Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He looked a very frustrated player today, he struggled to get into the game and he was very lucky to stay on the pitch. He was fortunate the Ref was lenient; he should buy him a drink and hope that the winning goal is the turning point we all are looking for.

Our service to him today was generally awful.

"We wouldn't give in and we kept asking different questions. In Sylvain Marveaux we have brought on somebody who has found the eye of a needle pass to a guy (Cisse) who has been non-existent today.

"But because he's a natural goalscorer, he has an awful touch really, but instead of snatching at it he lets it come all the way down and brings the roof off with a winning goal."

On the Sky interview he says Pap was crap today, at least he noticed.

:thup:

"Papiss, I think, would be the first to tell you he was awful today. He didn't do anything, really, to influence other than doing well on some defensive issues for us.

"But then the moment comes. It's an eye-of-the-needle pass from Marveaux, which he has [in his game]. The ball pops up and most strikers would snatch at that.

"But he let it come all the way down and finished it and in the 92nd minute, that's not easy to do, trust me."

Guest palnese

"We deserved it. We weren't at our best but we deserved to win.

"The gaffer told me I was rubbish today. Yes, I was rubbish but we won so that is the most important thing!

- Cisse

Guest teapot

He isn't clinical enough, the odd spectacular goal doesn't make up for that. Take your rose tinted specs off

He isn't clinical enough, the odd spectacular goal doesn't make up for that. Take your rose tinted specs off

He can be clinical enough, we've seen him be unbelievably clinical. It's just that he's not clinical right now, and we need to get him back to that cos the alternative right now is Shola. (Or Campbell but not seen enough)

He's a striker going through a lean patch how many times have we seen that? Look at his record man he will come good, still adapting to life in the PL imo.

Not good enough, back under your bridge.

It's his link up play that worries me, he loses the ball an awful lot imo.

Yep was at it's worst today, very frustrating.

I can't hate Cisse, he's shown flashs of his old self, and normally seems to have the right attitude, but today boiled over. Hopefully the goal will give him some confidence again.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, still love him like. If and when we do start playing really well, that might be the trigger for his form too. Goals are coming admittedly, good thing scoring when not playing well.

Remember when he joined, everytime he got the ball near the box BANG it was in. Loved Swansea game the most, 2 great goals, trolled Brendan Rodgers good  :smitten: Felt like everything he tried came off, feel for him now, seems a lovely bloke.

Guest bimpy474

Remember when he joined, everytime he got the ball near the box BANG it was in. Loved Swansea game the most, 2 great goals, trolled Brendan Rodgers good  :smitten: Felt like everything he tried came off, feel for him now, seems a lovely bloke.

Aye, he does seem a lovely lad. Makes all warm inside when you read about the little nice things he does for the local fans/kids.

I'd love him to hit form again and grab a ton of goals and help us to a fantastic end of season

only posting this cos twice ive clicked on this thread in the last 10 minutes to find blimpy's post wasn't really a new one, just that damn glitch  [edit] damn other people posted ruining this :p