Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Roger Kint

Wasnt it him not jumping for their 3rd which led to the ball sailing through them wall? Can only imagine the abuse Obertan would get for that s***.

A part of that is born from the fact that Obertan is genuinely shit and historically contributes very little.

Its fucking awful for any footballer regardless of his ability.

Inochi :thup:

Guest bimpy474

A granny could stand in a wall ffs. Just a joke like but you see that many times from many teams. Rule 1 : Do NOT put nancy boys in the wall.

Wasnt it him not jumping for their 3rd which led to the ball sailing through them wall? Can only imagine the abuse Obertan would get for that s***.

A part of that is born from the fact that Obertan is genuinely s*** and historically contributes very little.

Its f***ing awful for any footballer regardless of his ability.

Not disputing that.

Guest Roger Kint

A part of that is born from the fact that Obertan is genuinely s*** and historically contributes very little.

Not disputing that.

I dont care who it was, its embarrassing whether they are Pele or Brian Penas. Just dont see why Obertan being shit should lessen the reaction to Cisse doing it as you suggested.

Guest bimpy474

Not disputing that.

I dont care who it was, its embarrassing whether they are Pele or Brian Penas. Just dont see why Obertan being shit should lessen the reaction to Cisse doing it as you suggested.

It shouldn't Rog, Cisse showed as lesser an effort as i've seen for him, he deserves all the stick as effort is the least he should give.

It was. Basically a continuation of the lack of effort he displayed all night. Yes, we're getting beat. Yes, you're isolated and without service. But, f*** me, at least try to compete. Very disappointing performance from him.

:thup:

I think it was the first time in a long long time or ever for us that he showed a lack of care and effort. Was very disappointed, because he always runs his socks off but last night he just didn't care after their 2nd goal. Unfortunately it's in games like this that you need a real loud leader, and I don't see where we have one in the team. Yanga could probably be the same guy as Colo, but we need a loud vocal leader on the pitch, which we don't have.

Not disputing that.

I dont care who it was, its embarrassing whether they are Pele or Brian Penas. Just dont see why Obertan being s*** should lessen the reaction to Cisse doing it as you suggested.

I was explaining why people would react stronger to Obertan making a mistake. Not sure where you're saying I suggest it should lessen the reaction. Your reading things into my words. I wasn't sticking up for Cisse. Whatever.

Guest Roger Kint

Not disputing that.

It shouldn't Rog, Cisse showed as lesser an effort as i've seen for him, he deserves all the stick as effort is the least he should give.

We can only hope its due to the Cabaye incident which unsettled him on the night rather than him being unhappy since Wongagate, never seen him show so little effort. Now more than ever we need a JFK masterstroke to lift the players. No doubt hes sat doing fuck all this week though

Guest Roger Kint

Not disputing that.

I dont care who it was, its embarrassing whether they are Pele or Brian Penas. Just dont see why Obertan being s*** should lessen the reaction to Cisse doing it as you suggested.

I was explaining why people would react stronger to Obertan making a mistake. Not sure where you're saying I suggest it should lessen the reaction. Your reading things into my words. I wasn't sticking up for Cisse. Whatever.

I was just pointing out that anyone using your explanation would be wrong not that you yourself said it.

Guest bimpy474

Not disputing that.

We can only hope its due to the Cabaye incident which unsettled him on the night rather than him being unhappy since Wongagate, never seen him show so little effort. Now more than ever we need a JFK masterstroke to lift the players. No doubt hes sat doing fuck all this week though

I think he's been worn down by Pardew's tactics and lack of chances created for him, doesn't excuse his lack of effort mind.

Not disputing that.

We can only hope its due to the Cabaye incident which unsettled him on the night rather than him being unhappy since Wongagate, never seen him show so little effort. Now more than ever we need a JFK masterstroke to lift the players. No doubt hes sat doing f*** all this week though

I think he's been worn down by Pardew's tactics and lack of chances created for him, doesn't excuse his lack of effort mind.

I fear that this may be the case too. I could certainly understand his head dropping after the Taylor sending off, but he is paid good money to do his job. If your premise is true then it's the sort of thing that only goes one way.

He's been shite for a year, I'd not minded to have seen him gone and the money split on two better more consistent strikers.

Unless the team pulls round he's not going to change, he won't pull us out of it he hasn't got the balls or the desire.

He is what he is. If the team isn't functioning he isn't going to be of any help.

I don't understand the criticism after last night specifically really, he was incredibly isolated up against a fairly mean defence and only a handful of balls pinged in his direction.

We should have taken him off instead of Gouffran TBH, he may as well have had a rest.

He is what he is. If the team isn't functioning he isn't going to be of any help.

I don't understand the criticism after last night specifically really, he was incredibly isolated up against a fairly mean defence and only a handful of balls pinged in his direction.

We should have taken him off instead of Gouffran TBH, he may as well have had a rest.

Ian, there was a situation in the first half where a long ball was played up to him, and he just let it bounce along the side of the penalty area over the goal line. It wasn't a perfect ball, but he had plenty of time to control it and his marker wasn't particularly close, letting him have the ball rather than putting in a challenge.

It was an easy opportunity to hold the ball up, but either through indecision, or a lack of confidence or an unwillingness to make the best of an imperfect situation, he did nothing. Against Man City he's not going to get lots of chances, but it's important that his team-mates see that he has the right attitude.

This guy is literally the worst kind of striker for us to have.

Always looking to get in behind, and can't hold the ball up or win physical battles.

Considering our team is incapable of getting in position to play balls through to him, and instead loves hoofing/clipping/lumping/floating the ball up to him early, for only god knows what reason, it's a match made in hell.

Sickening to watch time and time again.

This guy is literally the worst kind of striker for us to have.

Always looking to get in behind, and can't hold the ball up or win physical battles.

Considering our team is incapable of getting in position to play balls through to him, and instead loves hoofing/clipping/lumping/floating the ball up to him early, for only god knows what reason, it's a match made in hell.

Sickening to watch time and time again.

You're right, right now he's the worst option, but the only option we have. Gomis is essential IMO, but I don't see them playing together ATM. Cisse out wide it'll be as Pardew won't drop him.

I have no doubt he would look better in a free flowing team that creates many chances, although I don't think his finishing is good enough for a team of that level. For a team like ours, we need a striker who can hold the ball up, contribute to our attacking play and create chances for himself and midfielders that come forward. Both Carroll and Ba were capable of these things much more than Cisse appears to be. I'm afraid he is not the right fit for us at all.

Edit: what KaKa said basically..

I'm telling you right now, if we sign a striker like Gomis, once Remy is fit , we will play 4-4-2 and Cisse will be on the bench.

The way we play would improve ten fold if we had a more physical striker, as this is what suits Pardew's approach.

We will never consistently play good enough football to create the kind of chances Cisse will need to thrive. Not under Pards.

All those clipped balls to Cisse are just handing possession back over to the other team. Imagine someone like Carroll in those instances though? He'd hodl it up more often than not, and allow the rest of the team to advance some.

This is just a fact of life. It is what it is. Another player not suited to the team ethos. A manager not capable of abiding by an alternative ethos either, and so here we are in limbo.