Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Cisse is finished here I reckon. Such a shame as it started out so unbelievably well for him.

He needs good crosses to score goals, but the wide players we've bought look more like goal scorers themselves than providers. Aarons looks like the type of winger that Cisse would thrive off, and Haidara's crosses are far better to attack than Santon's. But neither of those is likely to be starting games much.

That's all very well and I agree to an extent, but there's no excusing the poor quality of his performances, the missing of absolute sitters and his inability to understand the offside rule. In my opinion his mind is shot to shit and it doesn't look like he'll ever really recover from that based on the last two seasons.

When he first came here he didn't have really have 'proper' wingers either, he had Ba & HBA. I think the problem is definitely from Pardew and his mismanagement of him as a player.

Well let's hope Riviere hits the ground running then because I still can't see which striker is going to provide the 12 or so goals we'll need to replace Remy's contribution.

Well let's hope Riviere hits the ground running then because I still can't see which striker is going to provide the 12 or so goals we'll need to replace Remy's contribution.

Need a hell of a lot more than that to replace Remy's contribution, like. 14 goals and a hell of a lot of important contributions leading to goals.

Him or Ferreyra.

Well we can hope, but that's all it is. They might come off or they might flop completely it's all just guesswork at this point. We can write Cisse off now, but for all we know he might still end up being our only senior striker with a record of scoring in the premier.

Forgot about the ACON. 29 now - with his recent form, surprised they have not tried to flog him while they can. Maybe they still will.

Senegal have a tough group with Tunisia, Egypt, and a Botswana team that has looked decent at times. There is no guarantee he goes.

I like Cisse, but his form over the last two seasons has just been too poor for me to conceive a dream where he is back to "his best". Several of the players under Pardew have regressed and play with no confidence, but Cisse is at the same point as Shola and Gutierrez where he just looks completely finished as a player at this level.

Steady on, man. Even playing crap in a team providing no service he's guaranteed to threaten the goal.

His 10 Premiership goals in fifty starts and innumerable substitute appearances over the past two seasons speak to this. 1 in 5 strikers with no other attributes do not generally last very long.

Create chances for him, he will score goals, imo. It's the chance creation thing that we have yet to address for 3+ years. Pardew prefers to play people who don't create chances, grafters in Jonas, Gouffran, etc.

I do like Cisse but at this stage and with Pardew as manager, I just don't consider him a decent option. Chances are few and far between for him, and when he does get one he snatches at it because he knows the next chance won't come quickly.

Cisse would score goals for fun in a team that creates more than five 1/2 chances in a match.  Put him in a Liverpool team and he'd be 15+ goals a season. Far too many balls in the box for him to fluff.

Cisse would score goals for fun in a team that creates more than five 1/2 chances in a match.  Put him in a Liverpool team and he'd be 15+ goals a season. Far too many balls in the box for him to fluff.

If that's the case, why haven't a team like them picked him up on the cheap?

If that's the case, why haven't a team like them picked him up on the cheap?

Two teams have bid pretty big money for him according to those ITK, but he doesn't want to leave.

It's a stupid argument anyway when it come from someone who defends Coloccini constantly. Nobody's ever gone near him.

People once again forgetting some of the chances this guy missed last season.

He's lost all his confidence quite clearly, I don't see why he couldn't regain it for another manager though.

Not like the form he showed was a one off in his career, only Mario Gomez scored more than him while he was in Germany.

There's a good striker in there somewhere IMO.

I don't think its a monumental concept to understand...

He's not a Remy (create's his own chances) or Ba (can score any type of goal, esp scrappy 1/2 chances) - his best form may have been just that, but he's a fantastic striker who scores off certain types of chances and we don't create enough of them. Everyone here knows we basically get by on individual brilliance under Pardew. Cisse under a top manager who built teams to create chances would have be what  he needs exactly. 

At the moment we've got Chucky Ferreyra and Riviere as our main strikers. Now while I'm happy they are here and hopeful they'll do well, I'm glad we're not just relying on them for our goals this season. Even an out of form Cisse will get at least a couple of efforts on goal, and after witnessing Luke de Jong's reluctance in front of goal last season, that's still something. Yeah if we'd bought a proven striker then we should have sold him.

I was just watching the goals when he first arrived.

The key things I noticed: lots of crosses and through balls and get forward quickly.

But above all else what I found the most interesting was due to these factors he rarely had more than one defender around him.

When you consider all these factors it's not exactly a surprise in hindsight he managed to consistently score.

At the moment we've got Chucky Ferreyra and Riviere as our main strikers. Now while I'm happy they are here and hopeful they'll do well, I'm glad we're not just relying on them for our goals this season. Even an out of form Cisse will get at least a couple of efforts on goal, and after witnessing Luke de Jong's reluctance in front of goal last season, that's still something. Yeah if we'd bought a proven striker then we should have sold him.

God I hope they're both better than Luuk de Jong.