Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

He'll do well to pass a medical elsewhere given his knee is allegedly fucked, be surprised if he just doesn't sit out his contract. Still a great option off the bench.

£10m for a 30 yr old is good business. Would also give the club no wriggle room in failing to land a quality replacement.

Oh. they'll find a way.

A risk to sell him until we know if the replacements can score goals at this level.  Buy 2 Rivieres to replace him and we will have a problem.

I would keep him till January to see how the new strikers (if they ever arrive) are doing.  His value shouldn't really drop between now and then and there would probably be more clubs interested.

A risk to sell him until we know if the replacements can score goals at this level.  Buy 2 Rivieres to replace him and we will have a problem.

I would keep him till January to see how the new strikers (if they ever arrive) are doing.  His value shouldn't really drop between now and then and there would probably be more clubs interested.

When has that ever stopped them flogging players?

Shefqi Kuqi.

'Sky sources understand Newcastle are willing to sell Cisse to fund moves for two new strikers.'

Thank God we have some saleable assets, we'd never be able to buy anyone otherwise.

'Sky sources understand Newcastle are willing to sell Cisse to fund moves for two new strikers.'

Thank God we have some saleable assets, we'd never be able to buy anyone otherwise.

Always sell before we buy, always.  If we sell Cisse now, we might have to wait until Jan or even next summer to see if the valuations have come down on our targets.

Always sell before we buy, always.  If we sell Cisse now, we might have to wait until Jan or even next summer to see if the valuations have come down on our targets.

By which time their valuations will have trebled. 'The prices these clubs are asking is ridiculous.'

By which time their valuations will have trebled. 'The prices these clubs are asking is ridiculous.'

"the market is very difficult in jan"

"how come you bought Sissoko, Gouffran, Debuchy & Haidara a few jan transfer windows ago?"

SSN now showing a clip of him in Senegal saying he wants to stay, though.

He's said all along he wants to stay hasn't he? Probably why they're soon keen to pie him off - can't have players forming relationships with the area and refusing to do as they're told.

The only way it would make sense to sell him would be if we were getting someone like Austin. Goals in the premier are not easy to come by, we certainly can't afford to shift Cisse and hope to strike lucky with more Riviere type punts.

If he's going to be fit for a prolonged period I would easily have him as our starting striker. Buy players to make more chances for him. Still hoping De Jong will be a key player for us.

I still say if we can get some good supply from wide positions he'll score a hatful.

If we're signing two strikers, he'll go. If we keep Cisse, we'll sign one. Either way I'd be happy. (Striker A, Cisse/Striker B, Ayoze, Riviere, Armstrong).

Armstrong out on loan with a bit of luck. I'd like to think if nowt else McClaren has a mild bit of nous on how to develop youth compared to the dickhead squad he's following on from.

• 3 weeks later...

Well if 'everyone' is getting a fresh start, would be even crazier to let him go, especially without a replacement confirmed. He's obviously been hit and miss since he's been here, but he's a goalscorer - even in a side that doesn't create many chances.