't wait to see him once he has really settled and trained properly. Looks like a brilliant signing to me.

Considering the lad touched down in our city on Thursday, and has barely trained with his new teammates, he did alright like! Great goal, amazing start for the lad. Pressure immediately off. Looks like a taller Cole, the way he runs up right and plays on the shoulder of the last defender. Will get caught offside plenty but will score a lot too. Really exciting front two for the first time in a long time, can't wait to see him once he has really settled and trained properly. Looks like a brilliant signing to me.

i don't mind him getting caught offside when playing on the shoulder but in the 2nd half Obertan was running at 3 defenders while breaking and Cisse was constantly ahead of him offside and therefore Obertan had no one to give it to.

I was really impressed by him today. He did miss a good chance with a header but made up for that with his goal. Can only see him getting better as he gets more time to train and play with the rest of the team.

i don't mind him getting caught offside when playing on the shoulder but in the 2nd half Obertan was running at 3 defenders while breaking and Cisse was constantly ahead of him offside and therefore Obertan had no one to give it to.

Fair comment but early days, can't do much better on your debut as a striker than crash the winning goal into the top corner of the Gallowgate end. That plus he's likely used to playing with quicker witted players than Obertan who release an earlier ball. I've never seen a player take so long to make a decision. Don't get me wrong, Obertan played alright today but he takes a bloody age to decide what to do with the ball. That doesn't help forwards who play on the edge of offside all game.