Adrian Mariappa stays at Watford

Skirge

Comes to something when we are being outbid by Wigan.

Some idiot outbid me on Ebay for a fucking jam spoon last night. I know how good that jam spoon is and for that price I'd expect a jam spoon with a telescopic arm and laser guidance.

The jam spoon seller totally mugged him off.

Please don't tell me you're going to go forward with out a quality backup jam spoon!

Backup? I'm a collector, got millions of the damn things.

Can't stand jam anymore.

Should buy some spoons made of something else then.

Pardew seems pretty bullish, said Watford need to take into account what Mariappa wants.

Defffo get the impression that it is this lad as 2nd tier insurance, or nobody.

Just watched that again and he also said he knows the player.

Not too unlikely that he might refuse Wigan forcing Watford's hand to deal with us?

I'm fairly sure the press conference was before Wigan put the bid in? Guessing at the time Pards felt we had the upper hand, hopefully as you say, we may still do depending on Mariappas take on things.

BBC have confirmed we've made no new bid & that they havent yet accepted a bid from Wigan. Theyve recieved multiple bids.

tbf when pardew says "we've made a final bid" doesn't necessarily mean very recently.

Surely your Chelsea's or Man City's would have a young promising centre back available for loan; somebody like Bruma (who's currently on loan to HSV)? More likely to get some first team action here in the next 6 months than at their current club, so could benefit all parties involved. I know this is not our blueprint, but it's miles better than gambling our entire season on Colo and Williamson staying fit and not getting suspended.

Guest Roger Kint

How much did Onouha go for in the end? Surely for the price we'd be paying to get this chap he would have been better value?

onouha is like on 60k , no deal.

No way Onouha would have come here

Guest johnson293

We'll get this lad in the end methinks. We've got 7 hours and 43 minutes left to sort something.

Wonder where we'll park the chopper this time.

Guest VaVaVoom

If the likes of Wigan (relegation fodder) are interested in him why the fuck are we (6th) after this chump?

FFS just make a bid for M'biwa man.

Guest Roger Kint

Sam Matterface says his money is on Mariappa coming here. Says it's what the player wants.

?

Ex SSN now Talksport bloke

Guest VaVaVoom

If the likes of Wigan (relegation fodder) are interested in him why the f*** are we (6th) after this chump?

Because we're just looking for cover at the minute?

I think your missing the point?

Guest Roger Kint

If the likes of Wigan (relegation fodder) are interested in him why the f*** are we (6th) after this chump?

Your point was that we should be turned down off Montpellier instead?

Guest VaVaVoom

Your point was that we should be turned down off Montpellier instead?

My point is Marriapa is a CC defender interesting Cardiff and Wigan....So really that says it all.

Spending 4mil on him "as cover" would be a worse deal than when we brought Perch in ffs.