Who can go?

Guest VaVaVoom

Smith, Lovenkrands, Harper, Kadar all have their contracts up at the end of this season.  .COM says Harper has another year after this summer but I'm sure that this season is actually his last.

Can't see Xisco or Ranger ever playing for us again. Perch should go to the championship.

Guest VaVaVoom

Worthless thread....

most of you know that whatever you guess about anyone's future .... the opposite will happen.

Enjoy the moment and the season.

That prediction in your sig is coming along belting, I see.

:lol:

Harper

Smith

Perch

Raylor

Kadar

Shola

Lovenkrands

Ranger

Obertan

Xisco

You are aware that we need to have something resembling a squad, aren't you? 

The players highlighted above, whilst not necessarily being world-beaters, are of a decent enough standard (aside from Shola, but he is odds on to finish his career here) to compete in the Premiership so why get rid? 

I would persume that their salaries are fairly low, so rather have them as back-up (we would have been lost at the weekend without Raylor in midfield) than get caught short and have to rely on Academy players.

You are aware we can sign new players, aren't you?

TT, that's fantasy football stuff man :lol: You can't get rid of ten-odd players and bring in ten new ones, man!!

Harper

Smith

Perch

Raylor

Kadar

Shola

Lovenkrands

Ranger

Obertan

Xisco

The players highlighted above, whilst not necessarily being world-beaters, are of a decent enough standard (aside from Shola, but he is odds on to finish his career here) to compete in the Premiership so why get rid? 

I would persume that their salaries are fairly low, so rather have them as back-up (we would have been lost at the weekend without Raylor in midfield) than get caught short and have to rely on Academy players.

TT, that's fantasy football stuff man :lol: You can't get rid of ten-odd players and bring in ten new ones, man!!

We don't need ten new signings though, stop being a fag.

I'd keep Kadar unless we genuinely have no intention of moving him into the first team and despite his awful performances at times think we kind of need Raylor as a utility player, gives us a last ditch option all over the pitch, watch him end up in goal one day  :lol: Otherwise happy to let them all go. I'd prefer Lovenkrands to Shola in the pecking order perhaps but we're never getting rid of Shola

Harper

Smith

Perch

Raylor

Kadar

Shola

Lovenkrands

Ranger

Obertan

Xisco

We don't need ten new signings though, stop being a fag.

Over half of your list have played this season though. A season where we've been relatively lucky with injuries.

Guest VaVaVoom

Squad Status FM Stylee...

Steve Harper - Backup

Fabricio Coloccini - Key Player

Davide Santon - Important 1st Team Player

Yohan Cabaye - Key Player

Danny Simpson - Important 1st Team Player

Mike  Williamson - Rotation

Danny Guthrie - Rotation

Papiss Cissé - Key Player

Hatem Ben Arfa - Key Player

Peter Lovenkrands - Not Needed

Rob Elliot - Backup

Mehdi Abeid - Hot Prospect

James Perch - Not Needed

Dan Gosling - Backup

Ryan Taylor - Backup

Alan Smith - Not Needed

Jonas Gutierrez - Important 1st Team Player

Demba Ba - Key Player

Leon Best - Rotation

Fraser Forster - Backup

Sylvain Marveaux - Rotation

Shola Ameobi - Backup

Cheick Tiote - Key Player

Gabriel Obertan - Backup

Tim Krul - Key Player

Steven Taylor - Important 1st Team Player

Sammy Ameobi - Hot Prospect

Haris Vučkić - Hot Prospect

Nile Ranger - Not Needed

Shane Ferguson - Hot Prospect

James Tavernier - Hot Prospect

Tamas Kadar - Not Needed

Xisco - Not Needed

Krul, Forster, Elliot (Harper)

Santon, Simpson, Saylor, Raylor, Coloccini, Perch, Williamson (Kadar)

Cabaye, Tiote, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Jonas, Guthrie, Gosling, Abeid, Vuckic, Obertan, Ferguson (Smith)

Cisse, Ba, Best, Shola, Sammy (Lovenkrands, Xisco, Ranger)

Get rid of the players in brackets and we still have a large squad. The size isn't the problem, it's the quality. The task this summer is to upgrade the likes of Obertan, Gosling, Simpson and Perch. I haven't been this excited about our squad in a long time, we just have to pray that Ashley shows some ambition.

Can see Harper wanting out in the summer really. He would want to finish his career on a high, not on the bench (understandable really).

Still rate the man like, decent enough backup for Krul (I'm still unsure about Elliot).

Krul, Forster, Elliot (Harper)

Santon, Simpson, Saylor, Raylor, Coloccini, Perch, Williamson (Kadar)

Cabaye, Tiote, Marveaux, Ben Arfa, Jonas, Guthrie, Gosling, Abeid, Vuckic, Obertan, Ferguson (Smith)

Cisse, Ba, Best, Shola, Sammy (Lovenkrands, Xisco, Ranger)

Get rid of the players in brackets and we still have a large squad. The size isn't the problem, it's the quality. The task this summer is to upgrade the likes of Obertan, Gosling, Simpson and Perch. I haven't been this excited about our squad in a long time, we just have to pray that Ashley shows some ambition.

Agree with this!

Guest Rob 1988

This month only Smith & Xisco  can f*** off.

In the summer

Harper

Ranger

Lovenkrands

Smith and Xisco off the wage bill  :fwap: :sweetjesus:

The only players in the current squad who i would say are dispensable are Smith, Ranger and Lovenkrands. Xisco has never been a Newcastle 'player' so it's pointless even counting him.

If, come August, we're in a position to move on the likes of Perch, Gosling, Obertan and Harper it would be great - but that would mean quite an influx of players, which is unlikely. The three mentioned by most people are the only ones i'd want to rush out pretty soon.

Stephen Harper

Fabricio Coloccini

Davide Santon

Yohan Cabaye

Danny Simpson

Mike Williamson

Danny Guthrie

Papiss Cissé

Hatem Ben Arfa

Peter Lovenkrands

Rob Elliot

Mehdi Abeid

James Perch

Dan Gosling

Ryan Taylor

Alan Smith

Jonas Gutierrez

Demba Ba

Leon Best

Fraser Gerard Forster

Sylvain Marveaux

Foluwashola Ameobi

Cheick Tiote

Gabriel Obertan

Tim Krul

Steven Vincent Taylor

Samuel Ameobi

Haris Vučkić

Nile Ranger

Shane Ferguson

James Tavernier

Tamas Kadar

Xisco

GREEN - Must keeps

YELLOW - Would like to keep

ORANGE - Can go if replaced

RED - Pack your bags

Agree with this tbh. A few depth signings a fullback and get rid of all the deadwood to free up the wage bill and we could have a really good squad for next season tbh.