Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Guest bimpy474

Think i'd rather stay at Watford than go and play in front of 35 fans at Wigan like.

Yep. Especially considering they'll likely be playing Wigan next year anyway.

Aye....and if he goes i guess he'll have better wages, erm.....thats it really.

Not buying this theory that they've accepted a lower bid like. Wigan have offered more money, that's it.

totally. the only source i think for 3mill is SSN. pretty sure watford would agree with the higher price. just seems like SSN have got naff info again.

Guest bimpy474

Not buying this theory that they've accepted a lower bid like. Wigan have offered more money, that's it.

Exactly and Watford aren't in a financial position to do that either.

I'd actually prefer we sign someone on loan and then target someone better than Mariappa in the summer.

But I've not even seen a hint of a rumour about us loaning anyone, and if we get nobody today and Williamson or (*gulp) Colo gets injured then we could really be in a lot of trouble.

Very disappointing if this is our only iron in the fire.

Comes to something when we are being outbid by Wigan.

Some idiot outbid me on Ebay for a fucking jam spoon last night. I know how good that jam spoon is and for that price I'd expect a jam spoon with a telescopic arm and laser guidance.

The jam spoon seller totally mugged him off.

doesn't mean they won't accept our offer later on,  mariappa may hold out for us and refuse discussion with wigan.  that would force watford's hands.

he'd be more likely to do if pardew wasn't saying things like "if he doesn't come today we'll look elsewhere in the summer"

Guest johnson293

I'd actually prefer we sign someone on loan and then target someone better than Mariappa in the summer.

But I've not even seen a hint of a rumour about us loaning anyone, and if we get nobody today and Williamson or (*gulp) Colo gets injured then we could really be in a lot of trouble.

Very disappointing if this is our only iron in the fire.

Heard it said loads of times, the club don't see any value in loan deals, apparently, so don't pursue them anymore.

Silly really, you'd think it would make sense for them - short term outlay on wages, and not always needing a loan fee, and if it doesn't work out, you aren't stuck with the player.

doesn't mean they won't accept our offer later on,  mariappa may hold out for us and refuse discussion with wigan.  that would force watford's hands.

he'd be more likely to do if pardew wasn't saying things like "if he doesn't come today we'll look lesewhere in the summer"

Up to him, but he has half a season to prove himself, to us or to other decent clubs, and he will have more chance of staying in the Prem either way if he chooses us over Wigan.