Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

no, did wonga fix the libor rates and lie about its insurances products, I know which has robbed more and created most pain for the country.

:lol:

Were Wonga in a position to fix LIBOR?  Were Wonga in a position to lie about it's insurance products?

I've just checked Barclays and Wonga to see what they are charging for loans.  At Barclays it costs you £102.42 to borrow £1000 for a year, at Wonga it costs you £127.15 to borrow £400 for 30 days.  If you're going to compare companies to Wonga it might be better if you compare them like for like instead of praising one for not doing something it wasn't capable of doing.

no, did wonga fix the libor rates and lie about its insurances products, I know which has robbed more and created most pain for the country.

Were Wonga in a position to fix LIBOR?  Were Wonga in a position to lie about it's insurance products?

I've just checked Barclays and Wonga to see what they are charging for loans.  At Barclays it costs you £102.42 to borrow £1000 for a year, at Wonga it costs you £127.15 to borrow £400 for 30 days.  If you're going to compare companies to Wonga it might be better if you compare them like for like instead of praising one for not doing something it wasn't capable of doing.

at barclays I think it also costs you £22  to go £1 overdrawn for 1 day. like i said, hes comlaining about something relatively minor when he is quite happy to wear a logo for something much worse. I wonder what Islam has to say on lying for financial gain and tax avoidance on top of usury ?

at barclays I think it also costs you £22  to go £1 overdrawn for 1 day. like i said, hes comlaining about something relatively minor when he is quite happy to wear a logo for something much worse. I wonder what Islam has to say on lying for financial gain and tax avoidance on top of usury ?

GTFO Newcastle and leave it to Darren Bent probably.

So Barclays charge you for taking money you have no right to take?  No doubt Wonga pay people to take money off them.

Comparing them like for like is not really relevant when assessing their ethics. The unethical activities of Barclay's are not focused on their interest rates, that doesn't make them more ethical than Wonga if they're very unethical in other areas that Wonga doesn't deal with.

Did any of the people equivocating Wonga with Virgin and consumer lending in general finance their home through a pay day lender? Since they're all as bad as one another?

Why would you finance your home through a pay day lender? :lol:

The clue is in the name surely? Unless you earn a few hundred thousand pounds a month I think a pay day loan might be a little unrealistic when purchasing a house :dontknow:

Yeah, it might. Bet this will be a fantastic deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/financialservices/9486274/Wonga-eyes-mortgages-and-money-transfers.html

So Barclays charge you for taking money you have no right to take?  No doubt Wonga pay people to take money off them.

I presume the emphasis is on how needlessly excessive those sort of bank charges are. To be honest though it doesn't make any difference how daft or hypocritical we feel his stance is, if he's sticking to his guns and flat out refusing to wear the sponsor we need to come up with a solution sharpish one way or another.

People seem too occupied arguing with regards to religion and the ethics of finance and seemingly ignoring what is another farcical situation we find ourselves in. Right from the off the reports have indicated that Cisse (rightly or wrongly) wouldn't be prepared to be seen as promoting Wonga, yet here we are in the middle of pre season with the future of our only striker in massive doubt. Just a massive mess allround ,without even  factoring in all the negative press and the potential problems it may be causing within the dressing room.

By quantifying crime (crime in sharia law) you are compromising on it.

Does sharia law say its alright to charge a little bit of interest? No, it is all strictly forbidden.

Just let him wear a f***ing charity logo or something there problem solved ffs

i'm not necessarily against that but would it lead to others doing the same thing and in the end the sponsors not bothering (not too bad a thing) or paying the players directly to "persuade" them which means more money leaving the game to the players.

What if the club lets players choose their sponsors, every player. give players a % cut based on the deal to discourage any excessive brown paper enveloping

might be a bit of hassle for the club if they have to manage it mind. (I doubt we'd adopt this but I mean more generally across the board)

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Just let him wear a f***ing charity logo or something there problem solved ffs

i'm not necessarily against that but would it lead to others doing the same thing and in the end the sponsors not bothering (not too bad a thing) or paying the players directly to "persuade" them which means more money leaving the game to the players.

What if the club lets players choose their sponsors, every player. give players a % cut based on the deal to discourage any excessive brown paper enveloping

might be a bit of hassle for the club if they have to manage it mind. (I doubt we'd adopt this but I mean more generally across the board)

Williamson would be sponsored by B&M bargains or Munchies 2

I presume the emphasis is on how needlessly excessive those sort of bank charges are. To be honest though it doesn't make any difference how daft or hypocritical we feel his stance is, if he's sticking to his guns and flat out refusing to wear the sponsor we need to come up with a solution sharpish one way or another.

People seem too occupied arguing with regards to religion and the ethics of finance and seemingly ignoring what is another farcical situation we find ourselves in. Right from the off the reports have indicated that Cisse (rightly or wrongly) wouldn't be prepared to be seen as promoting Wonga, yet here we are in the middle of pre season with the future of our only striker in massive doubt. Just a massive mess allround ,without even  factoring in all the negative press and the potential problems it may be causing within the dressing room.

:clap:

Seconded. It's not our place to make judgements on players' decisions or convictions. At the end of the day we are here because we hope to see a successful football team, and a club to be proud of. This situation remaining unresolved is detrimental to both of the above. Needs sorting out yesterday!

Seconded. It's not our place to make judgements on players' decisions or convictions. At the end of the day we are here because we hope to see a successful football team, and a club to be proud of. This situation remaining unresolved is detrimental to both of the above. Needs sorting out yesterday!

It's not our place to make judgements on players' decisions?

Well sorry, but we have every right to judge a players actions and decisions. If he is refusing to wear the shirt and breaking the terms of his contract, then (while I can imagine he has been painted into a corner both buy his own previous quotes and pressure from outside groups), until he actually comes out and is brave enough to explain his position, there will be those of us who are both dissapointed and slightly suspicious of his actions, and hope he quickly comes to his senses like Kanout presumably did.

It's not our place to make judgements on players' decisions?

Well sorry, but we have every right to judge a players actions and decisions. If he is refusing to wear the shirt and breaking the terms of his contract, then (while I can imagine he has been painted into a corner both buy his own previous quotes and pressure from outside groups), until he actually comes out and is brave enough to explain his position, there will be those of us who are both dissapointed and slightly suspicious of his actions, and hope he quickly comes to his senses like Kanout presumably did.

O0 Cisse needs to knock Saylor off the Chronicle microphone sharpish and that will sell more papers than stevelivingthedreamtaylor  ;D

Cisse and Shola out, Remy, Bent & Gomis in.  :snod:

Don't make me cum.  :lol:

It seems he's being pushed out the door. In any event I think in terms of quantity we'll only end up with one extra striker but if Shola and Cisse go and are replaced it will be a much better pool to choose from.

I really do think we will regret letting Cisse go. He was very poor at times last season but I just get the feeling he will have a better year this year. Especially if he could play off someone like Gomis for example.

I really do think we will regret letting Cisse go. He was very poor at times last season but I just get the feeling he will have a better year this year. Especially if he could play off someone like Gomis for example.

I do too but I don't see a way back for him now.

Same here. He's a natural goal scorer but looks like he's put himself in a position he can't turn back from. It would be funny as fuck if we signed his replacement then he changed his mind and wore the Wonga shirt though.

I was going to say, what do you mean can't come back from this? He could easily change his mind and decided he's now ok with it. Hardly think the club would go "nooooooope that's it you've hurt our feelings now, get lost"