Fulham 5 - 2 Newcastle United - 21/01/12 - Post-disaster reaction from page 60

Dave

Jonas has been excellent like.

He uses his work rate to be so involved. His short passing is very smooth.

As predicted by myself (because I'm f***ing class) he has improved markedly with Ben Arfa in the team as he doesn't have to be sole runner with the ball and can use his intelligence which is massively underrated by many to get involved and help dictate the game.

HBA's been pretty quiet on the whole himself. He's not as hungry as Jonas in his general play.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I'm drooling at the thought of adding Cissé and Ba to this team. Is it wrong that I prefer Guthrie to Tioté in many ways? Seems to give us more against teams below us.

Spot on when we have the ball. Though Tiote is such a beast, wouldnt be able to drop him myself ;-)

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

okay we're playing better to watch football today but I still think other than the peno we gave away the stoke performance was the most solid away performance. If we play like we did 1st half today in the second half then the stoke match will be beaten though.

As predicted by myself (because I'm f***ing class) he has improved markedly with Ben Arfa in the team as he doesn't have to be sole runner with the ball and can use his intelligence which is massively underrated by many to get involved and help dictate the game.

HBA's been pretty quiet on the whole himself. He's not as hungry as Jonas in his general play.

He's been involved when needed, just so happens most of the game has gone down our left possibly as Fulham are weaker down this side. Got an assist too.

Concur with Ronaldo this is better than Stoke.  We've played brilliantly today, passed it round extremely well.

Stoke was great tactically but very poor to watch. Today it's the first but also enjoyable most of the time.

I'm not sure why, after the terrible performances and abuse, people are suddenly suggesting bringing Obertan on :lol:

People on here love advocating unnecessary substitutions at all times of the game regardless of how well/shit we're playing.

:2funny: this but is post of the day - and i mean this with 100% respect.

Cannot believe how good we were in the first half.  Pardew's setup completely took Fulham out of the game; Jonas, Cabaye, Guthrie in the middle switching and moving and passing brilliantly, Ben Arfa running all over the place - and his tracking back and winning the ball off Ruiz led to Guthrie's goal, fullbacks getting into the attack so easily, this is a pleasure to watch.

Adding Cisse and Ba to this movement is boner-inducing stuff.