Fulham 5 - 2 Newcastle United - 21/01/12 - Post-disaster reaction from page 60

Dave

Half way report from me:

Jonas has been brilliant in the middle, Ben Arfa lively and got a deserved assist. Shola has been ok actually and had a great shot but also should have scored a header. We've totally controlled the game, and if that Santon thing hadn't happened would have been entirely comfortable. We could easily just hold on to win this from here imo, but should go for another goal if we can.

Fuck me. Really lucky, should've been off. But that evens out David Luiz staying on earlier in the season.

The ref penalised him for the second foul, at which point he wasn't clean through so i don't particularly think he should have gone. Had the ref seen the pull before the actual foul though it might have been a different outcome.

I'm really not sure about the "Foul" that Andy Townsend saw on the halfway line. At what point was Andy Johnson in control or possession of the ball? Is Santon not equally allowed to compete for it? As it looked 50-50 on the halfway line to me. The second one showed up Andy Johnson for to coin an American term the Johnson that he is.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Lads we have jjohnson to thank for being a good sport because had he gone down for the first pull Santon was in really big trouble.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Santon's pace kept him on the pitch at the end there.

Not knowing your players fucked him up there

Dont go tight 1v1 on Johnson with space to run into he'll turn you and be away

Anyway, think we've been fucking brilliant. Almost completely dominated them in terms of possession, looked dangerous and by far the better side.

Glad we got the goal we deserved, and nobody deserved it more than Guthrie who has been outstanding. Guterriez has been great so far as well. See no need to change things just yet, but Fulham can't be that bad second half, surely.

In terms of the actual rules, it's not a red.

I always got taught that a foul on the halfway line like that can't be a red. There's so much ground to make up, anything could happen between Johnson breaking free and reaching the box. Not an obvious goalscoring opportunity yet.

We are playing like Barca, just with Shola instead of Messi

Shola's been good.

You're not allowed to say he's not dogshite or Taylor_01 will mock you for saying he's amazing :rolleyes:

Thought we've had a very good first half, bar that defensive slip up at the end (as a unit, it was poor and they all got caught pressing too far into Fulham's half) - have looked reasonably creative going forward given that we've not got our two 'first choice' strikers.

HBA + Guthrie need to pick up on their medium + long-range passing, especially in our own half. Fulham look out of shape, out of sorts and there for the taking in this half.

Fuck me. Really lucky, should've been off. But that evens out David Luiz staying on earlier in the season.

The ref penalised him for the second foul, at which point he wasn't clean through so i don't particularly think he should have gone. Had the ref seen the pull before the actual foul though it might have been a different outcome.

Would be harsh to flash a red at the halfway line.  Ref got it spot on, still think Santon could have out paced him, it's Andy fucking Johnson.