Shane Ferguson

James Tavernier

Tamas Kadar

Xisco

GREEN - Must keeps

YELLOW - Would like to keep

ORANGE - Can go if replaced

RED - Pack your bags

Agree with that. Would like to keep Gosling though.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l801g3TNrb1qc63sno1_500.gif

Smith. Just Smith.

Guest magpie99

Smith............He can go and motivate Leeds

Lovenkrands..........Times up mate, nice little player/coaching role in Denmark

Ranger.........More trouble than enough, sell to a championship club

Xisco..........Continued his siesta back home

Forster............Already signed sealed and delivered to Celtic IMO

We would be lucky to get 4 million for that little lot but we would probably get 200K a week off the wage bill.

I would keep Harper in a coaching come emergbency goalkeeper role

I would keep Perch as a defensive midfielder to bring on very occasionally when required. Keep him away from the defence though.

I would love to give Kadar another go, probably loan him out

And here is the surprising one, I would sell Coloccini and replace him with the lad from Montpellier, if Colo wont sign his new contract now.

And here is the surprising one, I would sell Coloccini and replace him with the lad from Montpellier, if Colo wont sign his new contract now.

:sweetjesus:

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTIRovlObrjCJr4x-z4_iOBS_R4Yia2Tkn_N4je8naJuWQ8hC-7kp4-tSyTww

Bold, very bold.

I assume that Colo is holding out - possibly until the end of his contract - to see if he gets a more lucrative offer from a more successful club.

Unlike Enrique, I'm not sure he's going to get a better offer. He's a big hero here, but I don't know if he's as highly rated by the powers that be at CL-type clubs elsewhere. He's a ball-playing centre back, brilliant in some areas but with his weaker points which often get glossed over on here. Hence his international career seems to have stalled and there doesn't seem to be much sign of major interest by other clubs, if the absence of rumours in the media are an indication.

I think we'll come to an agreement in the summer. Even if we don't, I'm not sure we'll get a sufficiently big offer to make it worthwhile letting him go early.

his weaker points which often get glossed over on here. Hence his international career seems to have stalled

that's not why his international career has stalled.

critical that we get Colo signed down to a new contract. and then ideally we should be looking to bring in a top partner for him in the summer, who can compete with Taylor to play alongside Colo for the next 3 or so seasons and eventually take over as our primary centre-half. M'Biwa fits the bill for me.

Bold, very bold.

I assume that Colo is holding out - possibly until the end of his contract - to see if he gets a more lucrative offer from a more successful club.

Unlike Enrique, I'm not sure he's going to get a better offer. He's a big hero here, but I don't know if he's as highly rated by the powers that be at CL-type clubs elsewhere. He's a ball-playing centre back, brilliant in some areas but with his weaker points which often get glossed over on here. Hence his international career seems to have stalled and there doesn't seem to be much sign of major interest by other clubs, if the absence of rumours in the media are an indication.

I think we'll come to an agreement in the summer. Even if we don't, I'm not sure we'll get a sufficiently big offer to make it worthwhile letting him go early.

The only thing he's lacking to his game is pace.

Why does Perch have to go? He's cheap, seems to have a good attitude and can cover a lot of positions, albeit badly.

you answered your own question. Hes not a good footballer, rather play a 15 year old there than him. He looks s*** scared on the ball and is outmuscled by most players in the league. I bet hes not even good enough for the reserves ffs. I do have something against him, but only because hes p*ss poor. theres a reason to why we have let in so many goals with him in the team.

Aye, he's not a CB. :lol:

Smith............He can go and motivate Leeds

Lovenkrands..........Times up mate, nice little player/coaching role in Denmark

Ranger.........More trouble than enough, sell to a championship club

Xisco..........Continued his siesta back home

Forster............Already signed sealed and delivered to Celtic IMO

We would be lucky to get 4 million for that little lot but we would probably get 200K a week off the wage bill.

I would keep Harper in a coaching come emergbency goalkeeper role

I would keep Perch as a defensive midfielder to bring on very occasionally when required. Keep him away from the defence though.

I would love to give Kadar another go, probably loan him out

And here is the surprising one, I would sell Coloccini and replace him with the lad from Montpellier, if Colo wont sign his new contract now.[/b[

:serious:

Seriously like, you are taking the p*ss aren't you?

Guest magpie99

I expected this reaction from you guys on here but if you set aside the emotional side of things and look at things rationally, you might understand where I am coming from.

I agree that Colo is a superb player for us and as a captain, a good leader but with 18 months of his contract remaining and already hitting 30, how long can he remain as influential for us, especially if his demands for an extension are excessive.

We could be heading for an Enrique scenario in the summer with the club unwilling to givce him the contract he demands due to his age and the financial framework thed club has installed. Many on here were up in arms about Nolan ast summer but in my opinion, he has not been missed, been replacedd by better, younger and more efficient and I can see the same thing happening with Colo.

