Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Football Weekly was speaking usual bollocks about newcastle, Phillippe Auclaire saying only reason Cisse scoring loads is because Ba has been doing all the work and as soon as we sell Ba Cisse will be much worse...

Sort of a compliment of Ba but considering HBA and Cabaye have pretty much been the providers for Cisse makes very little sense. Odd argument.

Some reasonable criticisms, our record against top table teams hasn't been good enough.

Guest dogbeak

Football Weekly was speaking usual bollocks about newcastle, Phillippe Auclaire saying only reason Cisse scoring loads is because Ba has been doing all the work and as soon as we sell Ba Cisse will be much worse...

same guy was expressing shock at colo being in the team of the year; i think he might be the only frenchman on the planet who doesn't watch us tbh.

same guy was expressing shock at colo being in the team of the year; i think he might be the only frenchman on the planet who doesn't watch us tbh.

It's weird though. I have always had the impression that Auclair likes us, maybe we're becoming too good and challening Chelsea and Arsenal might affect that view.

He also suggested Tioté should be in PFA Team of the Year. Clearly hasn't seen much of us, but that statement is hard to back up as Cheik has only played 20 games this season.

I don't mind them usually, I find a lot of other podcasts full of stupid in-jokes and 'banter' etc. But they really get some of the analysis of newcastle wrong, and it makes me doubt other clubs analysis. I mean Ba doing all the work for Cisse to score? Claiming colo only looks good cos of the team is nonsense, he is the reason when the team isn't working things sometimes still went out way. Was reasonable to point to our big defeats at fulham and totenham as blots on our defensive record though to be fair.

Sort of a compliment of Ba but considering HBA and Cabaye have pretty much been the providers for Cisse makes very little sense. Odd argument.

Some reasonable criticisms, our record against top table teams hasn't been good enough.

True. Which is why we're forth (f***ing forth :lol:) and not challenging for the title. :lol:

f***ing incredible stuff :snod:

Well I think there were some winnable games but our form dipped at wrong time, though. Hasn't been good enough is wrong phrasing, could be better is all I mean. But exactly, there do seem so many people desperate to say we're not 'deserving' ridiculously.

I'd fucking love to beat man city this time round though.

He only goes to London games man, be a highlights man outside of that at best. Can't remember the last time he mentioned us without mentioning that we got humped off Fulham.

Was always under the impression that Auclaire was a sensible one who knew his stuff. Clearly not, shame.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7705162/?utm_source=feed&utm_medium=twitter

Cisse not thinking ahead

Newcastle striker keen to repay fans' respect

Last Updated: April 26, 2012 8:56am

Papiss Cisse has admitted it would be a special achievement to qualify for the UEFA Champions League but insists Newcastle are not looking too far ahead.

The Senegalese striker has made a remarkable impact for the Magpies since arriving in the North East from German club Freiburg, netting 11 goals in his first ten games.

Cisse's form has helped Alan Pardew's men break into the top four and, with just four games of the season remaining, a return to Europe's elite competition is now within reach.

The 26-year-old does not want to get too excited at this stage and is only concentrating on performing as well as he can to repay the Newcastle fans.

"The fans of Newcastle show me a lot of love and respect. It is important I return that respect by giving my all for them on the football field," he told Sky Sports News.

Focus

"The attention off the field is nice, but my focus is football.

"It is the right thing for us not to get ahead of ourselves. It is a bit of a cliché, but we really are just taking each game as it comes and we will see where we finish at the end of the season.

"But, of course, the Champions League would be nice."

Newcastle are currently three points adrift of third-placed Arsenal, with a game in hand, and three ahead of Tottenham.

They may have to finish third to qualify for the Champions League, however, if Chelsea beat Bayern Munich in the final of this season's competition.

David Crossan (@davidmcrossan on Twitter) has translated a l'Equipe interview with Cissé:

#nufc Papiss Cisse in L'Equipe.

I was surprised by the Newcastle move as initially I was meant to be going to Bayern. In the end it didn't happen. In England, Sunderland and Fulham wanted me. Then at the last minute my agent told me when I was in Senegal 'I've booked a flight to Paris then Newcastle, if all goes well you'll sign there.' The next day I was there. By five I'd finished the medical and by eight I'd signed. As I was going to AFCON, Pardew had prepared a DVD for me which I watched every evening in my hotel room.

