Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Should have taken one of them.

Which one?

First one. Although, I did watch it on a my shitty "TV", so might have been harder than I thought.

I think the 2nd one was a great save, tbh.

The first one was a brilliant take to make the chance and the keeper was right on top of him and made a brilliant save. It could have gone in but didn't. Don't think you can blame the striker for it, he didn't have time to pick a gap.

Which one?

First one. Although, I did watch it on a my shitty "TV", so might have been harder than I thought.

Mignolet's 1st save was one we'd seen Krul do for us time and time again. Saving something at point blank.

And Cisse did bury one chance man. Not his fault a linesman made the incorrect decision.

How many goals has he had disallowed this season so far ?

2 clearly on? Sunderland and 1 Metalist? The other Metalist was off by a hair? And then he's scored like what 3 more that were offside?

He's scored in his last five home games, we can't just keep saying "oh Cisse should have scored, cost us there", it's not realistic to expect him to be putting that many chances away. Maybe we'd be getting clearer chances if he wasn't consistently the only one in the area.

I'm not saying he's not entitled to an off-day, especially given his recent good run of goals, but, in my opinion, he's still missing too many chances.

All I was saying is that his first effort was something he should have tucked away; irrelevant of current form.

He's scored in his last five home games, we can't just keep saying "oh Cisse should have scored, cost us there", it's not realistic to expect him to be putting that many chances away. Maybe we'd be getting clearer chances if he wasn't consistently the only one in the area.

I'm not saying he's not entitled to an off-day, especially given his recent good run of goals, but, in my opinion, he's still missing too many chances.

All I was saying is that his first effort was something he should have tucked away; irrelevant of current form.

Like I said, you can tuck them away if you have time to pick a gap, with flash snapshots like that one you don't have time to do it.

Which one?

Mignolet's 1st save was one we'd seen Krul do for us time and time again. Saving something at point blank.

And Cisse did bury one chance man. Not his fault a linesman made the incorrect decision.

Fully realise that; never even implied so. But it's not going to stop me highlighting important aspects of his game that he should have done better in.

He had plenty of decent chances today. It's obviously unfair to expect him to score all of our goals, but he still should be doing better IMO.

Even more harsh when he does score and it doesn't count

He had plenty of decent chances today. It's obviously unfair to expect him to score all of our goals, but he still should be doing better IMO.

Not sure which chance you think he should have put away. Most of them were snapshots which he hit pretty well I thought. The goal he did score was a pretty sharp effort as well.

Still stand by my opinion on his first chance, he had enough time there to finish it off.

Great run and turn, though.

Aye, was a great move. Personally don't think he missed any chances you would really expect your striker to score today, and he was obviously incredibly unlucky to see a goal chalked off incorrectly. I however remain worried about there being enough goals in this team playing the 4-3-3 essentially build around him from an attacking perspective.

Lacks positional sense to stay onside enough and composure to take enough of his chances to be our only striker in the starting XI, need another striker option in the summer who we can swap when he is off form.

Said from the start but don't think he will be the consistent 15-20 league goal striker we need to progress but would keep him as an option from the bench.

Nice attempt.  WUM

I've come to this opinion on him:

Very useful and special sort of player. Pure goalscorer but with the footballing ability of Inzaghi. The same assessment can be applied to his understanding of the offside rule.

However, if we are persisting with the 4-2-3-1/4-3-3/4-5-1, which I hope we are in some shape or form - he might not be the answer. Cissé doesn't RUN the channels or drag defenders out of position. He's very opportunistic and does not really interchange with anyone. He's lethal in the box to the extent that he will sniff any chance that comes his way. He does not create on his own, he does not bring others into play in the last third and he does not work defences enough physically.

I think you need that when having just one player leading the line. Especially as the movement in behind defences from our midfield is non existent. Not even Gouffran or Moussa seem to be doing it to the extent we were hoping after their first few games.