What would you do if a Spanish team came in for Colo in the summer and offered us, say, 6 million for him? Coupled with the fact he was stalling on signing his contract, would you sell? I certainly would, as much as I would be sorry to see him go.

The trick would be replacing him. What would you say if we replaced him with this lad from Montpellier? He looks to me to be a fantastic talent, 22 years of age, pace, height, a good reading of the game and about to be inducted into the French national team.

Good players leave clubs for a number of reasons and we have had our fair share in the past. Does anyone remember the fans reaction to Keegan selling Andy Cole? The club replaced him 6 months later. Look at the reaction to Carrolls sale and look at the reaction in the past few days to the purchase of Cisse. People are saying Andy who.

Arsenal got rid of Henry, Viera, Man Utd got rid of Stam, Keane and Beckham. Chelsea are going through a similar scenario to us with Lampard so good players are always sold wshen they appear to be past their usefullness to the club or can be replaced by younger hungrier players.

Dont get me wrong. I would love to see Colo sign his contract and stay for another 2 or 3 years but if he stalls, the club will have no option to sell especially if his agent is hawking his name around europe. As I said before, the trick will be in replacing him and the lad from Montpellier looks the ticket.

Think the board appreciates we don't want to be stuffed when Colo leaves/retires, but replacing him in the summer is far too risky given his importance to the team.

Do you really think you can get anything approaching a like-for-like replacement at 22 years old? Would you gamble the team's safety upon it (because without Colo, that's effectively what it is) too?

Most CBs are at their best at around age 28 for a start. The way to handle the "Colo issue" would obviously be to try and persist to get him to sign a new contract, but failing that, get someone alongside him [circa 24/25/26] who can learn from him over the course of a season [though preferably more], get settled in the team, and eventually take over when Colo retires/leaves or whatever.

Taking Colo out and simultaneously replacing him is like pulling the plug out from the bottom of the ocean floor and then hoping the plug your eyeing is the exact fit as you drain down to the bottom!

[/iMO]

Guest magpie99

Comparing Colo to Nolan. :lol:

Over the years of reading your posts, I have come to understand your arrogance is probably borne from your inability to read properly.

If you took the time to read my post, you would realise that I was comparing Nolan's contracgt situation with Colo, not a comparison of players.

Cut the crap.You are only showing yourself up, as usual

Guest magpie99

Think the board appreciates we don't want to be stuffed when Colo leaves/retires, but replacing him in the summer is far too risky given his importance to the team.

Do you really think you can get anything approaching a like-for-like replacement at 22 years old? Would you gamble the team's safety upon it (because without Colo, that's effectively what it is) too?

Most CBs are at their best at around age 28 for a start. The way to handle the "Colo issue" would obviously be to try and persist to get him to sign a new contract, but failing that, get someone alongside him [circa 24/25/26] who can learn from him over the course of a season [though preferably more], get settled in the team, and eventually take over when Colo retires/leaves or whatever.

Taking Colo out and simultaneously replacing him is like pulling the plug out from the bottom of the ocean floor and then hoping the plug your eyeing is the exact fit as you drain down to the bottom!

[/iMO]

I agree with a lot of what you are saying here regarding Colo and like you and others, I really would like him to stay but I am basically playing the devils advocate here and basing my assumptions on the clubs previous record of contract re-negotiations with key players. We do not know what Colo is asking for, amount, length etc or what the club is offering but past history shows it is unlikely they will offer a 30 year old anything more than a 3 year deal and probably on less money with incentives. Will Colo accept this? If he does, then fine but if he doesnt, the club has little other option but to get as much as they can for him and replacde him with a younger model.

Comparing Colo to Nolan. :lol:

Over the years of reading your posts, I have come to understand your arrogance is probably borne from your inability to read properly.

If you took the time to read my post, you would realise that I was comparing Nolan's contracgt situation with Colo, not a comparison of players.

Cut the crap.You are only showing yourself up, as usual

It's still a shit comparison. Comparison of ability is irrelevant, you were still comparing replacing Nolan with Cabaye to replacing Colo with this 22 year old lad from France, when it clearly isn't going to be as easy a position to fill as Nolan was. :dontknow:

My biggest fear of losing Colo is that, aside from who would our captain be, is we would then be relying on either Saylor or Williamson as the influential 'rock' that holds the rest of our defence together. Especially if you're advocating Colo's replacement to be this 22 year old. Can't see why anyone would entertain the notion of losing the best CB I've personally seen in my time (admittedly relatively short being only 22) of supporting the club. But each to their own.

Considering his age and general reputation in football, I can't see him going for any amount worth taking. I'll take the last year of his contract, thanks.