Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

4-3-1-2, Ben Arfa behind the front 2  :drool:

This is the best scenario. Cisse on his own wasn't working - we were too predictable and lacking in numbers/support. If there's a way we can have 2 strikers and HBA thriving, we have to go with it.

The weakness is it doesn't suit Ben Arfa, we don't have a LW and we don't have a partner for Cisse yet.

It doesn't but you solve a lot of those issues by having 2 midfielders who contribute offensively, i'd argue that's the biggest issue actually.

Apart from the obvious partner for Cisse but its quite obvious Pardew won't go that route until we get one.

I'd say the important part of that quote is the bit you didn't highlight. If you are going to go 4-4-2 then you need some good service from the LW, and I still don't see where that's going to come from.

The mooted Hatem - Cisse - Gouffran front 3 just isn't creative enough. Especially not with an uncreative midfield behind it. We need 2 forwards to push Jonas, Shola and even Gouffran - who i do like very much as an occasional starter - down the pecking order.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130730/cisses-ready-and-raring-to-go_2281670_3332112

Cisse's Ready And Raring To Go

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Managing Editor

Papiss Cisse will make his first appearance of pre-season on Tuesday night at St. Mirren, and the front man cannot wait to pull on the Newcastle United shirt again.

The Magpies' top scorer last season with 13 goals, Cisse is yet to feature so far during the Club's warm-up games and did not travel on their recent Portuguese training camp.

But Cisse, the Club and new main sponsor Wonga.com have reached a resolution to the Senegalese star wearing the new Wonga-branded kit ahead of the 2013/14 campaign.

[/quAll parties engaged in productive discussions to resolve the matter over recent weeks, including consultation with faith leaders and the Professional Footballers' Association.

And, as United travel to St. Mirren park on Tuesday for a 7.30pm kick-off, Cisse is keen to put the matter behind him and look forward to doing what he does best - finding the back of the net.

"It has been a very difficult time for me and the Club, and also for the fans," the striker told nufc.co.uk in an exclusive interview.

"I have had some useful discussions with my Club, my family and Islamic teachers in the last few weeks. After a huge amount of thought and reflection I have made the decision to follow my teammates and wear the kit.

"Now I think it is important for the team and the fans that we concentrate 100 per cent on football.

"Although I did not go to Portugal on the training camp, I was back here working hard on my fitness and preparing for the start of the new season.

"Since then it has been great to be training with my teammates again. I feel great and ready to go, and cannot wait to be out there against St. Mirren on Tuesday and to play my part for the team."ote]

Guest antz1uk

sounds like he genuinely did have concerns and has had to think quite hard about it, hasn't left so wasnt looknig for a move and hasnt signed a new contract so money wasnt an issue. glad he's come to this decision but doesnt sound like it was an easy one for him to make

sounds like he genuinely did have concerns and has had to think quite hard about it, hasn't left so wasnt looknig for a move and hasnt signed a new contract so money wasnt an issue. glad he's come to this decision but doesnt sound like it was an easy one for him to make

Said this a while ago, I hope he's come to a decision that he's happy about. Or at least content he can move on. Can't have been easy for him.