Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I don't know what he's doing playing so deep at times, he's terrible at it. Ruins the momentum of our attacks so many times with his crap passing.

He's not fast, not strong, can't challenge in the air.

Something needs to be done about this..... the reason he gets no chances is because of how bloody deep he is.

We have Sissoko for that and Gouffran to a lesser extent there is absolutely no reason for him to drop so deep, he should be on the shoulder of the last defender at all times.

Which is how he scored goals last season, i don't know whether its tactical or what but something needs to be done about it.

He would score shit tonnes more if we stopped it.

Yes he did have a poor game overall, but the goal he scored was from the first bit of decent service he got all day. This lad will always score goals as long as he gets the right service IMO, some of our crosses and corner kicks were dreadful today...

He also needs to challenge the keeper in the air more. I know he was never likely to win a thing today but at least put him under pressure, it could force a mistake or you might just get there. The amount of times he just stood without jumping was really starting to annoy me :thdn:

Yes he did have a poor game overall, but the goal he scored was from the first bit of decent service he got all day. This lad will always score goals as long as he gets the right service IMO, some of our crosses and corner kicks were dreadful today...

Agreed.

The service argument wears thin for me. We talk all day about modern, progressive teams looking to impose their game. Fullbacks  who are great going forward and defending. CB's that can play. Midfielders who can do a bit of everything. Wide men both creative and hardworking. But all we have is a striker dependent on service like it's 1988. Not service like getting the ball in the box, crosses, playing it to feet but eye of the needle through balls.

Today shows all he has to offer to the team is goals. Michael Owen. Jermain Defoe. Darren Bent. Is that good enough for the modern striker?

Lovely goal though.

I guess it needs to be said again. He hasn't been well this week so you need to cut him some slack. He delivered when it mattered.

Tbf him dropping too deep criticism is something based on weeks and weeks not just today.

Pards needs to sort it out there is no reason at all for him to drop so deep, i'm convinced its the main reason he hasn't as many goals as he should have.

The service argument wears thin for me. We talk all day about modern, progressive teams looking to impose their game. Fullbacks  who are great going forward and defending. CB's that can play. Midfielders who can do a bit of everything. Wide men both creative and hardworking. But all we have is a striker dependent on service like it's 1988. Not service like getting the ball in the box, crosses, playing it to feet but eye of the needle through balls.

Today shows all he has to offer to the team is goals. Michael Owen. Jermain Defoe. Darren Bent. Is that good enough for the modern striker?

Lovely goal though.

Got one clear chance and put it away.

Lovely goal though.

Stop crediting his goal in an effort to mask your agenda.

I guess it needs to be said again. He hasn't been well this week so you need to cut him some slack. He delivered when it mattered.

Tbf him dropping too deep criticism is something based on weeks and weeks not just today.

Pards needs to sort it out there is no reason at all for him to drop so deep, i'm convinced its the main reason he hasn't as many goals as he should have.

Hanging off the shoulder must get frustrating when you're playing poorly and not scoring. Because you're not doing anything. He needs to learn like Michael Owen did, just to keep going at his game. Pards should tell him if he doesn't know.

It's probably Pardew's instructions/training. It's something he didn't do last year.