Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Lad I taught to drive a few years ago is a Frieburg supporter. I emailed him for the craic...

Cisse? Last season he scored 22 goals. 56% of Freiburg's goals. First time in 49 Bundesliga Seasons that a player scored more than half of his teams goals. This season already 9 goals. He's the kind of player who doesn't appear all game and then scores from nothing. He's worth every penny. Absolutely brilliant player and as a childhood Freiburg Fan I'm not happy that he's leaving Freiburg.

and then.....

he's 10 times better than Ba!

We'll see on the second point!

:sweetjesus:

Lad I taught to drive a few years ago is a Frieburg supporter. I emailed him for the craic...

Cisse? Last season he scored 22 goals. 56% of Freiburg's goals. First time in 49 Bundesliga Seasons that a player scored more than half of his teams goals. This season already 9 goals. He's the kind of player who doesn't appear all game and then scores from nothing. He's worth every penny. Absolutely brilliant player and as a childhood Freiburg Fan I'm not happy that he's leaving Freiburg.

and then.....

Sounds good :snod:

Get in.  Now just deciding which character out of The Wire he looks most like.

;D, this is one of my favourite games! Nobody jumps out immediately though  :dave:.

Kenard.

Aye a little bit, I don't like Kenard though  :undecided:. Definitely a bit of Daniels about him too. We'll always have Sammy and Duquan anyway

and then.....

Sounds good :snod:

Taking all of that as fact moving forward.

Ba seems to be far, far more suited to this league than the Bundesliga, judging by pretty much every opinion I've heard from people who saw him at Hoffenheim.

He was good at Hoffenheim though. They played him on the left though, and so he didn't quite threaten as much as he has for us playing through the middle. I saw quite a bit of them at the time, as I used to watch Chinedu Obasi who played on the right side of the front three. Ibisevic was in the centre. They were really good at the time.

I wonder who will take pens? He looks super cool from 12 yards, dare I say it he looks more assured than Demba?

Demba > Demba ???

Ba has looked cool as fuck on all his pens so far so i wouldn't take him off them personally.

Goals On Tap For Pap

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Papiss Cissé has vowed to treat Newcastle United's famous number nine shirt "with respect", after putting pen to paper on Tyneside.

And as he follows in the footsteps of strikers including Alan Shearer, Andy Cole and Jackie Milburn to wear the iconic jersey, the Senegal international believes he is very much in their mould - a natural goalscorer.

On Tuesday, the 26-year-old forward agreed a switch from German side SC Freiburg, signing a five-and-a-half-year deal at the Sports Direct Arena for an undisclosed fee.

And in his first interview at his new club, Cissé told nufcTV that he cannot wait to get going.

"It is an honour to play for such a big club and I am looking forward to it," said the front man.

"First of all, I would like to give good value for money for the people who brought me here.

"I want to pay back the confidence the Club have shown in me, and give the supporters something to be proud of.

"I am a goalscorer, and that is the thing which gives me the most pleasure. But it is also important that I help my teammates and bring something to the team.

"Primarily though, my major strength is my goalscoring.

"I am aware of the importance of the number nine shirt, and when I spoke with the manager he made it very clear how important this shirt is.

"I will treat it with the respect and I hope to do my very best in this shirt."

Despite being on international duty ahead of the Africa Cup of Nations, Cissé jetted in to Newcastle on Tuesday to complete the deal, and revealed he is relishing linking up with his national strike partner Demba Ba at club level.

"I spoke with the coach of Senegal and was pleased that he allowed me to come here and join the Club," Cissé told nufcTV.

"Obviously it is great for me that I will be with my colleague Demba, who plays with me for Senegal, so I am hopeful that we can form a great partnership."

Well ba is really box terrorist for the way he scores goal for with simply brilliant technique & skill with excellent composure... while i see cisse (on youtube) more like shot with power & agility plus have more pace & acceleration... for me both are 2 striker are different type. So it cant be said he 10x better than Ba.

Would have posted this in the "Fulham v Newcastle" thread but there aint any......

Considering our new signing, what kind of performance can we expect from Best and Strolla at Craven Cottage? (Ok, for Strolla it can't possibly get worse). Will they be up for a fight or limp through the next few weeks until the big guns arrive?

Would have posted this in the "Fulham v Newcastle" thread but there aint any......

Considering our new signing, what kind of performance can we expect from Best and Strolla at Craven Cottage? (Ok, for Strolla it can't possibly get worse). Will they be up for a fight or limp through the next few weeks until the big guns arrive?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,91384.0.html

On page 2 :lol:

What struck me from the videos I've watched is that like Ba, he doesn't seem to score only one or two types of goals. He can do the lot by the looks. A natural goalscorer.

:thup:

and has done well in the build up of a few, got such a hard on right now.