I didn't choose to wear 9. I turned up and saw my name on the shirt. The coach told me he'd chosen it for me, Pardew told me 'it's a big number, we don't just give it to anybody'. For me, coming from nowhere, to get the shirt. He put a lot of pressure on me! I'm trying to prove he did the right thing.

It's the Newcastle style more than the Premier League that suits me. There are lots of French players here. Ben Arfa pleases everybody wide, Yohan Cabaye feeds me extraordinary passes. And then there's Demba Ba who spoke to me a lot about the club during the AFCON. I say to myself that what I'm in the midst of achieving is out of the ordinary. But I say to myself every morning, 'you saw what you did last weekend. You need to do even more to help the team win.'

Ben Arfa is extraordinary. He's a phenomenon. When I see his runs, his tricks, his acceleration with the ball at his feet, he reminds me a bit of Messi. That's what his goal against Bolton was like, exactly that. If I had a message for Laurent Blanc it would be: 'Please call up Ben Arfa. You won't regret it.'

Its so hard to pick a favourite player from our current lot, but this lad is up there, love him.

I noticed that, i love Colo more, nah i love Cabaye more, nah i love Krul more, Nah I love Ben Arfa more, Nah i love Ba more, Nah i love Cisse more......

It's f*ckin ridiculous  :lol: should also mention i love Jonas, Tiote and Santon too  :smitten:

David Crossan (@davidmcrossan on Twitter) has translated a l'Equipe interview with Cissé:

I was surprised by the Newcastle move as initially I was meant to be going to Bayern. In the end it didn't happen. In England, Sunderland and Fulham wanted me. Then at the last minute my agent told me when I was in Senegal 'I've booked a flight to Paris then Newcastle, if all goes well you'll sign there.' The next day I was there. By five I'd finished the medical and by eight I'd signed. As I was going to AFCON, Pardew had prepared a DVD for me which I watched every evening in my hotel room.

I didn't choose to wear 9. I turned up and saw my name on the shirt. The coach told me he'd chosen it for me, Pardew told me 'it's a big number, we don't just give it to anybody'. For me, coming from nowhere, to get the shirt. He put a lot of pressure on me! I'm trying to prove he did the right thing.

It's the Newcastle style more than the Premier League that suits me. There are lots of French players here. Ben Arfa pleases everybody wide, Yohan Cabaye feeds me extraordinary passes. And then there's Demba Ba who spoke to me a lot about the club during the AFCON. I say to myself that what I'm in the midst of achieving is out of the ordinary. But I say to myself every morning, 'you saw what you did last weekend. You need to do even more to help the team win.'

Ben Arfa is extraordinary. He's a phenomenon. When I see his runs, his tricks, his acceleration with the ball at his feet, he reminds me a bit of Messi. That's what his goal against Bolton was like, exactly that. If I had a message for Laurent Blanc it would be: 'Please call up Ben Arfa. You won't regret it.'

i'd like to see that dvd.

Its so hard to pick a favourite player from our current lot, but this lad is up there, love him.

I noticed that, i love Colo more, nah i love Cabaye more, nah i love Krul more, Nah I love Ben Arfa more, Nah i love Ba more, Nah i love Cisse more......

It's f*ckin ridiculous  :lol: should also mention i love Jonas, Tiote and Santon too  :smitten:

Ive always had 1 favourite player. Now ive got 10 and one that I dont like (Simpson...shocker).

We are so fortunate to have such talented players that arnt complete pricks.

Its class :D

i'd like to see that dvd.

Maybe it was some of Pards extra curricula activity :)

BoSelecta is right so difficult to have a favourite player at the moment. So many likeable players at the moment. I think Cisse edges it for me with the great impact he has had since his arrival. After his record in France and Germany and the number 9 shirt there was a lot of pressure on him yet he's just taken everything in his stride. And I love just chanting his name when he scores "Papiss Demba Cisse" drives the woman mad :) long may it continue