Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

And this is the player that when we got him our manager was all "he was the one I wanted", "been watching him for a while" "important piece in the jigsaw" etc.  bet he didn't even once think how he would best utlise said talent or how he would intergrate in to our team.

I'm telling you right now, if we sign a striker like Gomis, once Remy is fit , we will play 4-4-2 and Cisse will be on the bench.

The way we play would improve ten fold if we had a more physical striker, as this is what suits Pardew's approach.

We will never consistently play good enough football to create the kind of chances Cisse will need to thrive. Not under Pards.

All those clipped balls to Cisse are just handing possession back over to the other team. Imagine someone like Carroll in those instances though? He'd hodl it up more often than not, and allow the rest of the team to advance some.

This is just a fact of life. It is what it is. Another player not suited to the team ethos. A manager not capable of abiding by an alternative ethos either, and so here we are in limbo.

Well said

Erm, we could also go and try to play tot he strengths of the striker we have, instead of imposing a system on him thats not suitable  :lol:

Like hammering a nail in with a saw...or using sticky tape to hold bricks down.

Erm, we could also go and try to play tot he strengths of the striker we have, instead of imposing a system on him thats not suitable  :lol:

Like hammering a nail in with a saw...or using sticky tape to hold bricks down.

We haven't got the players to play him properly, he needs a partner, and by the looks of it quite a specific one as well. As a lone striker he's hopeless, but we just haven't got that person to bring him out. For me I think Carroll would have done the job, so I'm still hoping for a big lad, we've got the pace in Remy.

At this level, you can't shield a striker from having to hold the ball up from time to time in close quarter situations, or from having to drop deep or wide occasionally to help the team's movement. They have to be able to help out in those areas.

The idea that he can just wait between the centre backs for chances to come his way, and the rest of the team will fit around him, is completely unrealistic.

At this level, you can't shield a striker from having to hold the ball up from time to time in close quarter situations, or from having to drop deep or wide occasionally to help the team's movement. They have to be able to help out in those areas.

The idea that he can just wait between the centre backs for chances to come his way, and the rest of the team will fit around him, is completely unrealistic.

:thup:

He was fine at dropping deep and wide when he joined. I remember him doing a lot of good work out wide.

Ba and him had moments in the match where they changed positions, so both played left wing at times. I don't remember either of them looking anything special though.

He was fine at dropping deep and wide when he joined. I remember him doing a lot of good work out wide.

Ba and him had moments in the match where they changed positions, so both played left wing at times. I don't remember either of them looking anything special though.

Put it this way then, Cisse looked a lot better then than he does now.

Put it this way then, Cisse looked a lot better then than he does now.

Undoubtedly.

He has no self confidence anymore, his runs are poor, hes weak, he flaps at the ball if it comes near him. We've seen his real potential but hes not half the player now.

Hes done a Torres like & Ashley wont be happy about his investment.

Guest bimpy474

I got stick last week for saying this but i'll stick by it, just way off the pace. I have faith in him, he just needs little time out the firing line imo.

If we are not creating for him he needs to be benched because he's f*cking useless otherwise.

Remy and Gouffran would offer the team a lot more and more importantly actually run in behind defences and give the likes of Anita and Ben Arfa an actual option to pass to.

Shola and Cisse just stood their like statues today.

He needed benched for this game.

He needed service. He gets fuck all of it.

That's only half the problem though. His hold up play has been discussed at length, but his movement isn't great at the moment and he doesn't look sharp at all. It's easy to blame a lack of creativity from other players, but I don't think he's particularly helping them either with his forward-play.

Guest bimpy474

That's only half the problem though. His hold up play has been discussed at length, but his movement isn't great at the moment and he doesn't look sharp at all. It's easy to blame a lack of creativity from other players, but I don't think he's particularly helping them either with his forward-play.

Spot on.

Looks like a player who doesn't want to be here. Maybe he was expecting to leave with the whole Wonga thing.

He needed service. He gets f*** all of it.

:thup: